DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first film entirely shot on M3

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I kind of got inspired by my recent trip to Tasmania and Victoria to make a film that shows that Australia is not all desert, not by a long shot.
All captured on my replacement M3, supplied by DJI after an incident with a branch that refused to give way to me :cool:
Filmed in the Australian states of South Australia, Victoria Tasmania and in the Northern Territory, hope you enjoy "Dressed in green-Australia"
Bravo Chris,

Fantastic work, very cinematic. I am curious what frame rate you shot the footage on.

Cheers,
Scott

Reactions: christangey
This was truly beautiful. I had no idea Australia had such beautiful forests. I want to grow up and be like you one day. I'm still learning the basics of how to control my drone, so I have a long way to go yet.

Chris,
Thank you for sharing your video! I have bookmarked it for my two-minute mediation breaks during the day. I loved all of scenes---the waterfalls, the fog in the forest, the forest, the green pastures, the swans, the flying birds, the streams, the mountains, the sunlight. It is a variety of tranquil scenes, and the music fits well. Keep up the great work!
Dean

I kind of got inspired by my recent trip to Tasmania and Victoria to make a film that shows that Australia is not all desert, not by a long shot.
All captured on my replacement M3, supplied by DJI after an incident with a branch that refused to give way to me :cool:
Filmed in the Australian states of South Australia, Victoria Tasmania and in the Northern Territory, hope you enjoy "Dressed in green-Australia"
WOW.. Just WOW! Great piece of filming and great choice of music and great editing. Did I say great enough? Thanks so much for posting. I look forward to that re-edited piece you mentioned.

Beautiful film! I love how you use simple cuts instead of jarring transitions. For the rain scene, where you flying in the rain? If so, how did the M3 fair? Also, wondering if you mostly fly with obstacle avoidance off or do you keep it on?

One last question, I am seriously considering getting the RC Pro - did you find it a worthwhile upgrade considering the cost factor involved?

Although, I am mostly a stills photographer, I find your videos inspire me to branch out and explore taking more videos with my drones and improve my skills at doing so.

Australia and New Zealand are definitely on my bucket list but exploring the beauty of the country you live in which seems to be what you are doing is definitely something I share. Keep sharing those amazing films you make!

Chris

Stunning !!! Thanks for sharing !!

Beautiful film! I love how you use simple cuts instead of jarring transitions. For the rain scene, where you flying in the rain? If so, how did the M3 fair? Also, wondering if you mostly fly with obstacle avoidance off or do you keep it on?

One last question, I am seriously considering getting the RC Pro - did you find it a worthwhile upgrade considering the cost factor involved?

Although, I am mostly a stills photographer, I find your videos inspire me to branch out and explore taking more videos with my drones and improve my skills at doing so.

Australia and New Zealand are definitely on my bucket list but exploring the beauty of the country you live in which seems to be what you are doing is definitely something I share. Keep sharing those amazing films you make!

Chris
I bought the Mavic 2 Pro with the standard controller and later on, bought a Smart controller. It is soooo much better flying using the SC, so I would suggest that you get the new SC if you get a Mavic 3, despite the cost of that new SC. It will be worth it in the end.

Wow really impressive and beautifully captured video - I note you flew in very tight forest spots, were you not afraid of collosions. On what setting did you put your collision

Perfect job, mate. Stunning visuals and the music fit just right.

Happy to give you pointers to locations, the planning takes much longer than the actual shooting!

Are you using OpenSky or similar apps to choose either orange or clear zones?

For instance, in OpenSky, Melbourne CBD shows up as Orange, with a yellow exclamation point because of Heliports.

Or do you mostly target non urban areas? Even in seemingly rural areas, you see a lot of small orange circles in OpenSky, which are usually heliports or Airport without Traffic Control.

Nice country Australia

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13