DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new MP with iPad Mini 4 WiFi+Cellular has a lag but hubby's doesn't

daisy-girl

Reactions
The only obvious difference is that my iPad is held in the loving arms of the RC with the Start button to the right, while his is on the left.

The lag does not appear when the SIM is played with a USB card reader directly on our 1080p HDTV.

We are both using the same FW but my version of the APP is newer.

If I see tomorrow that switching the position of my iPad makes no different, what is the next most likely culprit?

Thank you.

In DJI Go 4 , are you using any special camera functions like "over exposure" and "focus peaking" , they introduce a huge load on the device CPU.

Are you caching to the device, this can cause pixelation and lag.

You might also have a number of apps on your ipad, taking up internal memory etc.

Reactions: pk1118
In DJI Go 4 , are you using any special camera functions like "over exposure" and "focus peaking" , they introduce a huge load on the device CPU.

No.

Yes but only up to 2GB -- same as hubby.

You might also have a number of apps on your ipad, taking up internal memory etc

The device is dedicated to the DJI GO 4 app -- everything else has been disabled -- pretty sure same as hubby but I will double-check that. Isn't there a way to automatically make all my settings same as hubby's just by turning both devices on?

UPDATE:it appears that the lag is not due to a) the iPad b) the Skytreat right-angle cable that connects the RC to the iPad via the USB port on the RC, as both work well with hubby's MP. My aircraft has the same FW as his but a newer version of the app -- 4.2.6 v. 4.1.2 for his.

Is the newer version of the app a possible culprit?

And if the answer is yes, what is the remedy?

I have to ask you said " RC with the Start button to the right, while his is on the left"

just for the heck of it have you tried to move yours to the left? I would assume you did try that per your other post?

also what ios verions are on the ipads?

aim the RC antennas the same as you hubby.
OR do what my wife would do, just claim the one that works best and tell him its your now...:D

Reactions: Callum
aim the RC antennas the same as you hubby.
OR do what my wife would do, just claim the one that works best and tell him its your now...:D

lol yup that's plan B switch them when he is sleeping! lol lol lol

I have to ask you said " RC with the Start button to the right, while his is on the left"

just for the heck of it have you tried to move yours to the left? I would assume you did try that per your other post?

Yes, I did, but no effect.

also what ios verions are on the ipads?

His is 11.1, mine is 11.2.5

hummm

His is 11.1, mine is 11.2.5 well that could be related have you tried the same version of go app that he is on yet?

I would assume the remote controller firmware is the same?

as they say happy wife, happy life! :)

I would assume his ipad on your mavic works fine? if so then its not anything to do with the mavic

if firmware in the mavic and remote controller are the same then I would uninstalled the go app and install the same version as he has

if that doesn't fix it then try another usb cable! or use his cable if you haven't already!

after all that and it still does it then I would say it ios version! .

You might also have a number of apps on your ipad, taking up internal memory etc.
Thank you very very much Iannes!
your explanation about lag problem helped me to solve my problem of cpu overload. And this after 10 days of surch!
Phil from Reunion island.

if that doesn't fix it then try another usb cable! or use his cable if you haven't already!

after all that and it still does it then I would say it ios version! .
The cable is not going to cause any difference in lag.

The only thing that might cause a difference in lag is a) IOS version, recent updates for the Spectre bugs may have had some effect, or b) the most likely cause, is what's going on in the background, when you are running Go.

Take a look at this: How to manage Background App Refresh on iPhone and iPad

Thank you very very much Iannes!
your explanation about lag problem helped me to solve my problem of cpu overload. And this after 10 days of surch!
Phil from Reunion island.

No problems Phil, glad I could help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan