DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Guy from Arizona

Frankied24

Reactions
Hello!

I am tripping y'all! I got tired of cheap crash test dumy drones and pulled the trigger on a Mavic Pro! I don't even have it yet as it is in transit but I wanted to get a head start. I have spent the past two days binging YouTube videos and came across this site right now. Thank goodness I found it now!

I saw videos on must have accessories so I ordered an extra battery, a case, extended landing gear, and an aluminum tablet holder thing. There are a few other things I saw that make sense and filters will probably be my next purchase.

I have basics of flight down. I was a big nitro RC truck guy in a past life so I know my way around remotes and driving with flipped directions. I feel a little better after watching videos about all the flight assists on the Mavic Pro. It seems like I will be ok if I take it very slow and keep the drone flying close to me for at least a few batteries worth of flight. That said I am real nervous about flying it. For about 5 seconds I thought about cancelling my order. I guess flying unstable cheap drones that always crashed has made me skittish.

I am real excited to start flying this drone. I live in the foothills of one of our mountain ranges outside of Phoenix and I will be going to some of the huge open fields nearby. We dont have tall trees, or tall buildings or visible power lines here. There is a lot of open space to explore.

Thanks everyone! Peace!

Reactions: msinger
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
You’re wait time is a perfect opportunity to study the Manual. DJI products do not ship with a manual so may as well download it now.
Enjoy, ask and be safe.

Welcome! Prepare yourself for a whole new experience. Once you get past the setup of Go 4 and initial calibrations you will find the MP is quite a machine. The MP is so stable that almost two years in I am still amazed by it.

While waiting, after you have studied the manual, watch some crash videos on YouTube. They will show you the most common mistakes made and help you to avoid them.

Reactions: Mossiback
Reactions: msinger
Hello!

I am tripping y'all! I got tired of cheap crash test dumy drones and pulled the trigger on a Mavic Pro! I don't even have it yet as it is in transit but I wanted to get a head start. I have spent the past two days binging YouTube videos and came across this site right now. Thank goodness I found it now!

I saw videos on must have accessories so I ordered an extra battery, a case, extended landing gear, and an aluminum tablet holder thing. There are a few other things I saw that make sense and filters will probably be my next purchase.

I have basics of flight down. I was a big nitro RC truck guy in a past life so I know my way around remotes and driving with flipped directions. I feel a little better after watching videos about all the flight assists on the Mavic Pro. It seems like I will be ok if I take it very slow and keep the drone flying close to me for at least a few batteries worth of flight. That said I am real nervous about flying it. For about 5 seconds I thought about cancelling my order. I guess flying unstable cheap drones that always crashed has made me skittish.

I am real excited to start flying this drone. I live in the foothills of one of our mountain ranges outside of Phoenix and I will be going to some of the huge open fields nearby. We dont have tall trees, or tall buildings or visible power lines here. There is a lot of open space to explore.

Thanks everyone! Peace!
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

OMG! GUYS! I am absolutely on cloud 9! Almost literally! I poured over the manual and watched hours of videos both tutorials and crash videos. I am not sure how much the crash videos helped, they made me more nervous!

I got the Mavic Pro from DJI and it was grounded three days before I got up the nerve to fly. I took it on my yard and did all the calibration and set up. I had watched some videos on setting the cameras and some other functions. I charged my batteries and remotes and this past Saturday I had my maiden flight. My wife actually convinced me to go! She wasn't happy with me for buying the MP but she saw how enthused I was and encouraged me.

I went to a real big open park near my home. I had flown 4 different cheap drones before (anyone want one ?). This is what made me nervous. If you have flown cheap drones you know the struggle. They are not stable. They can not be hovered. They are not friendly to trees and buildings. I have a great deal of experience with RC trucks, cars, buggies, and boats both Nitro and electric. I was still nervous.

My first take off was from the auto take off. It went up and just stuck the hover! I had never seen that with a cheap drone! It was so cool to see this beautiful flying machine just sitting suspended in the air! I took off on beginner mode and could not believe how easy it is to fly. I was circling my spot and flying around trees like I had been doing this all my life.

The first day I did 2 batteries at the park and called it quits. I went home and looked at the video and the quality floored me. Stunning 4k. I need to work on my jerky turns and camera movem ts but it wasn't terrible. Even my neophyte wife was impressed with the video.

The next day was Sunday so we are at Church all morning and most of the afternoon. I got home around 3:00 and after a little bit headed out to a mountain range near my house to get some sunset video. I misjudged my time and the sun was already below the mountains when I got there but there was more than enough light to fly out over the desert foothills. The video is incredible. It is a choice spot to fly a drone. A 2 lane blacktop road runs up and down hills leading to the entrance to the park. There are single wire telephone poles lining the road and saguaro cactus as far as the eye can see. There is sage brush and desert sand. Small Adobe homes dot the desert. It is like something out of an old western. My kids say it reminds them of Red Dead Redemption. It is a great place to get stunning drone video.

I am blown away by my Mavic Pro! It is so much fun that I already ordered 2 more batteries which will give me 4 batteries. 2 batteries is just not enough!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60