DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini New Jersey Lighthouse

dronertv

Reactions
Site
droner.tv

This is the Great Beds Lighthouse in the Raritan Bay on the border of NJ and NY. It’s named for the oyster beds below. It sits about a mile out from shore. My little Mavic Mini kept losing the video feed out near the lighthouse that made it difficult to get some of the shots I wanted. But I was happy with what I got.

Great use of the golden hour. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks. We have a group, the Jersey Droners, that meet up most every Saturday morning at different places throughout NJ. It has helped me find some good places to fly. This was from our meetup last Saturday.

Looked like you were testing the "floatability" of your Mini. Of course to reach it - boat out or fly the drone.

Nice job. It does look like the white balance changes as you go around the lighthouse. So, you might want to set the WB to daylight, full sun.

Reactions: dronertv
Nice job. It does look like the white balance changes as you go around the lighthouse. So, you might want to set the WB to daylight, full sun.
Thanks for the input. I used full auto on this. I have ran into other issues using auto settings. I aaking it part of my preflight checklist to confirm camera settings. I also used 1080 because I forgot to check. Most my videos I just use 1080. But when I get a more scenic location I will try to use the drone’s max resolution.

Thanks for the input. I used full auto on this. I have ran into other issues using auto settings. I aaking it part of my preflight checklist to confirm camera settings. I also used 1080 because I forgot to check. Most my videos I just use 1080. But when I get a more scenic location I will try to use the drone’s max resolution.
Nothing wrong with HD. It looks great. I find the coolest thing about 4K is, it give me the ability to "zoom" in tighter on something if I need to. Really, you should always shoot with WB set manually and ISO is also pretty easy to set and leave it unless your light is changing drastically due to clouds. Even then, better to change the f-stop or shutter if you can. Keep at it and best of luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes