DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New part 107 pilot!!!

R

rcanboy27

Hi folks, I just passed my part 107 exam today with a 93%. I studied for 3 straight weeks. I took the exam at Colorado Springs, Colorado, and it was a really interesting exam. Just study hard and know your stuff. I am very happy with my results and all the knowledge that I acquired with the Pilot Institute, Kudos to Greg. He is a great instructor and really know his stuff. The study material they provide is second to none. I will recommend the pilot institute 100% to those interesting in pursuing the part 107 license. 2022-4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just passed my part 107 exam today
Congratulations to you. I passed my exam on Tuesday and I've ordered my PI Shirt in Black, Don’t forget to order yours. You can download a download a copy of your IACRA Temporary Airman Certificate (with the Biggo "PENDING" in the Certificate Number box) on the IACRA Web Site. I've been told the wait for the actual license could take a couple of months… Once again, Congrats and "ain't the feel'n great?"

Congrats, I plan on taking mine probably first week of November if I can get funds together to pay for the test. In the meantime I'm studying with pilot institutes material and if needed I'll just keep studying til I can afford the test itself, already had a bit of a grasp of it over the last year but really loving how pilot institute videos clarifies it further and actually teaches the science behind it and not just what's expected to be correct on the test without understanding the 'why'.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Pilot institute as noted on top (they have online courses for part 107 and bunch of others and I think they said 98% or so of their students pass the test on the first try).

I know about Pilot Institute - I am one of their graduates.

I know about Pilot Institute - I am one of their graduates.
Ahh you meant like where is it on their site... not seeing it on a google reverse image search, though did find this neat GIF of the same thing.

giphy.gif

Who Hooo! Congrats, job well done!
A few of my favorite places in COS and nearby include Cheyenne Mt Park area, Cripple Creek, Victor, Highway 24 west of Divide (the rock formations are great), Palmer Lake (both the lakes areas and the trains (trains are great to help learn how to fly parallel to a particular rail car)), and of course, home turf parks of Sagebrush and Wildflower. If you go south, try Bishops Castle. A donation of $20 dollars and a copy of your final product might entice an approval.

No matter, happy flying!

Congrats - Where did the Class of 2022 logo come from?
Hi, go at the end of the course after the practice exams, there are lots of extra videos with lots of useful info. Keep scrolling down and you will find them in a zip file.

Congrats, I plan on taking mine probably first week of November if I can get funds together to pay for the test. In the meantime I'm studying with pilot institutes material and if needed I'll just keep studying til I can afford the test itself, already had a bit of a grasp of it over the last year but really loving how pilot institute videos clarifies it further and actually teaches the science behind it and not just what's expected to be correct on the test without understanding the 'why'.
Thanks, in my opinion the key is repetition as far as the sectional charts. I encountered around 20 questions pertaining to that section in particular. Lots of chapters weren't even mentioned. All the questions regarding who is responsible is the RPIC, to me that was a bonus.

Who Hooo! Congrats, job well done!
A few of my favorite places in COS and nearby include Cheyenne Mt Park area, Cripple Creek, Victor, Highway 24 west of Divide (the rock formations are great), Palmer Lake (both the lakes areas and the trains (trains are great to help learn how to fly parallel to a particular rail car)), and of course, home turf parks of Sagebrush and Wildflower. If you go south, try Bishops Castle. A donation of $20 dollars and a copy of your final product might entice an approval.

No matter, happy flying!
Thank you, I will start to wonder around those areas to get more experience.

As I have already posted, I took my Initial Part 107 Exam last week and I scored 100% on the Exam.

I have read so much about the Recurrent Training, and since my Temporary Airman Certificate has a "Biggo" PENDING in the Certificate Number Block, I decided to check out the FAA Training Website, "faasafety.gov" and I registered (never too early…), and out of curiosity, I clicked on the Recurrent Training and there was nothing to indicate that I could not enroll and take the training, and I did…

I went thought the various presentations and there were approximately 20-questions that just checked my understanding as I went along. On one of the questions, I answered wrong to see what would happen and the presentation merely told me I was incorrect and gave me the correct answer.

However, when I was finished with the presentation I was given a 45-question exam that had a 90-minute time limit to complete. The questions had the same format as every practice quiz or practice exams with three possible answers.

This really surprised me that there was an exam at the end of the presentation and I had to take the exam to get the certificate. Now, this did not bother me, as I did not "dump" all that knowledge I had the moment I walked out of the exam room for my Part 107 Exam.

What surprised me was that I had always read this Recurrent Training was all training, no exam…

Well, as I posted previously, I also Aced this exam as well with a 100%...

Not sure how this rolls, I know the 24-calendar months started when I took the initial exam, but now that I've taken the recurrent training, only a week later, but still in the same month, the Recurrence Date remains the same. Perhaps I'll take the exam again next month too. I do not have a problem keeping current and the information fresh.

One final thought, I did not see any reference to a passing score so I do not know what would happen if someone missed a lot of the questions; perhaps, only supply them the correct answer.

Recurrent training certificate -- Double Blanked.jpg

Recurrent Exam 100 Percent -- Double blanked.png

Well done. Passmark for my course is 100%. If you dont know it all, your not deemed fully competent.
You do get the option of a resit though 👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe