DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product ! Lunar Landing Pad is shipping

I certainly wouldn’t want to be carrying my aircraft around unprotected from the elements/knocks.
Also, I don’t think this would work for the RC+iPad usage - the combined weight plus the mount (even if aluminium) makes one hand operation of the RC impractical. It still needs an additional bag for the rest of the equipment most professionals would be carrying, but for hobbyist pilots, I can see how it might be useful.
Can't figure out how a landing pad provides more control or makes it safer for others to be around a drone?
[/QUOTE]

The Lunar Landing Pad is not designed to be a Case.

Its design was meant for a prepared flight in rough terrain and under strong winds.

Most " Professionals " our those making money with there drone and thus the Lunar Landing Pad is a Powerful tool to get the job done as safely as
possible under extreme conditions.

I do realize that many on the forum our what I call Wind Puppets , they look outside the windows see the trees blowing and say its to windy to fly.

What they our really saying is take off is going to be difficult and hand catching is going to be risky , this is where the Lunar Landing Pad shines.

One of the biggest advantages of the Lunar Landing pad is the drone is Strapped in as you get ready for take off under extreme winds this gives you an amazing advantage of getting up in the air..and landing safely.

This cannot be said for those using the Case Method , there is the constant struggle to maintain the props , the drone and the surface for take off , and all the while making sure your Drone does not blow off the rocks or tip over in the wind.

The Lunar Pad changes how much control the wind has over you , and when you add the Mavic Wet Suit and the Sea Lander Jacket your taking charge of the ELEMENTS on a whole new level.

Its a added benefit that the Lunar Landing Pad offers a way to protect , dogs , children, or gathers from getting hurt from the drone when landing as you shield the drone in the air as you let it land on the pad inches below, SAFETY is always a priority... when flying near or around people and taking control is key.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain and float on the water
Coal

Last edited:
Has to be one of the Best Mods We have seen thus far on the Lunar Landing Pads and we have seen quite a few but this one is pushing the envelope, and I love it.

Phantomrain.org
Elite gear for your Mavic
Coal
Lunar Pad Mod.png

So that is a Marco Pollo GPS finder that is attached to the top of the drone, for those asking.
For remote landings , the Marco Pollo is ideal.

Last edited:
How far has the CG moved as a result of the additional two items stuck on the top forward portion of the UAV?

How far has the CG moved as a result of the additional two items stuck on the top forward portion of the UAV?

I think this set up is 12 grams , so not enough to change the center of gravity , for those that remote land this is a great option but pricey.

I think this set up is 12 grams , so not enough to change the center of gravity , for those that remote land this is a great option but pricey.
What weight is required to affect the CG? And what would be the source of that information for any DJI product?

What weight is required to affect the CG? And what would be the source of that information for any DJI product?

what matters more than the weight that effects center of gravity is more the weight that the drone simply cannot fly. The Mavic struggles with 12 oz or 300 grams which is not much weight, despite that the center of gravity stays the same as the drone stays level.

MultiRotors aren't as "reliant" on COG until you get to some extremes. The Flight Controller will make subtle adjustments to maintain level flight as needed. We've flown some units with a payload hanging way off the back of a sUAS and the FC compensated perfectly. The less weight and the closer to center mass you can get the better but a MarcoPolo and a Strobe aren't t going to affect the flight of the aircraft other than some slight loss of flight time.

Coal we LOVE our Lunar Landing Pad. I recently ran over it with my car and other than dusty it's still working perfectly. It's great when we are flying large areas of land in rough terrain and need a stable (and CLEAN) place to launch and land. We've used it MANY times over the last few weeks as we've been doing a lot of Large Tracts of Land in very tough terrain. Well done :)

MultiRotors aren't as "reliant" on COG until you get to some extremes. The Flight Controller will make subtle adjustments to maintain level flight as needed. We've flown some units with a payload hanging way off the back of a sUAS and the FC compensated perfectly. The less weight and the closer to center mass you can get the better but a MarcoPolo and a Strobe aren't t going to affect the flight of the aircraft other than some slight loss of flight time.

Coal we LOVE our Lunar Landing Pad. I recently ran over it with my car and other than dusty it's still working perfectly. It's great when we are flying large areas of land in rough terrain and need a stable (and CLEAN) place to launch and land. We've used it MANY times over the last few weeks as we've been doing a lot of Large Tracts of Land in very tough terrain. Well done :)

How to you get it in a backpack to hike into rough terrain? Why not hand launch and land?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aikidoamigo
How to you get in a backpack to hike into rough terrain? Why not hand launch and land?

We did hand launch/catch usually (almost always hand catch) but since getting this landing pad it's just easier to land/launch from the pad. There's still a few times in very steep terrain where the pad couldn't be used but other than that it works splendidly for our needs.

The Lunar Landing Pad is a Revolutionary new way of Hand Catching your drone.*

It's Safe / Fast and very Secure and even minimizes the risk of Hand Catching and launching your drone.

Hand Launching with the Lunar Pad is so effortless that you won't think twice about using it and helps to avoid Magnetic interference and Compass errors.

The Lunar Pad changes the time spent searching for a place to take off and land. Extreme weather / wind / snow / rain no longer such a big factor when landing or taking off.

*The Lunar Pad also provides a Fast and Secure method of carrying your drone*, controller and some extra batteries.

Unlike a normal case, the Lunar Pad/Case is Transparent and nothing is hidden to cause any suspicions of what you are carrying.

The Lunar pad uses 6 Custom Made Velcro straps that are self locking to secure what it carries, and utilized custom Cut outs to keep everything in place.

The self Locking feature keeping the straps locked in at all times because of their large size, they work well with gloves.

The Lunar Pad allows for a Quick Launch for an immediate take off, providing a really fast execution. Perfect for search and rescues.

*Calibration has never been easier - no more spinning around* - The Lunar pad allows you to spin the drone making for a perfect calibration .

They are Custom Built to the tools we use the most and the Lunar Pad completely enhances the Mavic Flying Experience.

My favorite feature is simply knowing that at a glance that I have everything I need for a flight.

Currently we are offering 3 designs for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom the Mavic Pro/Plantinum and the Mavic Air.
Each Lunar Pad has the Ability to Carry 5 Batteries if the 2 Utility Slots are used.

View attachment 77421

They will retail for $135 on the Web Site plus shipping:

Forum members pay $99 plus shipping $5 International shipping is $35
Email me at [email protected] for choice of color and setup you have,
The Ipad setup is for the Ipad air / mini / The Smart Controller can be placed facedown also
to protect the glass.

View attachment 77426

Each Unit comes with our Logo etched on the back.

View attachment 77425

Landing your drone has never been easier, we will keep this thread open for future add ons such as the Cover and Crystal Sky.

Phantomrain.org
Gear for your Mavic
Coal

Lol.... so a flat piece of board then?

Lol.... so a flat piece of board then?

Yes there is a board in between for some support but you need the rubber grip so your drone does not slide off in the extreme winds. You will find using just a flat board a very poor choice and so I recommend adding some grip to that. Its pretty cool for those forgetful types like me that get annoyed with forgetting something. Its design was meant for convenience and brings new meaning to the words ready to fly . ;)

We did hand launch/catch usually (almost always hand catch) but since getting this landing pad it's just easier to land/launch from the pad. There's still a few times in very steep terrain where the pad couldn't be used but other than that it works splendidly for our needs.
How do you carry it when hiking in rough terrain?

How do you carry it when hiking in rough terrain?

I have it strapped to my backpack unless I'm close to our vehicle and then I just carry it in my hand. It's light weight, lots of handles, and easy to carry.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have it strapped to my backpack unless I'm close to our vehicle and then I just carry it in my hand. It's light weight, lots of handles, and easy to carry.
I guess I just don't get the utility of it; I just take my small sling backpack and hand launch and land.

Reactions: BigAl07
I guess I just don't get the utility of it; I just take my small sling backpack and hand launch and land.

That's the beauty of this industry. There are many different ways to accomplish just about anything we need or want to do. What works for one person (me) may or may not work for the next person (you). Doesn't make one or the other wrong just different. At the end of the day we do whatever we need to in order to get the flight in as safely as possible and hopefully having a great time doing it :)

FLY ON!!

It is a little difficult to "hand catch" an M2 with sensors active. Technically, it should be referred to as a hand landing. If you don't land the drone it will avoid your hand.

It is a little difficult to "hand catch" an M2 with sensors active. Technically, it should be referred to as a hand landing. If you don't land the drone it will avoid your hand.
Come in under the back end and it is easier that landing straight down into your hand. Less chance of sensors getting involved.

If you
Come in under the back end and it is easier that landing straight down into your hand. Less chance of sensors getting involved.
If you horizontally slide your hand under within 2 inches of the bottom (from the front or back) the sensors do not detect or respond at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe