DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release : Rescue Jackets / Float your Mavic in the Sea.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Borrowing from our Success on the Phantom 4 Rescue Jackets we were able to go a few steps further with the Mavic Rescue Jackets.

The Mavic Sea Lander Jackets
Weight: 5.3 ounces
30 Seconds to Install:
Super low profile enables enhanced stability for the low seas.

Designed to land on the water with ease with full protection to the camera
Designed for normal use in the Sea - River and Lakes.

Designed to keep your drone afloat in a crash.

Best compliment : A bystander thought it was a boat and asked if the drone could fly . :cool:

When landing on water is this easy, its a game changer.

Mavic Rescue Jackets will Come in Lunar Black and Lunar Purple

UPDATED: 10/25/2020

New Colors Added:;

Resuce Jacekt for fish Tackle..jpg

Designed for the Mavic 2 / Mavic Pro / Mavic Platinum / Mavic Enterprise.

Not recommended for Long Distance Flights
Can fly in all modes but P mode is recommended.
Can fly with sensors on but not recommended over water.

Interested !
email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Interesting. But NO!!

I see a lot of drag which will reduce Mavic's power reserves dramatically. Also floats will cause early wind warnings as I know from flying with ball floats.
At least my ball floats are centered below the propellers and don't interfere too much with the downwash as is the case here.

Excellent for a chance to recover valuable footage on your SD card and the drone so you might meet the terms for DJI Refresh replacement.

Crash recovery device. Nice.

Have you considered including a waterproof tracking device?

I see a lot of drag which will reduce Mavic's power reserves dramatically. Also floats will cause early wind warnings as I know from flying with ball floats.
At least my ball floats are centered below the propellers and don't interfere too much with the downwash as is the case here.

Drag was kept to a minimum, thus the wide open appearance that worked so well on the Phantom 4 Series Drones.

Ball Floats come with there own set of problems and our awkward in the wind, something that is a constant when you fly over water.
The lower profile allows for much more stable ride on the waves and the Open Design allows for a minimum of Drag and its ability to negotiate high winds.

Reactions: Dronage
Suicide pact. You first. In all seriousness, I’m intrigued and terrified watching the video.

LOL, yeah keep in mind that I was using the Zoom for the camera so the Water looks closer to the lens that it really was to the lens but the effect was awesome.

Notice how when the Mavic 2 lands on the water that the props and the engines quieted down, this preserves battery power and could be used for remote landings .

It's funny the way potential users imagine it's only ever going to crash within easy reach of the shore.

Although it will work in a crash scenario just fine , its not really designed for long distance flights , its designed for the creative and the adventure seeker and most boaters our extremely help full so all is not lost so easily.
If they know your drone has a Rescue jacket , chances our good you will get it back as there is no time limit on how long it will float.

Reactions: sage32 and Gindra
I guess you're used to a tough audience, Coal.!! ?

Its all good

Litterally tens of thousands of drone pilots will never even fly over water let alone fly in the wind.
The Sea Lander Jackets will find the audience that know how to use the tool to make more $$ or just make the drone into a remote hydra boat and have a ton of fun. :cool:

Over the years, I have seen dozens of drone float designs and created a few myself. The problem with all of them is that they add weight and wind resistance which affects handling and flight time. Any splash from landing, prop wash or even a small wave can cause water to get into the internal electronics or camera/gimbal. Any water incursion, especially saltwater, will likely ruin the Mavic.
As far as crash protection, the best you can hope for is recovery of a drowned drone. In a crash over water, it is likely to land upside down (buttered side down law.) If you can recover it, at least you can get DJI to replace it provided you have purchased their insurance.

Over the years, I have seen dozens of drone float designs and created a few myself. The problem with all of them is that they add weight and wind resistance which affects handling and flight time. Any splash from landing, prop wash or even a small wave can cause water to get into the internal electronics or camera/gimbal. Any water incursion, especially saltwater, will likely ruin the Mavic.
As far as crash protection, the best you can hope for is recovery of a drowned drone. In a crash over water, it is likely to land upside down (buttered side down law.) If you can recover it, at least you can get DJI to replace it provided you have purchased their insurance.

There are a few designs, most of them are circles or spongebobs that require mods to your drone to install them.

Weight and Drag do limit top performance but its the Tip Over Factor that is problematic and why you see these Circle pods and Spongebobs in pools and puddles.

We really want to push the limits on what is possible on the water while protecting the Drone , add to that the Wet Suit and its a different playing field.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

I think it's awesome and has practical uses "if" you have to fly over the water to get footage. I recently watched a YouTuber (flying in a TFR Zone), loose his drone when DJI landed it over water. This is where I see the real value (not flying in a TFR) but if you have to make an emergency landing over water. I couldn't help but notice (and I cringed) when I watched your drone footage on the water and the splashes were higher than the camera. That is scary . . .

I see floatie contraptions come up all the time.
But no-one wants to tell how much they affect their flying characteristics.
Is that really solving a problem .. or creating one?
I think it's awesome and has practical uses "if" you have to fly over the water to get footage. I recently watched a YouTuber (flying in a TFR Zone), loose his drone when DJI landed it over water. This is where I see the real value (not flying in a TFR) but if you have to make an emergency landing over water. I couldn't help but notice (and I cringed) when I watched your drone footage on the water and the splashes were higher than the camera. That is scary . . .

That effect was caused by the ZOOM feature on the camera , I really was not concentrating on the camera on the drone but the one filming the actual drone.
Thank you for your interest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78