DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Props from Master Airscrew

Master Airscrew "Orange" M2P/Z/E Props

Wrapgrade Skin to Props... not a perfect match, but close enough!

Static Observations... As all Master Airscrew, manufacture, overall design condition, packaging.. Top Notch!
I personally feel the Master Airscrew "prop mount" felt more positive and substance... opinion.

Very different in design to OEM: cord width, neck to mount, curvature of pitch across cord, shape of tip, overall length much longer.

Instructions make no mention to modify any gains... just a straight swap out.

Static Photos...
Notice length & shape.
Attempted to place OEM & Airscrew to help notice length & overlap difference.

Crapy day out... but spin up on countertop and quick hover, had a noticeable difference in tone... to my ears, Airscrew quieter.

Ooange is new Black.jpg20200125_152321.jpg20200125_152159.jpg20200125_152055.jpg20200125_152112.jpg20200125_151920.jpg20200125_151957.jpg20200125_152737.jpg20200125_152816.jpg

Master Airscrew "Orange" M2P/Z/E Props

Wrapgrade Skin to Props... not a perfect match, but close enough!

Static Observations... As all Master Airscrew, manufacture, overall design condition, packaging.. Top Notch!
I personally feel the Master Airscrew "prop mount" felt more positive and substance... opinion.

Very different in design to OEM: cord width, neck to mount, curvature of pitch across cord, shape of tip, overall length much longer.

Instructions make no mention to modify any gains... just a straight swap out.

Static Photos...
Notice length & shape.
Attempted to place OEM & Airscrew to help notice length & overlap difference.

Crapy day out... but spin up on countertop and quick hover, had a noticeable difference in tone... to my ears, Airscrew quieter.

View attachment 92060View attachment 92061View attachment 92062View attachment 92063View attachment 92064View attachment 92065View attachment 92066View attachment 92067View attachment 92068
I was just curious if you flex them together to see if they actually touch each other. If so, I could only see them being a problem in higher wind conditions or in S mode.

Do they make improved props for the mini? The OEM ones are questionable

I was just curious if you flex them together to see if they actually touch each other. If so, I could only see them being a problem in higher wind conditions or in S mode.
I didn't pull out a strain gauge, but I'll easily say the yoke (neck) is much stiffer than OEM and the overall blade is thinner in feeling with fingers (may just be the smoothness), but again I'd say is a little stiffer blade. No where near ridgid like carbon, but more like the polycorbonate plastic the frames are constructed. The OEM has overlap too, enough in theory to make contact and I don't think that's been a concern.

The Airscrew mount and mounting yoke is much thicker... and now that you bring up the question of flex, I'd assume the thicker mount section was a result of that concern. May also be why I felt the "mount" more substantial... in physical size it's about the same but once mounted it just felt more stable in wiggle or looseness.

Reactions: Drone Master
Do they make improved props for the mini? The OEM ones are questionable
Oh that'd be cool... little mini orange props!
Nope, not yet anyway... Mavic, Mavic Air & now Mavic2... for the Mavic series.

Yesterday I was 100% determined to order them. But today after reading this thread, I'm not quite sure. What is it with the longer length? When flying in SPORT mode will there be no contact between Mavic's body or propellers due to bending? Thanks.

Yesterday I was 100% determined to order them. But today after reading this thread, I'm not quite sure. What is it with the longer length? When flying in SPORT mode will there be no contact between Mavic's body or propellers due to bending? Thanks.

I hear ya and agree in concern... but all the Airscrew are different size than OEM and I personally haven't had any blade strike with Airscrew.

But, I haven't flown them in Sport mode or even flown them yet... so I'm only basing my comment on Airscrew quality.

Thought so lol sometimes things take a day to get here from the us sometimes it takes a month .. always a gamble ..

I'm interested in your concern ... I'm a long-time user and fan of Master Airscrew (on my Mavic Pro Platinum). I'm wondering what manoeuvres that you'd do that would put the negative/downward pressure on the prop-set that would make them strike the fuselage? I would have thought that pretty much all manoeuvring would involve 'positive' upward pressure on the prop's and actually push them away from the fuselage??

I'm interested in your concern ... I'm a long-time user and fan of Master Airscrew (on my Mavic Pro Platinum). I'm wondering what manoeuvres that you'd do that would put the negative/downward pressure on the prop-set that would make them strike the fuselage? I would have thought that pretty much all manoeuvring would involve 'positive' upward pressure on the prop's and actually push them away from the fuselage??
Well, I understand, negative / downward pressure should not happen when piloting MAVIC 2. And the contact between the propellers? Of course in SPORT mode at a sharp turn of 180 degrees. Thanks.

Well, I understand, negative / downward pressure should not happen when piloting MAVIC 2. And the contact between the propellers? Of course in SPORT mode at a sharp turn of 180 degrees. Thanks.
OK - I see that now. If you do turns using 'yaw' only, then the Mavic will roll out of the turn. Being an ex Pilot I'll always turn with both rudder and aileron (yaw combined with roll), which is why that didn't occur to me ...

Video on Prop Sound reduction

Update... Looks like they've added a YouTube (received an email from them) showing the difference in sound and a few benefits of the props.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky