DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Props from Master Airscrew

The first flights with new propellers are fantastic. Longer flight time, quieter, cooler motors.
comparison_DJI_M2_propellers_dB.jpg

Reactions: pelagic_one
I ordered a set for my M2P, arrived within 2-3 days. Definitely quieter, RPM’s dropped. Do like them a lot, may order another set soon.

Paul
Love’em on Mavic Pro & Mavic Air... been looking forward to M2P offering. Plus the Orange.
Ordered 2 sets: M2P, M2ED on Tues.

No early testers on YouTube, would had figured a few received early testers. Not sure what the message was above indicating already using since just released... assuming MP or MA, which I personally find better hover than OEM.

Have now flown with my new blue MS propellers, about 15 flights, and agree with those who say you perceive the sound to be lower.

But expensive, about US $ 57 for a set.

Other comparison about how good or less good MS new propellers are, there are lots of opinions about, but one thing where they are not better than other brands, is if you usually fly with, Props Gard.

My PG weighs 180 g and here, Carbon Fiber propellers overpower both MS and DJI's 8743F, in terms of flight speed in P-Mode, the difference about 4 m / s faster. Reason is probably in my opinion, the higher stiffness of the Carbon fiber propellers.

My PG weighs 180 g and here, Carbon Fiber propellers overpower both MS and DJI's 8743F, in terms of flight speed in P-Mode, the difference about 4 m / s faster. Reason is probably in my opinion, the higher stiffness of the Carbon fiber propellers.
Carbon-fibre prop's will always give the top speed, as they have very little longitudinal twist in the blades during flight. DJI's plastic prop's will 'feather' into the airflow and effectively reduce the pitch the faster they spin. However, this means that you'll see the following with C-F prop's:
a) Even though the rpm will be lower, the motors are working harder to push the prop's through the air - so C-F prop's will 'eat' your battery faster.
b) The lack of 'twist' in the C-F prop blade means that it can't act as a shock-absorber in wind gusts, and therefore the motors, props and gimbal have to work harder to maintain position and stability in the hover (meaning that the Mavic is not so good as a camera platform, and again - battery consumption goes up).
c) When flying fast in 'S' mode, the CF prop's will give top speeds - however - when you accelerate or de-accelerate at max rate, the pitch of the Mavic is excessive and the strain on the motors is way over design limits.
d) The 3rd party C-F prop's are not made to the same quality as DJI stock, so doing an accelerate/de-accelerate manoeuvre could easily split a prop hub and crash your Mavic.

Apart from that ... they are OK ... ?

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one and TTP
Carbon-fibre prop's will always give the top speed, as they have very little longitudinal twist in the blades during flight. DJI's plastic prop's with 'feather' into the airflow and effectively reduce the pitch the faster they spin. However, this means that you'll see the following with C-F prop's:
a) Even though the rpm will be lower, the motors are working harder to push the prop's through the air - so C-F prop's will 'eat' your battery faster.
b) The lack of 'twist' in the C-F prop blade means that it can't act as a shock-absorber in wind gusts, and therefore the motors, props and gimbal have to work harder to maintain position and stability in the hover (meaning that the Mavic is not so good as a camera platform, and again - battery consumption goes up).
c) When flying fast in 'S' mode, the CF prop's will give top speeds - however - when you accelerate or de-accelerate at max rate, the pitch of the Mavic is excessive and the strain on the motors is way over design limits.
d) The 3rd party C-F prop's are not made to the same quality as DJI stock, so doing an accelerate/de-accelerate manoeuvre could easily split a prop hub and crash your Mavic.

Apart from that ... they are OK ... ?

Thanks FoxhallGH, you are quite right in that the weak link in a propeller pair is "hub". Of the three brands of propellers I tried, I would rank the strength of "hub", MS 1st, DJI 2nd and CF 3rd.

I fly mostly in forests with a lot of undergrowth which makes it almost impossible to occasionally crash one or more propellers and then it is always "hub" damaged, when it comes to CF propeller blades, they seem to withstand anything.

When both MS and CF can be disassembled, I put CF propellers in the MS "hub" and thus get very durable propeller sets. If then a real violent crash possibly damages the engine, I hope to avoid that.

For me, speed is not a criterion I care about, that consuming batteries faster is a necessary evil I must accept.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky