DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New UK pilot.

roadkill443

Reactions
First move to DJI, previously built a 550 Hex (without GPS) but wanted something a little more travel friendly and intelligent flight modes. I was originally going to go with a Spark, but not having a 3 axis seemed a backwards move and amount of people that seemed to quickly progress to a Mavic i figured i'd just jump straight to it.

Couple of short flights so far dodging the British weather, stayed within beginner so far whilst working out all the variables. Had one odd moment when it threw up a compass error then a GPS (previously full with 18-20 sats. Landed, fitted a new battery, checked everything, which was back to good and carried on no problem.

Kids and mrs have also been having a go, twin 7 year old boys thought it was amazing.

P54Dsg1.jpg

nslkGRi.jpg

Last edited:
First move to DJI, previously built a 550 Hex (without GPS) but wanted something a little more travel friendly and intelligent flight modes. I was originally going to go with a Spark, but not having a 3 axis seemed a backwards move and amount of people that seemed to quickly progress to a Mavic i figured i'd just jump straight to it.

Couple of short flights so far dodging the British weather, stayed within beginner so far whilst working out all the variables. Had one odd moment when it threw up a compass error then a GPS (previously full with 18-20 sats. Landed, fitted a new battery, checked everything, which was back to good and carried on no problem.

Kids and mrs have also been having a go, twin 7 year old boys thought it was amazing.
Howdy from Wyoming roadkill443, Welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Beautiful family.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome from Northampton. UK. Today was my second time flying, using in total 5 batteries so far. 5th battery took it out of beginner mode for the first time. Camera, flight controls and gimbal settings aren't yet my priority, but are going to get sorted because the footage isn't that great - all part of the learning curve. Take it easy and should be fine. Good luck

Reactions: DC9_BOB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh