DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new update (1.0.4) is here

What’s New?
  • Added feature to unlock GEO zones (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient. This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added requirement for compass calibration before takeoff when the environment light is not sufficient and the compass experiences interference.
  • Adjusted flight altitude and distance in payload mode.
  • Added warning prompt for battery cycles.
  • Reduced noise during self-diagnostics after powering on.
  • Fixed issue: linking was abnormal in some regions.

Some are obvious but others cryptic as usual.

Warning prompt for battery cycles?
Why would you need to calibrate compass in low light ? Shouldnt it only be needing calibration whenever there is interference regardless of environment light?

What’s New?
  • Added feature to unlock GEO zones (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient. This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added requirement for compass calibration before takeoff when the environment light is not sufficient and the compass experiences interference.
  • Adjusted flight altitude and distance in payload mode.
  • Added warning prompt for battery cycles.
  • Reduced noise during self-diagnostics after powering on.
  • Fixed issue: linking was abnormal in some regions.

Some are obvious but others cryptic as usual.

Warning prompt for battery cycles?
Why would you need to calibrate compass in low light ? Shouldnt it only be needing calibration whenever there is interference regardless of environment light?

I updated this morning.. .and when all said and done... I had an "Unable to Take Off Error" (Code 147)(Code 30064). I called Tech support and they couldn't find anything on it.
I used DJI Assistant 2 Mavic to revert back to the previous firmware.

That fixed my issue. I probably won't update for quite a while now... as it "Bricked" my Mini.

I updated this morning.. .and when all said and done... I had an "Unable to Take Off Error" (Code 147)(Code 30064). I called Tech support and they couldn't find anything on it.
I used DJI Assistant 2 Mavic to revert back to the previous firmware.

That fixed my issue. I probably won't update for quite a while now... as it "Bricked" my Mini.
This software allows you to revert to a prior firmware?I updated my DJIfly app this morning but I now think I want to go back to the old version...can I do this?My Mini still sits in it's sealed box.....

I reverted back to 01.00.0300 Mini Firmware and it fixed my problem. I read the other posts about everything on this update. I am not sure why I had the issue. I guess I am lucky that way. Everything I else was updated to the latest version. My FlySafe version is 01.00.01.17. RC firmware is 01.00.0400. The Assistant 2 Software through my Mac allowed me to revert back to 0300.

Am I able to revert my Djifly app to the previous version to avoid losing the ability to fly at night?
I have not activated my Mini yet....

I don't know. I really don't. There are a ton of smart people here, and the other thread on this has a ton of info.

Reactions: Thanev
The idea is that if you're flying using GPS, you want a reliable compass condition. The alternative is VPS, but if the lighting is low, that too is out the window and you're stuck with ATTI at best.

Do you really want to remain vulnerable to unstable flight conditions? That's what the latest firmware is trying to prevent.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Am I able to revert my Djifly app to the previous version to avoid losing the ability to fly at night?
I have not activated my Mini yet....

Nothing has changed you can still fly at night just need a GPS connection of more than 8 satellites to fly, which probably a good idea to have anyway.
Some these features are to help newbie flyers who often just take off in low light without GPS connection and then complain that they have crashed or lost their drone

If your desperate to fly without a good GPS lock you can override the error message by tapping on it and in the pre-flight check list that opens up just hit "unlock"
As you probably won't have VPS at night you'll also need to do the compass calibration requested by the low light error message

Last edited:
Compass calibration will only be needed if there's an issue with the compass. Light or no light, you'll want an accurate compass.

Compass calibration will only be needed if there's an issue with the compass. Light or no light, you'll want an accurate compass.
But the app seems to force you to calibrate compass whether its needed or not to fly in lowlight

But the app seems to force you to calibrate compass whether its needed or not to fly in lowlight
[/QUOTE

For me the DJI Fly app will identify a low light situation and one with compass interference and request a calibration or to move the AC to another area.
You might be experiencing increased magnetic interference from metal structures and building with rebar etc.

This software allows you to revert to a prior firmware?I updated my DJIfly app this morning but I now think I want to go back to the old version...can I do this?My Mini still sits in it's sealed box.....
I would think twice about even even keeping it if you can return it. DJI is a PITA. Buy an Autel and fly without DJI drama.

I would think twice about even even keeping it if you can return it. DJI is a PITA. Buy an Autel and fly without DJI drama.

There is a fair difference in price between the two, for the price level the Mini is still the best drone you can buy although the Hubsan Zino Pro is close but bigger

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661