DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ with permission - DJI says "no"

Right, and terrorists used vehicles to plow over people on the London Bridge recently. Those were driven by people in the driver's seat. I'd rather be hit by a 1 lb drone than a 12,000 box truck.

Another bad analogy, this isn't London.

And this is one of the many reasons that i sent my crap mavic ( 2nd one btw. gimble issues ) back to amazon. Put the $1700 ( had to get ipad too ) back in the bank and will never buy another dji product. Not only are they dictating what you can do with it after they take your money, their quality control and tech support are abysmal. Im not interested in letting a Chinese company tell me what i can do with my product after i pay them for it. Others in this thread dont seem to have a problem with going along with the chinese control but i certainly am not.

You are wrong, it does not matter what DJI does, people looking to cause trouble will find a way, there are other options. DJI made these changes after purchase, which is wrong. Nobody forced me to buy DJI, however what I bought changed after the purchase. The product DID NOT have these limitations before buying![/QUOT

i am super-heated up right now - and either need talked off the ledge - or - a mavic pro alternative. i am a part 107 licensed UAV PIC & professional videographer. i have permission from the airport tower to fly in their restricted airspace & i cannot launch because a chinese company wants to police my movements. i've spoken to the airport director, i've spoken to the tower - and now i have sent dji an email to jump through their hoops to fly in this space.

NOT flying in this space will cost me $23,000. needless to say the mavic pro is the last dji product i will purchase. btw - all my dji stuff will likely be for sale soon ... so keep an eye out for that.

sorry for the rant -- i really AM looking for a solution
Hi, You tried to unlock the zone on your DJI Account ?
Link :
DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

At this point it has become far to easy to just bypass the nfz and all restrictions for that matter and be done with dji's bs.
I will not buy another dji product until after it has been rooted from now on. took almost 4 months before I could properly use the Mavic without restrictions.

Reactions: cderoche and Mxs
i am super-heated up right now - and either need talked off the ledge - or - a mavic pro alternative. i am a part 107 licensed UAV PIC & professional videographer. i have permission from the airport tower to fly in their restricted airspace & i cannot launch because a chinese company wants to police my movements. i've spoken to the airport director, i've spoken to the tower - and now i have sent dji an email to jump through their hoops to fly in this space.

NOT flying in this space will cost me $23,000. needless to say the mavic pro is the last dji product i will purchase. btw - all my dji stuff will likely be for sale soon ... so keep an eye out for that.

Download the mydjigo app. It's a app that allows you to change the parameters and removes nfz! They on Facebook..this is your answer

Yeah, I knew the limitations. I had a Spark that I used to hover over my pond and take photos. I was in a yellow zone. I bought a Mavic and before I got to try it, my zone was changed to red. Now, neither will take off. I support No-Fly zones, people do dumb things. But unless tectonic plates are shifting and my house was moved closer to the hospital, someone has made a mistake.

The question is this, do all companies use the same coordinates and boundaries for no fly zones? What you want is the drone with the most accurate location detection. I would guess that drone manufacturer of less expensive drones would have to add some number as a safety for margin of error.

Its time for Elon Musk (Tesla guy) to get into the drone business and make a first class affordable drone made in USA, no spying sending stuff the China, no forced firmware and app updates, no deal changes after the purchase, and a physical location you can go to and complain instead of waiting forever to get an irrelevant email reply that says:
Sorry to hear you problem.
Try reinstall the app or try another device.
Resend flight log.
Clear cache and do hard reset on you phone, then reinstall app let us know how it work.

Reactions: Blades and Masheen
Yuneec Typhoon H w/ Real Sense was on sale for 1199, marked down from 1900 at Best Buy. But I think that was a Black Friday in July sale
Wait for the H520 with the E90 camera. Also, check out a new aircraft - the GDU Byrd II with interchangeable camera ability.

You know the limitations before buying. I also find it hard to believe a professional videographer would use a mavic.
Countless idiots were and are routinely ignoring no fly zones and other rules. This means DJI has to police it or regulation will be far far stricter.
Nobody forced you to buy DJI and nobody is forcing you to use DJI. You agreed to their terms and conditions.
The limitations were not in place when I made my purchase. DJI is going under in two years or less. They will loose their majority market share at best. What they have done is cause more harm than good. Companies are now selling drones with 'no geo-fencing' as a feature. I'm no longer buying DJI, threw away $5000 already, and I really really want a couple of sparks and the goggles but just can't do it. I read that now people are adding their homes to geo-fencing - getting waaaay out of hand. What we're going to end up with are drones caught between geo-fencing that can't get out and THEN cause an accident.

Keep the geo-fencing restricted to major and regional airports, hospitals with helipads, military installations - that's all that should be required.

We know DJI doesn't listen to their customers - even the official DJI forum moderators complain of a lack of communication so I see no other outcome for the company -- they are hell bent on killing their business.

Reactions: cderoche

It is very very easy to resolve your little problem. Just think outside the boundaries of this nanny forum and you'll find your answer in 5 min. Good luck. Unshackled mavic is a thing to behold

Last edited:
Reactions: Blades
The limitations were not in place when I made my purchase. DJI is going under in two years or less. They will loose their majority market share at best. What they have done is cause more harm than good. Companies are now selling drones with 'no geo-fencing' as a feature. I'm no longer buying DJI, threw away $5000 already, and I really really want a couple of sparks and the goggles but just can't do it. I read that now people are adding their homes to geo-fencing - getting waaaay out of hand. What we're going to end up with are drones caught between geo-fencing that can't get out and THEN cause an accident.

Keep the geo-fencing restricted to major and regional airports, hospitals with helipads, military installations - that's all that should be required.

We know DJI doesn't listen to their customers - even the official DJI forum moderators complain of a lack of communication so I see no other outcome for the company -- they are **** bent on killing their business.

Airspace-penetration-AFA-stealth-study-1024x583.jpg

Did you also send a separate request letter from your firm, copy of your business licence, passport or copy of valid ID?

why ... i say WHY would ANYONE do this? they also wanted this information from the airport manager authorizing the flight.

no. just ... no.

why ... i say WHY would ANYONE do this? they also wanted this information from the airport manager authorizing the flight.

no. just ... no.

To share all info with the Chinese Government. You own your quad, not DJI. You need 0 permission from them on how and where to use it. If they want to start leasing quads and have stipulations in said lease agreement let em go for it I say. Sold is sold, its yours. Doesn't matter now anyway. There's always smart people in the world that figure out how to work around something so obviously stupid.

Reactions: Blades and PT_Mavic

no. just ... no.

Why? I can only imagine how insulted you'd be if someone complained about you flying your drone over them or their property and how incensed you'd be if someone flew their drone over you or your property without your permission. Would you be happy with your government flying drones over you and your property? Be honest now.

Last edited:
it's also interesting to see that the "old" dji NFZ featured stealth bombers. : )

Those pictures were taken by DJI drones, purchased by the US Army, and unlawfully sent to the China mainland via DJI Go 4 app and Verizon Wireless towers.

Why? I can only imagine how insulted you'd be if someone complained about you flying your drone over them or their property and how incensed you'd be if someone flew their drone over you or your property without your permission. Would you be happy with your government flying drones over you and your property? Be honest now.

i live near a park & a golf course, so drones fly over my house all the time. MOST of the time they are high enough i barely notice them - SOMETIMES i do - but unless somebody is doing something stupid i go about my day. if somebody IS doing something stupid, i'll watch a little bit - and usually get smarter and/or go away. i also have a 150 acre farm that has a pipeline running under it since 1970-something & the pipeline doesn't bother me a bit. same thing? not really - but the subjects often come up in the same conversation.

i understand keeping UNAUTHORIZED flights away from airports, helipads, military installations, hospitals, etc ... the point is - in the united states, the FAA runs the airspace, not a private company half a world away. i started off angry at dji - now i'm just disappointed at all of the apologists rationalizing their amazingly draconian NFZ policy. i am a gun owner in the peoples republic of illinois, so i know about stupid laws and and unenforceable policies - but this is a whole new level of intrusion.

so yes, i will geofence my house, and if BigDuke6ixx wants to fly over i will need a drivers license, a major credit card & amazon prime login & password.

Todd, I'm really happy to see, a few pages ago, that you found your way into the light on this issue.
The problem is solved for current products, permanently, no matter how much some folks want to stick their heads into the sand about it. And with NLD it's even easy to solve.

They already do and have been. You can't see theirs 30,000 feet up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev