DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No GPS at all :(

Gianc4rlo

Reactions
Hey guys, hope you all doing fine, I'm sadly not.
Two days ago I was flying my new mavic like a charm, everything was working fine.
Yesterday, when I was planning to fly it again, i turned on the controller, the app, and finally the mavic, and, no GPS signal despite I have 6-5 satellites in any positions.
The mavic seems to get No GPS at all, so all I get is optic and atti fly modes. Nothing happened to the drone.

Could anybody save me from this nightmare? Thank you all in advance.

Hey guys, hope you all doing fine, I'm sadly not.
Two days ago I was flying my new mavic like a charm, everything was working fine.
Yesterday, when I was planning to fly it again, i turned on the controller, the app, and finally the mavic, and, no GPS signal despite I have 6-5 satellites in any positions.
The mavic seems to get No GPS at all, so all I get is optic and atti fly modes. Nothing happened to the drone.

Could anybody save me from this nightmare? Thank you all in advance.
Howdy from Wyoming Gianc4rlo, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I am sure someone will be along shortly to assist with you issue.

So you don't have no GPS signal, you simply don't have enough satellites locked for the FC to enter P-GPS mode. Do the locations where you are trying to fly have a clear view of most of the sky? Are you close to any potential sources of interference?
Thanks for your reply! No big interference. Those flights that I'm attempting to do are in places that I commonly used to fly with GPS active. That's what bother me the most. All of sudden the GPS started to act weird and didn't connect properly. Yesterday it had a few seconds of connectivity and them disappeared again,so it's pretty much always in atti or opti mode. :( May it be something I did? I did not changed anything by myself.

Since it's a new Mavic and it's been doing this pretty much right out of the box I would suspect it's a defective unit. Assuming you're not in a canyon or something you should be getting 17 to 20 satellites with no problem.

You're probably going to need to exchange your Mavic for a new one from where you bought it, or contact DJI for a replacement.

Since it's a new Mavic and it's been doing this pretty much right out of the box I would suspect it's a defective unit. Assuming you're not in a canyon or something you should be getting 17 to 20 satellites with no problem.

You're probably going to need to exchange your Mavic for a new one from where you bought it, or contact DJI for a replacement.
↑↑↑ Yup

Thanks for your reply! No big interference. Those flights that I'm attempting to do are in places that I commonly used to fly with GPS active. That's what bother me the most. All of sudden the GPS started to act weird and didn't connect properly. Yesterday it had a few seconds of connectivity and them disappeared again,so it's pretty much always in atti or opti mode. :( May it be something I did? I did not changed anything by myself.

If you're in the States, check FAA site for any military GPS testing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan