DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more iPad Mini 4 Cellulars, What else?

jrizz1

Reactions
Went to Best Buy to get an iPad Mini 4 128GB Cellular and was told they are no longer available. Only options in cellular are 32 or 64GB from cellular company at $600. Would they be good for a MPP? Can WiFi version be okay even without GPS. I think only changing RTH on the fly and Follow Me will not work with WiFi model. What other tablets are people using? I would consider something other than an iPad Mini 4.

The wifi only Ipad works great. Supposedly a couple of intelligent flight modes wont work but I have never tried it. I have used it in the boonies away from celluar and wifi and it works just fine. No drop outs on the app like so many others have from time to time. I think its a non issue and would buy another non celluar Ipad again. But then it depends how you use your mavic. Like you said you cant verify the home point up dated correctly if you move. that doesn't mean it didn't update, just that you cant see to prove it.

I purchased one directly from the Apple Store and had it configured by an AT&T store. AT&T told me then can’t sell them and to buy direct from Apple. I had no difficulty following the advise.

Went to Best Buy to get an iPad Mini 4 128GB Cellular and was told they are no longer available. Only options in cellular are 32 or 64GB from cellular company at $600. Would they be good for a MPP? Can WiFi version be okay even without GPS. I think only changing RTH on the fly and Follow Me will not work with WiFi model. What other tablets are people using? I would consider something other than an iPad Mini 4.
BB is telling you a bunch of sh.. Check out the apple site or an apple store. they are available. I bought a refurbished WiFI mini 4 from apple site. worked great until it locked up, apple replaced it with a new one last month cause it was still under a one year warranty. the WiFi version does not have gps, so no follow me, but works for everything else. Mini 4 will fit into the RC jaws, so don't need special bracket. There are post of many other types of tablets here, just do a search. some seem to have problems, you usually don't hear about the ones that are working ok, since people usually only post what they are having a problem.

I got mine from Verizon for a sizeable discount if I'd agree to keep it on contract for 2 years at $10/month which I do anyway for the convenience of it. They currently list the 128 GB Mini 4 for $380 if you pay for it up front, which I did. My price was lower as I caught it at an even better price. Oh, they also took an iPad 3 I had as part of the deal which lowered the price some more. Yeah, I could have gotten more for the 3 had I sold it myself, but this was too easy so I did it that way.

Reactions: radman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127