DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Gotta go to NZ next week for work so won’t get to retest range for a while but hope it gets better

Ok! lets get this party started! Ready for your entrees. Please pass it along.
Lets see who can push this MA to it's max?:cool:

Ok Pilots,
Been seeing some decent range from the Mavic Air.
Get your place on the leaderboard by posting your best results.

Reactions: dirkclod
Here is mine got to 3560m before I turned around...no signal issues pretty sure I can push it out to 5k meters. I will try some more tests tomorrow now that I got another battery.

Reactions: DroneZig
Are you guys flying in auto wifi mode? Or manually selecting the band? Do i need to restart aircraft/rc once i switch bands? It gives me a restart kind of prompt

@Long Ranger Can u post me up on board? Just got this today in 2.4ghz.... I will say 5.8 gigahertz is just as good but I did better in 2.4 today pretty consistent results to here is one of my better flights in a very urban area lots of WiFi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180210-111522.jpg
    Screenshot_20180210-111522.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
Oh yeah this is all while staying at 400ft and not going any higher.... :) I see the other guys have done that here too.... good job guys .... another thing to note is I made it back with 40% crazy! I should have went out farther

Last edited:
Here is the video I took while doing this run

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Screenshot_20180210-102746.png

Hair under 4000m (I've got the record atm I think). This was bone stock. Went further yesterday with windsurfers (forgot them on this run). I'll do it again with the widsurfers, and push it all the way to 15% battery. I'm pretty sure I can get 3 miles (~16,000ft, 4900m) without a sweat.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
View attachment 31056

Hair under 4000m (I've got the record atm I think). This was bone stock. Went further yesterday with windsurfers (for them on this run). I'll do it again with the widsurfers, and push it all the way to 15% battery. I'm pretty sure I can get 3 miles (~16,000ft, 4900m) without a sweat.
**** nice! U should get it out over the water...it was a little harder for me but i will try again at some point.. .i know I still had a ton of battery left when I came back I think I'm going to pick up a pair of windsurfers. any particular brand that you like? Just want to note also I think this has definitely a better signal than the spark ....enhanced WiFi it is;):)

Thanks @Mike4884 ! As far as windsurfers go, no particular brand. Most of them are pretty much the same. Just make sure you get a clamshell pair, not separate loose reflectors for each antenna.

I'm going out again later today and see if I can get to 3 miles out with the windsurfers.

Ok dwallersv, you are at the top of the board! Nice Job!Thumbswayup

Reactions: dbj702
Thanks @Mike4884 ! As far as windsurfers go, no particular brand. Most of them are pretty much the same. Just make sure you get a clamshell pair, not separate loose reflectors for each antenna.

I'm going out again later today and see if I can get to 3 miles out with the windsurfers.
Let us know how it go's! Good Luck!:)

IMG_5136.PNG
Here is my latest attempt. Got to 3780m, but conditions were less than ideal. It was super foggy and drizzling out with 10mph headwind...surprised reception was able to cut through all that fog. Signal was still fine and could have gone further but the lady that tells me to return to home still scares me. Had 30% bat on landing, so figure 5km is easily doable.

On another note, hit 46.6 mph on the way back in sports mode with the tail wind which was pretty cool :D

Reactions: S4NUP
Ok!!? Pilots with the love for range, and you know who you are.:rolleyes:?
What are your best so far with The Mavic Air?
Get on the leader board so that we officially know what the average or best range really is.
Many want to know!:cool:

I have to say i average between 10 and 11,000 feet ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus