DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

No, apas was on in my case but it should not be triggered until there is an actual obstacle in the way. Also in my case the air completely froze at its location. Not even a 2mph movement in any direction.

I want to share the flight logs for others to add their opinion. How can we do that?
DJI Flight Log Viewer

Edit i see keule got u covered

Reactions: zackdbassist
@Long Ranger my flight log and screenshots are on there. 3998meters by flight log

That was really close to 4K!
I know kicking myself in the butt....still had juice left. Better safe then sorry tho!

It should be a ".txt" go to your device folders go in "dji" then "dji go4" then "flight records".....u should be all the way at bottom for most recent flight ...for reference mine was 1.57mb

Edit...this is for the "dji flight log viewer" not airdata

It should be a ".txt" go to your device folders go in "dji" then "dji go4" then "flight records".....u should be all the way at bottom for most recent flight ...for reference mine was 1.57mb

Edit...this is for the "dji flight log viewer" not airdata
Are you talking android here? I am an iOS user. Give me like 5 mins. Trying to learn how to fetch the flight data from an iOS device.

Trying to learn how to fetch the flight data from an iOS device.
Use iTunes on your PC/Mac. Look for file sharing, goto GO4 and select folder which contains a lot *.txt files

EDIT: folder is: DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord

Are you talking android here? I am an iOS user. Give me like 5 mins. Trying to learn how to fetch the flight data from an iOS device.
Yes sir. Sorry ....keule is your man then see post above

Reactions: zackdbassist
@zackdbassist I can imagine your limited range is caused by interference originating from the houses below respectively their WiFi Internet routers.
As i saw in your flight log, you were flying at around 4:15 p.m.? Any chance that the low sun fooled the vision sensors indicating an obstacle, but of course there was none ...

Reactions: Drizz
So pretty much we know 4000 meters can be broken and still have some juice in the tank with stock battery. Thats impressive because i had 23% left and had a 2mph wind ....i think one could do 4500 meters...and just make it back.....

Edit: also zacdbassist try custom channel when u go out for distance again i did my best one in 5.8. Just go to wifi in go 4 then pick 2.4 or 5.8 and pick a interference free channel ex mine was 153 (lowest bar). That will vary depending on your area and interference

Last edited:
@zackdbassist I can imagine your limited range is caused by interference originating from the houses below respectively their WiFi Internet routers.
As i saw in your flight log, you were flying at around 4:15 p.m.? Any chance that the low sun fooled the vision sensors indicating an obstacle, but of course there was none ...
It was an overcast day. There was no hint of any sun. Can it be a possibility that apas is smart enough to sense when the air is going to get disconnected and not allow it to go any further?
Because when I check the flight record on the go4 app, it clearly changes the status from sport to apas for whatever time I was stuck and then go home when I pressed rth.

If it is by design then at least the reversing stick input should work. For a few seconds I thought I am gonna lose my drone.

Thanks for the input @Keule and @Mike4884

@Long Ranger let me know when u update stats. Suggestion u should edit op and let everyone know they should show flight log also when posting distances

So pretty much we know 4000 meters can be broken and still have some juice in the tank with stock battery. Thats impressive because i had 23% left and had a 2mph wind ....i think one could do 4500 meters...and just make it back.....

Edit: also zacdbassist try custom channel when u go out for distance again i did my best one in 5.8. Just go to wifi in go 4 then pick 2.4 or 5.8 and pick a interference free channel ex mine was 153 (lowest bar). That will vary depending on your area and interference

Hey everyone! new here and have been reading a bunch, and this is my first comment! Loving my air!

This guy got 3 miles(4800 meters!). He landed with 0% so way lucky!

Nice video^^^^

Last edited:
@Long Ranger this is my latest attempt went out into the wind doing around 30kph in gps mode but the closer i got to the water the wind got stronger and slowed me to 22kph. Took battery to 53% landed with 9% was looking good for 4300 to 4500 at the start.Stock everythingIMG_1045.PNG IMG_1046.PNG

Wow great job beat me by like 9 feet lol. Nice to see 4000 meters broken!....plz put up flight log also with dji drone log viewer a page or two back is where u can find it

Last edited:
Airdata file says private ozzie...try using dji flight log viewer it shows more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98