DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Nice i see it now congrats u actually got 13,170 ft!

Nice i see it now congrats u actually got 13,170 ft!
It’s not a bad little drone hey? Iv yet to try 5.8 as the spark was better on it. Yeh the wind stuffed me there’s probably another 6-700 Mtrs if you really pushed it

It’s not a bad little drone hey? Iv yet to try 5.8 as the spark was better on it. Yeh the wind stuffed me there’s probably another 6-700 Mtrs if you really pushed it
None the less awesome flight! If you are fcc 5.8 is worth it dbm is like 2.4ghz otherwise ce no good its like half of 2.4

None the less awesome flight! If you are fcc 5.8 is worth it dbm is like 2.4ghz otherwise ce no good its like half of 2.4
I’m in Australia so we run fcc,yes I found that 5.8 even though you loose bars it seems to hang on better than 2.4? Soon as we get some calm weather I will try it

Congrats @Ozziebattler on breaking the 4000M mark! Nice Job!Thumbswayup
List Updated.

I’m in Australia so we run fcc,yes I found that 5.8 even though you loose bars it seems to hang on better than 2.4? Soon as we get some calm weather I will try it
Yes so fcc 5.8 is 31 dbm and 2.4 is 28 dbm..... 5.8 is quite capable I got my best distance on my Phantom 4 Pro with 5.8

Reactions: Ozziebattler
Ok! Who is next on the leaderboard? The number 7 slot is open for grabs!
Anyone?
Come on people, fly that thing! Let’s see what the MA can do!
I am waiting for the first modifications to extend the 4000M Range.:cool:

Ok! Who is next on the leaderboard? The number 7 slot is open for grabs!
Anyone?
Come on people, fly that thing! Let’s see what the MA can do!
I am waiting for the first modifications to extend the 4000M Range.:cool:
Just waiting for some decent weather and I will give 5.8 a crack,won’t be satisfied till I lose the bloody thing or give myself a heart attack lol

Just waiting for some decent weather and I will give 5.8 a crack,won’t be satisfied till I lose the bloody thing or give myself a heart attack lol
Well you are the king right now and need to mod your bird for even better. What are your thoughts?
Can you get a few more meters out of the MA? Or do you think the 4000M is the average? I would expect at least another 500 meters later this month.
Either way, good job! Would like to see the video of your flight.
Never been to your neck of the woods!:)

Well you are the king right now and need to mod your bird for even better. What are your thoughts?
Can you get a few more meters out of the MA? Or do you think the 4000M is the average? I would expect at least another 500 meters later this month.
Either way, good job! Would like to see the video of your flight.
Never been to your neck of the woods!:)
I think there are a couple flights up around 16000ft but you will have to push the 0%battery to get it. I didn’t film any of it sorry next time.Not going to do any mods I have a modded P3P for distance but hardly ever fly it

I think there are a couple flights up around 16000ft but you will have to push the 0%battery to get it. I didn’t film any of it sorry next time.Not going to do any mods I have a modded P3P for distance but hardly ever fly it
I fly all my birds regularly! Heck, as long as there is a battery worth flying, I’m in doing it again. Now for max range with mods? Still waiting.:cool:

Mavic air is def capable infinite t digital got over 16000 on his yt video and made it back with like 3 or 4 % i think if he would have held right stick forward in combination with rth to achieve 29mph instead of 18 mph he could have came back around 11 % in my calculations. His was unmodded. Totally stock. ....and yea it was over water (i think those are easy tests of course any drone will do good without interference) still impressive. I like when people do Urban range test and can get out far not over water or desert....to easy good results expected....So anyway idk if u really need to mod the air. Maybe wind surfers? But arent they a pain to use ? Like have to be perfectly aimed ....idk tried them on p4 and killed signal on way back ....like nada... I think if I'm going to mod the air's remote it would probably be with a legit booster from Maxx UAV or something

Stock, forgot the windsurfers again, lost signal at the endpoint so couldn't go farther. Try again today with the windsurfers. 3995m this go-around.
Screenshot_20180216-171848.png

Reactions: Forgeahead
Stock, forgot the windsurfers again, lost signal at the endpoint so couldn't go farther. Try again today with the windsurfers. 3995m this go-around.
View attachment 31574
Great attempt! I would think being on the beach would have given you just a bit more. I look forward to seeing your results from the surfers.
List updated.

When flying long distances what's better for battery life, Sport Mode or P-mode? I've always gone with a get out and get back fast strategy and use Sport Mode but I read a Youtube comment where someone suggests P-Mode with Obstacle Avoidance off is close to as fast as Sport Mode but less aggressive on the battery.

When flying long distances what's better for battery life, Sport Mode or P-mode? I've always gone with a get out and get back fast strategy and use Sport Mode but I read a Youtube comment where someone suggests P-Mode with Obstacle Avoidance off is close to as fast as Sport Mode but less aggressive on the battery.
Hey Splats,
If you are going for range, it’s a mixed batch of both. The flight log links from the list and thread will give you more info.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr.Dair
I might try the 4Hawks SR or Titan Cyclone. I’m not sure which one because I’m just looking for 4km steady signal but the Titan Cyclone is so big.

Reactions: McFly1
Finally got a break in weather to do another attempt. Got up to 4.3km with a tail wind going out this time. Landed with 30% again so definitely not battery limited yet. Could have probably gone a bit further on 2.4 ghz but was losing signal too much and didn’t want to risk it.

Tried a 5.8 run but got too dark and couldn’t see the mountains.

@Drone Master

Reactions: galfridus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme