DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Ok Pilots, please keep in mind the requirements needed to be on the board.
Snap shots of your flight and a flight log link are proof requirements. Videos are ok and are welcome, but not a requirement.
Thanks.:cool:

Dustin dunnill is pretty well known im sure his range test is legit but yes to keep things fair we all have to post a flight log up ....takes a minute! Its only fair to the community

Great flight Dustin it’s a great little bird. When it goes into auto land on low power you can keep it in the air with the left stick. So you have really raised the bar now lol

Not quite a record but I'm working my way up to it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180219-140830.jpg
    Screenshot_20180219-140830.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 46
Ehh to be fair to EVERYONE i mean since i started having to do it and a few other guys. Post your flight log from phantom log viewer or airdata....not just a screen shot. Like in post #106? Drone master i mean u did say to me to put up a flight log also when i just put up a screenshot last week like in post # 106. If rules are going to change keep them consistent and fair.... anyways if you are just going by screenshots again I think Dustin's flight counts as its on video

New record? 15,110 ft

I saw this on YouTube last night (Dustin makes great videos and is very entertaining) but thought the title was rather misleading. It didn't fly out 6 miles. 6 miles there and back, maybe, but that's not really the point of range tests. Still worth a watch though ;-)

I saw this on YouTube last night (Dustin makes great videos and is very entertaining) but thought the title was rather misleading. It didn't fly out 6 miles. 6 miles there and back, maybe, but that's not really the point of range tests. Still worth a watch though ;-)

I agree. I watched this last night and "rather misleading" is an understatement. Three miles out and three miles back is not a six mile range. I liked the video and it is farther than I would ever go, but the title is almost click bait.

Might want to ask #1 guy on leaderboard for flight log via phantom log viewer or airdata and post it publicly (nothing against him)....since everyone else had to show extra proof.(including me). @Long Ranger
I mean how is that fair. U put him up without hesitation! He just gets to show you a screenshot and you put him right up .....I think I'm done participating in this thread. Certain peeps follow rules while others dont have too.... to the rest of the guys have fun!

New record? 15,110 ft

I really like Dustin, he's really done some great videos. 15,110 is quite a feat, almost 3 miles. And I think he could've gone further, there was no interference the whole trip, only his battery level stopped him.

I agree. I watched this last night and "rather misleading" is an understatement. Three miles out and three miles back is not a six mile range. I liked the video and it is farther than I would ever go, but the title is almost click bait.
Agreed, BUT, everyone knows this drone can't go 6 miles, even the Pro can't do that. I realized it was (almost) 3 miles out and (almost) 3 miles back the minute I read the title. Pretty impressive considering it's only supposed to get 4km (almost 2.5 miles).

Might want to ask #1 guy on leaderboard for flight log via phantom log viewer or airdata and post it publicly (nothing against him)....since everyone else had to show extra proof.(including me). @Long Ranger
I mean how is that fair. U put him up without hesitation! He just gets to show you a screenshot and you put him right up .....I think I'm done participating in this thread. Certain peeps follow rules while others dont have too.... to the rest of the guys have fun!

Umm scroll up...posted a full video capture of the dji app. He actually didn’t add me to the list at first because the bare minimum is a screenshot of the flight log, which I posted after and he added me.

Not sure what you think is not fair, screenshot of flightlog + a full video of the attempt I think is more than enough proof.

Umm scroll up...posted a full video capture of the dji app. He actually didn’t add me to the list at first because the bare minimum is a screenshot of the flight log, which I posted after and he added me.

Not sure what you think is not fair, screenshot of flightlog + a full video of the attempt I think is more than enough proof.
I agree! I told him same thing!!! He told me he wanted actual flight log not a screenshot or video ....... from phantom log viewer via .txt or airdata... scroll a few pages back and you will see this I said the same thing to him but he did say that. I mean a few of the guys have provided actual flight logs so I'm just saying to keep it fair.....???

Last edited:

Flight log....do u know what flight log is??? Not screen shot or video. U have to upload ypur particular flight to phantom log viewer or airdata.... it tells more than just a screenshot or video. Dude I'm on your side and I agree it should have been more than enough proof ...(posted a screen shot just like u) but ever since he said that it's has to be fair and everyone should have to do it from that point forward why should just a few guys have to do it? and a few don't?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180220-193555_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180220-193555_Samsung Internet.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Also if thats the case! And video and screenshot count all of the sudden...dustin dunnill should qualify and he has #1 spot not you!

@Long Ranger u have to pick a rule and stick with it. Honestly U guys need someone better to run this thread day after 3 days he changes rules ..then all of a sudden just video proof or screenshot is back to being ok. Now dustin has his on video but he is not #1? . Im out i have records in other places not staying in this half baked comp....have fun to the few guys ive made friends with ;)

Edit. Yea i thought soo. And ya know im right. The whole point is I was trying to keep it fair it should be fair when doing distance runs that's the way we do it in the other forums atleast....this right here is a joke. Honestly you could take me off the board I'm kind of ashamed to be on it!

Last edited:
Also if thats the case! And video and screenshot count all of the sudden...dustin dunnill should qualify and he has #1 spot not you!

@Drone Master u have to pick a rule and stick with it. Honestly U guys need someone better to run this thread day after 3 days he changes rules ..then all of a sudden just video proof or screenshot is back to being ok. Now dustin has his on video but he is not #1? . Im out i have records in other places not staying in this half baked comp....have fun to the few guys ive made friends with ;)

Edit. Yea i thought soo. And ya know im right. The whole point is I was trying to keep it fair it should be fair when doing distance runs that's the way we do it in the other forums atleast....this right here is a joke. Honestly you could take me off the board I'm kind of ashamed to be on it!
Mike,
I am sorry that you feel that way.
When the thread was first started, there was no flight log requirement.
When you first made the board, you were not asked for a flight log then.
After a few members applied for position, I then thought it best to then add the requirement.
When you entered your new flight range, that was when you were asked about your flight log.
Since issues are about being fair, I have officially removed the flight log requirement.
This will help speed up the process of members posting for position.
Just for the record, I left Dustin a PM requesting his flight log, however he never responded. It is also interesting that the video he posted was his first post.
Is it even really him?
Either way, my apologies to you for trying to make changes for a more accurate board.
I don’t want to remove you as you have earned your position.
Sometimes change is good, then sometimes not.
The board rules are back to what they were originally when posted.
No more unfairness and no more changes. :)

Reactions: Verizondrone28
Mike,
After a few members applied for position, I then thought it best to then add the requirement.
When you entered your new flight range, that was when you were asked about your flight log.
Since issues are about being fair, I have officially removed the flight log requirement.
Just for the record, I left Dustin a PM requesting his flight log, however he never responded. It is also interesting that the video he posted was his first post.
Is it even really him?
Either way, my apologies to you for trying to make changes for a more accurate board.
I have no problem with the way u want to run it. It just wasnt fair that some of us had to actually post .txt logs and some didnt. Just wanted to keep things fair thats all. And yes its dustin himself ....he probably posted once because one of our forum members told him to post his range over here in his yt comments. So maybe he joined so he could post his distance run? Have a good night drone master. No hard feelings.... good luck to the rest of u guys .

This is really me Dustin..lol. I guess that is a good reason to post a flight log. To verify it is the account holder. I have never posted here before because I did not know about this thread. A subscriber of mine recommended I post the flight here. I'm just very busy and hadn't check back here. I just had joined to post in this thread per my viewers recommendation. I'll try to figure out how to extract and post the log if it is completely necessary but looks like the requirement may have been removed? Trying to stay positive...lol
-Dustin
Mike,
Is it even really him?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78