DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

I did this flight today.
b82b28bc131f467ed4c3b581584dd4f0.jpg

It was extremely cold. It was extremely windy and turbulent at the far end of the lake. A few times I thought I was going to loose the drone but it managed to make it all the way home! I’ll be uploading a video of this flight and comparing to my Mavic Pro. It was 5f (-15c) for the flight.

How did you make it that far only using 31% of your battery?

Wont make it on the Leader Board but here is my longest flight. No mods and started in a open field but then into trees. image2 (2).png image1 (1).png

Ok guys, got your entry’s!
Analyzing and will update the board shortly.:D

So did some flights out in the city to check how bad range would be in the most congested area of the country, and some how ended up beating my record out here haha.

I don’t think anyone can doubt the air’s range in terms of its transmission tech at this point...it’s just as good as the pro’s, and could probably easily hit 6-7k if it was not battery limited.

If I knew I was so close to 5k I would have gone a bit more, but I was over water and didn’t want to risk issues with going under bridge. Got back with 15% battery.

Conditions were not that ideal, about a 5-10mph headwind. Definitely some more can be squeezed out of it on stock step-up.

(FYI before citizen police pounce on me, I flew out of one of the 3 designated drone fly zones in nyc).

https://flic.kr/p/23hoMfz I’ll post vid up later.

@Drone Master
Hope to see your vid!:)

Board updated! Very impressive so far.
And so many were concerned about range with the MA in the beginning!
The MA has it's place for what it was designed for.
Now for the mods to start. Will we see 7000M?
Waiting.:cool:

That’s good stuff! Why not comment in their video to join Mavic Pilots?
Then they may have a chance of making rank on the board.:cool:

Reactions: Mcreezy
Board updated! Very impressive so far.
And so many were concerned about range with the MA in the beginning!
The MA has it's place for what it was designed for.
Now for the mods to start. Will we see 7000M?
Waiting.:cool:

Only mod that would help is a battery mod. I think Mavic Air's transmission range is good for 6K+ but your limited by battery at that point.

Only mod that would help is a battery mod. I think Mavic Air's transmission range is good for 6K+ but your limited by battery at that point.
Agreed, battery added mod would be the difference along with controller mod.
Well, I guess 5000M is finally the MA’s best average stock or will be!
What do you pilots think?

Agreed, battery added mod would be the difference along with controller mod.
Well, I guess 5000M is finally the MA’s best average stock or will be!
What do you pilots think?
I think that that is amazing for the size and that people that were afraid of the WIFI transmission should not be considering the range of both 2.4 and 5.8.

Your next Mavic Air videos should be 5.8g urban test as well as parabolic a tests. I think you could also get into the battery and heavier duty antenna mods.
Noted. Thanks for the recommendation ;)Thumbswayup

@Long Ranger
Hi there, someone recommended me to post this here, well here it is...:

Attachments

• IMG_1766.PNG
    IMG_1766.PNG
    5.4 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1767.PNG
    IMG_1767.PNG
    5.4 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: TroutboyNZ
@Long Ranger
Hi there, someone recommended me to post this here, well here it is...:
Welcome to the Leaderboard and the Mavic Pilots Forum JB!
Very impressive flight! It will be hard to beat that with out further modding.
Good Job!;)

Welcome to the Leaderboard and the Mavic Pilots Forum JB!
Very impressive flight! It will be hard to beat that with out further modding.
Good Job!;)

Hi, Thanks !! Yeah, without modded batteries i think that maybe a few hundred meters could be achieved but not much more than that...
Also: I see in the leaderboard that you separate "Flight without mods" from "Flights with mods" and to be honnest here the 5516 m flight was actually with a thirdparty antenna (4Hawks Raptor SR), but i have also one other flight, 5300+ meters, that was with stock antennas. Not that i think that the max distance is really affected by the antennas/signal, but is 100% a matter of usage of battery.
Cheers !!

How did you make it that far only using 31% of your battery?

I have no idea lol. I just took off and flew at about 75% power...

Hi, Thanks !! Yeah, without modded batteries i think that maybe a few hundred meters could be achieved but not much more than that...
Also: I see in the leaderboard that you separate "Flight without mods" from "Flights with mods" and to be honnest here the 5516 m flight was actually with a thirdparty antenna (4Hawks Raptor SR), but i have also one other flight, 5300+ meters, that was with stock antennas. Not that i think that the max distance is really affected by the antennas/signal, but is 100% a matter of usage of battery.
Cheers !!
How do you like the raptor sr? I have been thinking about getting it for my air.

Cheers !!
Thank you JB for the correction, The board has been updated. Although your video for the lessor flight is on this thread, you will have to officially post it with your snapshots. Thanks:cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss Blue