DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Link your range tests ASA they are posted, I’m highly interested in what you get. Also, what batteries are you running?

Im waiting for the module to arrive, probably early next week.
Sofar im just testing how the Air is handling the weight, will test that a bit more during the weekend.

Im waiting for the module to arrive, probably early next week.
Sofar im just testing how the Air is handling the weight, will test that a bit more during the weekend.
Ok cool, I’m wondering how much lift this thing can handle, since it’s like half the size of the pro.

Ok cool, I’m wondering how much lift this thing can handle, since it’s like half the size of the pro.

Yeah, exactly what im curious about also. Sofar ive just tested to hover a couple of minutes with 2x1300 mah @ 200 ge, seems to be alright. I know some spark guys have used 100gr without problems so 200-300 gr would probably work on the Air..

Yeah, exactly what im curious about also. Sofar ive just tested to hover a couple of minutes with 2x1300 mah @ 200 ge, seems to be alright. I know some spark guys have used 100gr without problems so 200-300 gr would probably work on the Air..
So, what size batteries do you think it can handle? 2000mah or even higher?

To early to say, after this weekend i will know more.
Let us know! I am so waiting for the first battery mod to make the board!:)

Reactions: cwil193
You could test those and ill test this
Multistar LiHV High Capacity 4000mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
It's 1 battery, 4000mah LiHV (GET THE LiHV), and only weighs 265 grams, which is only 35 grams more than 2 1400mah.
And if we find it can handle MORE than 300 grams, then that opens up a TON of opportunities, like this 318 gram 5200mah
Multistar LiHV High Capacity 5200mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
The single batteries that have the same capacity as the 2 smaller ones normally weigh less, so ill try the 4000mah one first strapped to the bottom.

When you guys sort out what’s best, please post pics of your mod!
I want to see how it is done as well as other members and break records with Battery range. Is 7000M what you expect? Ha, yes it is and more.:D

I want to see how it is done as well as other members and break records with Battery range. Is 7000M what you expect? Ha, yes it is and more.:D
I might try the infamous ProTek 3600mah ones, seems they work well on the MP and are very small, like I could fit 2 underneath the MA, but I'm not sure it can hold 442grams.

You could test those and ill test this
Multistar LiHV High Capacity 4000mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
It's 1 battery, 4000mah LiHV (GET THE LiHV), and only weighs 265 grams, which is only 35 grams more than 2 1400mah.

Yeah, thats the other configuration im looking at.
I've been doing some quite realistic tests now, attaching the weight while flying with stock batteries (still waiting for the actual mod module).
What i get is that you loose about 23-25% flight time, with 200 gr attached, and flying at 45-50 kph.
So i guess 265 gr would work just fine and would probably be an even more optimal relation weight/mah.
I think 8,5-9,5 km is definitely in reach, beyond that is puerly speculations especially since the signal is coming back into play when entering the 7-9k area....

I would be severely disappointed if i only reach 7000m....;);)

Yeah, thats the other configuration im looking at.
I've been doing some quite realistic tests now, attaching the weight while flying with stock batteries (still waiting for the actual mod module).
What i get is that you loose about 23-25% flight time, with 200 gr attached, and flying at 45-50 kph.
So i guess 265 gr would work just fine and would probably be an even more optimal relation weight/mah.
I think 8,5-9,5 km is definitely in reach, beyond that is puerly speculations especially since the signal is coming back into play when entering the 7-9k area....
My current idea is running a 4w amped Rexuav antenna setup, proven to work out to 59,000ft on 2.4ghz with worse amps, and 2 ProTek 3600mah batteries @442 g

My current idea is running a 4w amped Rexuav antenna setup, proven to work out to 59,000ft on 2.4ghz with worse amps, and 2 ProTek 3600mah batteries @442 g

Yeah that sound like a set up that, matematicaly based on my tests, could take you to 11-12k....cant wait to get the real testing underway....

Yeah that sound like a set up that, matematicaly based on my tests, could take you to 11-12k....cant wait to get the real testing underway....
Hey I’m your tests it seems that your MA doesn’t try to land on you at 10%? How did you turn that off, or how do you fight it because on my 5200m run it forced me into landing when I hit 10%.

Hey I’m your tests it seems that your MA doesn’t try to land on you at 10%? How did you turn that off, or how do you fight it because on my 5200m run it forced me into landing when I hit 10%.

Yeah, i eventually got rid of the autolanding, have tried before with the Air but not succeded, but a couple of weeks ago i got that mod to "stick". I simply did what i have done with other DJI drones in the past: Select "Non-DJI battery" in the "Flight settings" in the DJI Assistant (debug mode). However, doing this seems to not give the wanted effect every time you do it, but i have now finally got it to take effect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78