DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Thanks, I found Dustins YT videos but don't know who JB is? Other then what I've seen him post on here. Does he have YT videos? Under what name?
This is his channel.
Jon BJ

Thanks, I found Dustins YT videos but don't know who JB is? Other then what I've seen him post on here. Does he have YT videos? Under what name?

Hi, yeah i have been testing this quite alot, and my conclusion is that 47 kph (metric) or there about is an optimal speed, and that happens to be also what you get in RTH with full trottle. For some reason that also seems to be more efficient then going manual in the same speed, i guess its because you can not hold an as steady consistant pace manually.
Cheers!!

Reactions: AMRE2ME2
Ok pilots, I have updated the board to include extra positions for the top 20 stock.
Please invite anyone to get on this leaderboard for Range from the MA whether it's from YT, FB or the net.
They must follow most of the requirements!;)
Thanks, DM..:cool:

With the Mavic Pro you can pick up some efficiency by slowing down the flight controllers pitch responses. Ideally you want constant relative airspeed instead of slowing down with a tailwind or speeding up into a headwind.

Ok pilots, I have updated the board to include extra positions for the top 20 stock.
Please invite anyone to get on this leaderboard for Range from the MA whether it's from YT, FB or the net.
They must follow most of the requirements!;)
Thanks, DM..:cool:

Can't wait to get up to the ranch and get on this board. I've got miles of open area to fly.

New record, 6120 meters (20078 feet).
Turning at 38% is not for the weak hearted...;);)... but still...so much to learn to get more out of this, expecting more when i figure out what the optimal external mah/weight should be..
Thanks to Keith and Graham for helping to understand how to handle the externals...

IMG_1882.PNG IMG_1881.PNG

Reactions: Drone Master
Congrats! That's a great run. I noticed the battery meter (the bar) was at 0% from the start. How does that happen? Also, I noticed you never got a RTH message. Did you turn that off some how? On your return run, did you use sport mode or RTH with right stick forward?

Reactions: JB999
New record, 6120 meters (20078 feet).
Turning at 38% is not for the weak hearted...;);)... but still...so much to learn to get more out of this, expecting more when i figure out what the optimal external mah/weight should be..
Thanks to Keith and Graham for helping to understand how to handle the externals...

View attachment 36204 View attachment 36205

Amazing run JB! It will be tough for anyone else to top that! Nice Job.:cool:
Board updated.

Amazing run JB! It will be tough for anyone else to top that! Nice Job.:cool:
Board updated.

Thanks! I used a battery mod on this run, but still have alot to test and experiment with to get the distance i expected.

Congrats! That's a great run. I noticed the battery meter (the bar) was at 0% from the start. How does that happen? Also, I noticed you never got a RTH message. Did you turn that off some how? On your return run, did you use sport mode or RTH with right stick forward?

Thanks!
I have disabled the "smart battery" features to avoid autolanding at 10%, another effect of that is that the battery bar is disabled.

I've also been wondering, could you get a bit more battery left if you didn't video your run?

Theoreticaly Yes, i never record other then with the tablet screen recorder when doing long range flights.

Thanks! I used a battery mod on this run, but still have alot to test and experiment with to get the distance i expected.
Hey JB, sure would like to see a pic of your mod set up if possible.
That should get the other members excited about modding theirs.:D

Hey JB, sure would like to see a pic of your mod set up if possible.
That should get the other members excited about modding theirs.:D

Sure, here are som pics of the battery mod. Not my pics, but this is the mod im using, with a singel 1300 mah on the posted flight.
30582171_1708900789197532_4642394420413464576_n.jpg 30652464_1708943072526637_359614124180635648_n.jpg 30581864_1708899319197679_2087150107794341888_n.jpg

So, if you use 2 batteries for the mod in particular, how much weight does it add to the MA? I know there is a trade off. Weight versus range, flight time.
Was just wondering what mah and size/weight is most efficient so far.

Thats what im trying to figure out, what ratio is most efficient. But its to windy at the moment, to really get any relevant results.
The 1300 is 102 gr.

I had another go this evening, 6396 meters, my app crashed and restarted on the way back so the flight record was split up in two parts and a small chunk from about 6000 to 5600 is unaccounted for in the log...
By the way, i got beaten today by a guy on this forum Log into Facebook | Facebook he turned at 6747 meters....
IMG_1884.PNG IMG_1885.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_1884.PNG
    IMG_1884.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 52
I had another go this evening, 6396 meters, my app crashed and restarted on the way back so the flight record was split up in two parts and a small chunk from about 6000 to 5600 is unaccounted for in the log...
By the way, i got beaten today by a guy on this forum Log into Facebook | Facebook he turned at 6747 meters....
View attachment 36242 View attachment 36243
That’s awesome and yeah, I know one of the admins of that FB group.
He did the 20+ mile run one way with a P3P across a Florida lake. Very cool!:D.
Board updated.

That’s awesome and yeah, I know one of the admins of that FB group.
He did the 20+ mile run one way with a P3P across a Florida lake. Very cool!:D.
Board updated.

Yeah, i've seen some of those flights over that lake, it seems to be the perfect spot for long ranging.

I think another perfect location would be one of the hundreds of dry lake beds in the Mojave desert. I used to make a dozen touch and gos on some of them years ago when I was practicing my landings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme