DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Sorry for spamming, but....a new record, 6818 meters...for the record: for this flight my P4P had to lend its 4Hawks/Raptor XR, i felt i needed the bigger panel to secure the signal...
file1.png file2.png

Last edited:
Wow, nice flight. Was this 1 or 2 batteries
Thanks ! Im still experimenting with 1x1300, so far that outperforms 2x1300 but i have not really had a good oppertunity to try either due to winds that have been shifting all over the place. The 6,8km flight was with winds from 4 to 11 m/s.

Reactions: AMRE2ME2
IMG_0086.JPGIMG_0088.JPG

Mods include: BGVANG parabolic boosters.

Weather was clear with 3mph winds in Las Vegas Nevada approximately 7pm.

Last edited:
Thank you! It was fun...harrowing, but fun.
On my second run, I went 5107 but landed a few hundred yards short. Wind had come up to 2-3 mph. And I think that battery isn't as good as my #1 battery.
I also still need to test which flight mode is better, normal, sport, or RTH stick forward.
If anyone knows why I'm not able to cache my maps so they show up on my log, I'd like a lesson. I thought I cached them but still not showing up. IPad mini4, WiFi, no cellular.

Reactions: JB999
Here’s a link to the Video.
Sorry about the quality, YouTube compresses it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB999
Excellent location you got there, not needing to climb is saving alot of power..[emoji106]
Exactly, that was my intention. Have one more idea to save a bit more power and will try it again. Don't think I'll ever match your best run. Trying to figure out how you did that, that's an impressive run.

Exactly, that was my intention. Have one more idea to save a bit more power and will try it again. Don't think I'll ever match your best run. Trying to figure out how you did that, that's an impressive run.

If you keep pushing, you will definitly make 6-7 km, you took off at 97 % and landed at 7, i say you had at least 1km more in that 4,6 km flight...

Tested a slightly bigger battery today, got a couple of 100 meters more on the initial test, think this one could potentially take me to 8,3km, perhaps tomorrow...
IMG_1903.PNG IMG_1904.PNG

Tested a slightly bigger battery today, got a couple of 100 meters more on the initial test, think this one could potentially take me to 8,3km, perhaps tomorrow...
View attachment 36674 View attachment 36675
That's amazing JB! Very soon you will be limited by the MA's transmission video and telemetry. Unless you decide to mod the antennas on the aircraft itself. I have heard of some guys experimenting with that concept. However not much feedback on it so far.
Board updated.:cool:

That's amazing JB! Very soon you will be limited by the MA's transmission video and telemetry. Unless you decide to mod the antennas on the aircraft itself. I have heard of some guys experimenting with that concept. However not much feedback on it so far.
Board updated.:cool:

Thanks ! Yeah i have no idea where the limit for the AC transmission is, but so far i have no real issues with the transmission not from the AC nor from the RC, the RC is not yet even boosted, i only run with a passive pannel. On this run i had som glitches but that was due to loss of clear LOS, had to go a route i normally do not go due to the wind direction...I think i can guess who the guys experimenting with AC transmission are, they probably reside in Florida...;)

Thanks ! Yeah i have no idea where the limit for the AC transmission is, but so far i have no real issues with the transmission not from the AC nor from the RC, the RC is not yet even boosted, i only run with a passive pannel. On this run i had som glitches but that was due to loss of clear LOS, had to go a route i normally do not go due to the wind direction...I think i can guess who the guys experimenting with AC transmission are, they probably reside in Florida...;)
Hey,,
Thanks for the updates. Just ordered my battery mod, and was wondering, which battery would you recommend to extend flight times. And where do i order them from?

Thanks

Hey,,
Thanks for the updates. Just ordered my battery mod, and was wondering, which battery would you recommend to extend flight times. And where do i order them from?

Thanks

Nice to here that you are going for a battery mod, which one did you go for?
When it comes to which external battery to use, that is the million dollar question...[emoji23] im currently experimenting to find out, but my longest flight so far was made with a 2200 mah at 200 gr.
Where to get them is to Google for a vendor, i bought mine in Sweden, where i live...what you are looking for is a 3S LiPo or LiHv with as much mah's as possible but at a weight at or below 200 gr.

And all thought that when the MA was released, range would be a issue?
Not!:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky