DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Nice to here that you are going for a battery mod, which one did you go for?
When it comes to which external battery to use, that is the million dollar question...[emoji23] im currently experimenting to find out, but my longest flight so far was made with a 2200 mah at 200 gr.
Where to get them is to Google for a vendor, i bought mine in Sweden, where i live...what you are looking for is a 3S LiPo or LiHv with as much mah's as possible but at a weight at or below 200 gr.
A Thunderpower 3s 3500HV is under 200g.

Nice to here that you are going for a battery mod, which one did you go for?
When it comes to which external battery to use, that is the million dollar question...[emoji23] im currently experimenting to find out, but my longest flight so far was made with a 2200 mah at 200 gr.
Where to get them is to Google for a vendor, i bought mine in Sweden, where i live...what you are looking for is a 3S LiPo or LiHv with as much mah's as possible but at a weight at or below 200 gr.

I went with the same one you posted. Amazing, I live in Kuwait, I'm sure that there are many hobby shops around that might carry such batteries. I'm totally new to this world, Can you help me as to what to look for when buying a new battery in terms of voltage and weight, connection type... etc?

Thank you

Last edited:
a protek 3600mah LiHv is 221gr and is highly known to be good at range

Any idea what those can get down to uncased with xt30 plug? A couple of my Thunderpower 4500s are 224/225g when lightened. If efficiency can be maintained with that weight, flight times should be incredible.

Any idea what those can get down to uncased with xt30 plug? A couple of my Thunderpower 4500s are 224/225g when lightened. If efficiency can be maintained with that weight, flight times should be incredible.
I think that pack could be exactly right and be what im looking for....are you sure about the weight though, they are advertised at c:a 245gr.
Thunder Power RC TP4500-3SHV

a protek 3600mah LiHv is 221gr and is highly known to be good at range
This Protek also sounds close to optimal if the grams are accurate, on the lower side of the 200s is where i want to keep it. I have been trying with 285 gram pack, 4000mah, and that would probalby work but it just "feels" to heavy,

8727 meters this morning, should and could have been 9km, but it started to rain so i turned a bit earlier then planned. May go for 9km this evening if the wind forcasts hold up...
By the way, all suggestions for brands of Li-Po's ranging between 3500 to 4000 mah with weight up to 225 grams is much appericated, i need to get hold of that because i think im closing in on max for these 2200 mah's packs im using right now..
Cheers guys !!

IMG_1909.PNG IMG_1910.PNG

Last edited:
Had one more go today, 9146 meters.
Little did i know that almost simultaneously (just minutes apart), Paul Shaffer posted a 17 meter longer run, so its just back at it again....;)
If your interested in following this "battle", EU vs US, join this FB group: Log into Facebook | Facebook
IMG_1911.PNG IMG_1912.PNG

Reactions: FEMit and lolo780
Had one more go today, 9146 meters.
Little did i know that almost simultaneously (just minutes apart), Paul Shaffer posted a 17 meter longer run, so its just back at it again....;)
If your interested in following this "battle", EU vs US, join this FB group: Log into Facebook | Facebook
View attachment 36838 View attachment 36839
Man, you guys are killing it with the range now! Definitely in the MP range. Very impressive! Keep it up! There will be a world record soon enough.
Just don’t loose your bird in the process.
Board updated!:cool:

Reactions: JB999
I went with the same one you posted. Amazing, I live in Kuwait, I'm sure that there are many hobby shops around that might carry such batteries. I'm totally new to this world, Can you help me as to what to look for when buying a new battery in terms of voltage and weight, connection type... etc?

Thank you

Right now im using a Lipo battery 2200mah (weight 209 gr) with a XT60 conector. The Lipo needs to be 3 cells (3s) and will charge to 4,20 volts per cell, for some reason such battery is labled "11,1 volts".
Cheers!!

I think that pack could be exactly right and be what im looking for....are you sure about the weight though, they are advertised at c:a 245gr.
Thunder Power RC TP4500-3SHV
Yes, mine started around 243g out of the box. I removed the shrink wrap and labels, changed the leads for shorter 16ga, changed balance lead to 4 pin without the resistor, and plug is xt30.
If you fly in cold weather, add a few grams of thin foam insulation to retain heat.

Ok, now it’s time for the competitors to make themselves known!
I have been reviewing several members. Please get on the board.
If you got the goods to share with modding, please post your comments.
If you are from other social media groups, Please become a member of Mavic Pilots and get on the board. I am looking for a record holder for this thread.
You guys know who you are!;)
Please invite all Long Rangers of the MA..Thumbswayup

Reactions: dirkclod
Man, you guys are killing it with the range now! Definitely in the MP range. Very impressive! Keep it up! There will be a world record soon enough.
Just don’t lose your bird in the process.
Board updated!:cool:

I've been over 10km out and back on a lightened MP, stock battery. Battery mod more than doubles that range, but of course the MP/MPP is limited to 17.9km range from the RC.

Anyways I wanted to share a trick I use on the DJI batteries which keeps them always on. A removable jumper from the cell pack + to battery connector terminals which bypasses the smart on/off switch. This will lower the resistive losses slightly and more importantly prevent the stock battery from shutting off or flipping into charge mode when coming back near empty with external packs.

With jumper out the battery charges as normal, and the mAh reading in the app works fine as the shunt is on the negative side. (at least on the MP)

xWo32cf.jpg

Reactions: JB999
9409 meters....
An early morning flight, a bit short on power towards the end, but made it back with a new record distance.
IMG_1914.JPGIMG_1915.JPG

Reactions: lolo780
I’m sure <200gr would be possible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito