DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Slow Clap to you, Sir. Amazing! Do you have the video anywhere?
Video proof is not required for the Leaderboard. However, @JB999 has proven his range time and time again with his videos and proof screenshots.
He is currently this threads world record holder for the Mavic Air in distance.

Video proof is not required for the Leaderboard. However, @JB999 has proven his range time and time again with his videos and proof screenshots.
He is currently this threads world record holder for the Mavic Air in distance.
I wasn't questioning his record, I've been following the thread and read the rules. Just wanted to see history.

I wasn't questioning his record, I've been following the thread and read the rules. Just wanted to see history.
I’m sure he will post it soon enough.:cool:
I personally have it, but he will have to post it.

Its not my pictures, but yes the module is installed the way shown, the third and fourth pin, both from left and right, are the ones where the mod is attached.
Just got my batteries today. Sadly they had the t-dean connector on, and the battery extender is a xt60… I guess I’ll fix them on the weekend just need to find someone here in Kuwait that has the xt60 connectors

OK, fellow members of the Leaderboard, Can anyone challenge JB999?
Probably not at this time. However, There are several slots open for the challenge.
Tell others to get on the board if they think they have a better distance and range for the MA.
We like competition!:D;):)

OK, fellow members of the Leaderboard, Can anyone challenge JB999?
Probably not at this time. However, There are several slots open for the challenge.
Tell others to get on the board if they think they have a better distance and range for the MA.
We like competition!:D;):)

Just got my batteries fixed with the right connector yesterday. I'll probably do a test today

How is the test done? Just go in one direction until you loose control or battery level is to low and then the MA return by itself?
I am afraid to loos it doing a range test. What is the risk involved doing this?

How is the test done? Just go in one direction until you loose control or battery level is to low and then the MA return by itself?
I am afraid to loos it doing a range test. What is the risk involved doing this?
Don't go for it on your first try, go in small steps instead and watch your battery level. Start with 1km and back, get a feel for wind and battery % per 1000m.

Wow, I wish I could achieve that distance.
My best is 2,500m although in an urban area and only owned it for 2 days so I've yet to fly it in the field.
Remember hi is using a modified drone. Several external battery and I guess he uses some to get antenna signal to get more in one direction and his is for sure in FCC and not CE mode.

10,071ft
3,069m
No mods, 7mph wind. Good line of sight and nothing blocking the signal.
@Long Ranger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180528-165715.png
    Screenshot_20180528-165715.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20180528-165731.png
    Screenshot_20180528-165731.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads