DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Yeah, thats the problem, looking for someone to help me with that, i will check with @BudWalker.
Thanks
Sorry guys. The MA .DAT appears to be encrypted and CsvView/DatCon can't read it. Normally, the tablet .DAT would tell you what you need to know but only if the the MA is connected to the Go App via the RC.

Did this today. Could have gone further considering my battery life but I didn’t want to push it too much today.
I’ll push the limits next time I go out, weather permitting.
@Long ranger

> Flew in P-Mode

> Had a sight headwind of around 5-7knots.

> Had a few magnetic interference warnings but overall the live view on phone was a tad twitchy.

> Zero mods

D6D099B5-D451-420E-8721-864B72D33815.png

@Long Ranger

Not a bad run today, stock RC and MA. Had one bar of signal for the last 1000m. No video loss or low signal warning. Even ignored the "RTH" due to battery. Pushed it from 3800m to 4060m. Think I need a battery mod

full

Last edited:
Thank you both @ChrisW81 and @NickSpender for posting on the leaderboard.
You both have been added. Good Job and keep trying to beat your current range so that you move up the list!;)
Board Updated!:cool:

Thanks, I plan on attempting a second go in the morning if weather allows me. Will try both modes depending on wind.
Thanks for the reply.

I gonna to go to the same spot again as it's been the best so far, and try it in sport mode from take off. Compare the results next to the flight I posted. I have a feeling in sports mode I won't reach the same distance. I maybe wrong. Let us know how you got on.

Last edited:
I gonna going to go to the same spot again as it's been the best so far, and try it in sport mode from take off. Compare the results next to the flight I posted. I have a feeling in sports mode I won't reach the same distance. I maybe wrong. Let us know how you got on.

Will do

I gonna to go to the same spot again as it's been the best so far, and try it in sport mode from take off. Compare the results next to the flight I posted. I have a feeling in sports mode I won't reach the same distance. I maybe wrong. Let us know how you got on.

So I made two flights today from the same location as yesterday. Here are my results.

Flight 1: 3000.1m; P-Mode; RTH kicked in due to loss of signal. 70% Batt remaining with 27% Batt upon landing.

Flight 2: 2667.9m; S-Mode; RTH kicked in due to loss of signal. 82% Batt remaining with 44% Batt upon landing.

Still getting mag interference warnings. Possibly a radio tower about half a mile from my drones location but not sure if that’s the cause.

Since my crash last Friday i have temporarily grounded my MA. I dont know what really caused the crash and i therefore dont trust it for longrange at the moment. I will be back with the MA, since I dont think i have yet reached the limit, but for now i will be focusing on getting my Spark out to 10 miles.
Cheers!!

Since my crash last Friday i have temporarily grounded my MA. I dont know what really caused the crash and i therefore dont trust it for longrange at the moment. I will be back with the MA, since I dont think i have yet reached the limit, but for now i will be focusing on getting my Spark out to 10 miles.
Cheers!!
What sort of ESC temps does the Air show when carrying an external battery pack? I saw a stock Air where the ESC board had a mini fire.

The screen recording from my 13,1km flight the other day.

Other than you Battery Mods, are you using any external antenna's or. just stock RC? I read through most of these posts and may have missed your mentioning of it.

Great run by the way!! Glad you got your MA back lol.

Its already in the thread. He uses modified antenna on the controller.

Waited a LONG time for winds to die down in my area, and finally got the prefect conditions. MA performed awesome once again, no degradation in signal even this far out. I even had a 5mph headwind on the way back and landed with ~5% so I think 6km is still doable on an all stock MA :D

@Long Ranger

Attachments

• IMG_5426.PNG
    IMG_5426.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5427.PNG
    IMG_5427.PNG
    4.7 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads