DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Waited a LONG time for winds to die down in my area, and finally got the prefect conditions. MA performed awesome once again, no degradation in signal even this far out. I even had a 5mph headwind on the way back and landed with ~5% so I think 6km is still doable on an all stock MA :D

@Long Ranger
Good job @jstefanop . You have officially made it to number 1 on the all stock leaderboard. Congrats!! ;)Thumbswayup

O
Well, us poor Eurpoeans are signally disadvantaged thanks to the CE signal restrictions.... yet managed this today... Into the wind and returning with the wind... 1800 metres out... which surprised me immensely...

Plenty of sources showing you how to use the Fake GPS app, or similar, to fool it into thinking it's in the US from a software perspective. Only needs doing the once then you just cancel out the "Different Region?" message that will pop up on startup in future. Well worth it.

Hello everyone flew a pretty good one today. Beating my own best. So today I got 4834, stock RC and MA

View media item 1944
screenshot_20180611-201421-jpg.39927

Reactions: ChrisW81
Waited a LONG time for winds to die down in my area, and finally got the perfect conditions. MA performed awesome once again, no degradation in signal even this far out. I even had a 5mph headwind on the way back and landed with ~5% so I think 6km is still doable on an all stock MA :D

@Long Ranger
Nice flight. Were you on 2.4 or 5.8?

@Long Ranger

Had a nice flight today. A personal best for me and like @NickSpender, was able to beat my previous distance. Stock RC & MA.

Note: yes the flight plan didn’t finish due to iPad Air2 shutting down from OverHeating. Freaked me out when it did while bird was halfway home.
Was able to disconnect iPad and connect iPhone7. MA was still on RTH path and landed successfully.
Landed with 8% battery. Whooooo_O

DA1E7320-D9DC-4229-8A82-30E4264C1AF9.png

H
@Long Ranger

Had a nice flight today. A personal best for me and like @NickSpender, was able to beat my previous distance. Stock RC & MA.

Note: yes the flight plan didn’t finish due to iPad Air2 shutting down from OverHeating. Freaked me out when it did while bird was halfway home.
Was able to disconnect iPad and connect iPhone7. MA was still on RTH path and landed successfully.
Landed with 8% battery. Whooooo_O

View attachment 40003
Haha looks like me and you are going head, lol question is who's gonna lose it first. I'm touching wood right now....the table variety btw

Reactions: ChrisW81
371E3EC6-424C-4EC5-9955-7FDA38B7F000.jpeg
@Long Ranger

Hello everyone flew a pretty good one today. Beating my own best. So today I got 4834, stock RC and MA

View media item 1944
screenshot_20180611-201421-jpg.39927
I am sad to say that this image or snapshot of your flight has been modified and therefor cannot be used to prove your flight range update on the board.
The dating is incorrect and there are other issues. Do you have any other screenshots or a flight log if any?

View attachment 40020
I am sad to say that this image or snapshot of your flight has been modified and therefor cannot be used to prove your flight range update on the board.
The dating is incorrect and there are other issues. Do you have any other screenshots or a flight log if any?
@Long Ranger

I simply removed the location that was all, the date is dd/mm/yyyy, I am currently in eurEur
View attachment 40020
@Long Ranger

I simply removed the location that was all, the date is dd/mm/yyyy, I am currently in Europe. The 11th of June 2018

@Long ranger

Here is a screen shot from the GO app. Sorry for removing the GPS location. Date wise, for me it's dd/mm/yyyy. So in my case the 11th of June 2018

full

What is wrong with the date? It is posted 11 juni 2018 7:25P (19:25)
Image shows 11/06/18.
What other stuff is wrong?

66AA1589-9455-4698-9CDA-5556C8940EF7.png @Drone Master

Wow hit another self record breaker. Not gonna lie i got scared as it was still 150meters at 0% battery. Must have a little backup reserve..... All stock MA and all stock RC

No need to now that you broke that record on post #644.
A nice jump to the top of the board! Congrats!;)
Thank you very much. I keep saying this but I think I’ve reach the max with my MA in stock mode. In the best best conditions I think hmmmm maybe 6000 meters is the absolute max. I’d love to see a 6000 meters range test and back on stock

Thank you very much. I keep saying this but I think I’ve reach the max with my MA in stock mode. In the best best conditions I think hmmmm maybe 6000 meters is the absolute max. I’d love to see a 6000 meters range test and back on stock
6000M is pushing it without using a battery mod. When these pilots get in the same range as yours, is because they have the perfect or close to perfect conditions. A lot of us pilots call it the Golden hour of flight. For starters, You should consider upgrading your controller with a antenna mod if you want to get more range on that perfect day. A battery modification to the MA will definitely get you further.:cool:

6000M is pushing it without using a battery mod. When these pilots get in the same range as yours, is because they have the perfect or close to perfect conditions. A lot of us pilots call it the Golden hour of flight. For starters, You should consider upgrading your controller with a antenna mod if you want to get more range on that perfect day. A battery modification to the MA will definitely get you further.:cool:

Today was good by the beach, the wind had past and it was still. So yes completely agree that was my golden hour. On the 11th I did exactly the same run, even sat in the same spot but only got 4834. So I completely agree with you. Weather conditions play a huge huge part in flying

I have an RC mod on order. Also looking at battery mods from UAVMODS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe