DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

View attachment 40124 @Long Ranger

Wow hit another self record breaker. Not gonna lie i got scared as it was still 150meters at 0% battery. Must have a little backup reserve..... All stock MA and all stock RC

Your crazy for for doing that kind of range test with just water in front of you. Last time I attempted a 5km+ stock test winds started blowing against the MA on the way back, and had to do an emergency 0% landing about 500 meters out. I have a large field 1km in front of me so I know exactly where it lands and can just walk out and get it. In your case you would have a 800 dollar drone on the bottom of the water :confused:

6000M is pushing it without using a battery mod. When these pilots get in the same range as yours, is because they have the perfect or close to perfect conditions. A lot of us pilots call it the Golden hour of flight. For starters, You should consider upgrading your controller with a antenna mod if you want to get more range on that perfect day. A battery modification to the MA will definitely get you further.:cool:

I can say that even at 6km, range is no issue for MA on stock antennas. Pretty sure the stock range is close to the Magic Pros, only limitation that far out is the battery.

Your crazy for for doing that kind of range test with just water in front of you. Last time I attempted a 5km+ stock test winds started blowing against the MA on the way back, and had to do an emergency 0% landing about 500 meters out. I have a large field 1km in front of me so I know exactly where it lands and can just walk out and get it. In your case you would have a 800 dollar drone on the bottom of the water :confused:

Crazy isnt the word.....dump comes to mind. But hey it's all fun. Your right with yours you can just walk 1km and pick it off the ground. But no not with my range test. The wind was good, the weather was good. I had a little wind coming towards me. Trust me though at 0% and it still not sat on the floor nexr to me. I was worried. I was in my swim shorts.....the trainer's came off. I was ready to drop the RC and swim for it. As long as I had it back that's all that matteted to me (DJI Refresh)

I can say that even at 6km, range is no issue for MA on stock antennas. Pretty sure the stock range is close to the Magic Pros, only limitation that far out is the battery.

I haven't flown a MP before. So I wouldn't know. I'm taking your word on the one. What's the MP stock leader board saying. I may have to check it out. Isn't a MP "2" due out maybe soon ish?

So Titan Drones Switch is in the mail. UAVMODS MA battery adapter, and 2 batteries are on there way to me. (2200 Mah 40c 3s and a 1400 Mah 40c 3s)

If all goes to plan I'll be adding some figures to the modded leaderboard. No where near @JB999 though

Are there any other pilots out there that like distance?? :rolleyes: Come on, post your best range from your MA!!!, please see original post # 1 and get on the leaderboard!
New Entries welcome always!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NickSpender
IMG_2676.JPG Waiting on the fix for the latest firmware. Don't have much confidence in this latest update to get back out there.
In the meantime, what's everybody's top speed? Maybe we need another category.

View attachment 40764 Waiting on the fix for the latest firmware. Don't have much confidence in this latest update to get back out there.
In the meantime, what's everybody's top speed? Maybe we need another category.

That is not a bad idea to have a speed board. My MA has been at 43.4mph so far. Need to spread it wings and fly with the wind and see how it can do.

Any members of the current range leaderboard here in favor of speed records?
I am more than happy to start one. The MA is a kick a$$ little drone in sport mode! Why not?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lolo780
Still waiting for new better range from the MA? I found a Sport leaderboard that is accepting entries for top MA speed!:D Check it out Here if you dare,,:rolleyes:

Are there anymore Long Rangers who want on the list?:) There are still positions left you know.:cool:

Are there anymore Long Rangers who want on the list?:) There are still positions left you know.:cool:
@Long Ranger

Well I didn't intend for this to be a range test with my stock MA as can be seen from my flight path/Sport Mode. Thought I was being sensible turning back at 62% battery and did have a mild heart attack as my MA wanted to land due to critical battery with 462m to go to HP[emoji21] Managed to bring it back to my roof balcony with 3% battery left[emoji26] Not sure I will be attempting to beat my distance anytime soon [emoji23]Screenshot_20180703-115723.jpeg

Reactions: Drone Master
@Long Ranger

Well I didn't intend for this to be a range test with my stock MA as can be seen from my flight path/Sport Mode. Thought I was being sensible turning back at 62% battery and did have a mild heart attack as my MA wanted to land due to critical battery with 462m to go to HP[emoji21] Managed to bring it back to my roof balcony with 3% battery left[emoji26] Not sure I will be attempting to beat my distance anytime soon [emoji23]View attachment 41259
..@Long Ranger....and RTH pointScreenshot_20180703-122409.jpeg

@Long Ranger

Well I didn't intend for this to be a range test with my stock MA as can be seen from my flight path/Sport Mode. Thought I was being sensible turning back at 62% battery and did have a mild heart attack as my MA wanted to land due to critical battery with 462m to go to HP[emoji21] Managed to bring it back to my roof balcony with 3% battery left[emoji26] Not sure I will be attempting to beat my distance anytime soon [emoji23]View attachment 41259
Nice job @Alford111 . You have placed 9th.;)

Reactions: Alford111

First attempt at a long range flight. Landed with a decent amount of battery left. Didn't fly in a straight line because...ocean. Can definitely push it farther but a decent effort :)

@Long Ranger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180710-215127.jpg
    Screenshot_20180710-215127.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Alford111
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members