DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

B3EE470D-E744-4505-8F08-83D7C84E49A6.png Made this flight while on vacation in Colorado. Was about 76 degrees, no wind, clear conditions. The cabin is fairly high in elevation at around 9000 feet. Could have gone farther but started getting some interference where I turned around. I didn’t want to chance my new little red Mavic. 6517.5 m round trip 17% battery left. 3443.6 one way then turned around and headed back

Last edited:
Made this flight while on vacation in Colorado. Was about 76 degrees, no wind, clear conditions. The cabin is fairly high in elevation at around 9000 feet. Could have gone farther but started getting some interference where I turned around. I didn’t want to chance my new little red Mavic. 6517.5 m round trip 17% battery left.
Nice flight, however please note the requirements on the first post of this thread. You must post your max distance from HP to furthest point. Screen Shots of round trips do not have the data needed to prove your max distance unless you have a link to your Airdata flight log. Please see how other members are posting in this thread to qualify.

3C5ACBF7-B44A-4E35-BD2F-BC04DA7B85FE.png
Nice flight, however please note the requirements on the first post of this thread. You must post your max distance from HP to furthest point. Full round trips do not have the data needed to prove your max distance. Please see how other members are posting in this thread to qualify.
Sorry about that reposted with the max distance to the turn around point 3443.6

View attachment 43154
Sorry about that reposted with the max distance to the turn around point 3443.6
Unfortunately, your max distance is 2898M. Flight distance on your screen shot is not your actual distance from home point. You did not qualify for the Top 20. Keep pushing that little bird further if you can. Good try!Thumbswayup

Unfortunately, your max distance is 2898M. Flight distance on your screen shot is not your actual distance from home point. You did not qualify for the Top 20. Keep pushing that little bird further if you can. Good try!Thumbswayup
Thanks for the info

All stock and near perfect environment. Desert landscape (valley), no trees and very little signal interference. Signal was strong all the way out.
@Long Ranger
Air Data Link

Last edited:
All stock and near perfect environment. Desert landscape (valley), no trees and very little signal interference. Signal was strong all the way out.
@Long Ranger
Hey mlash, your image from air data is not legible. It would be better to post a link from it instead. Thanks.

@Long Ranger here is my run. 7775m stock, landed with zero percent, no wind. Perfect flight for me minus almost not making it back. Flying from on top of a sand dune and landed on the beach water line in almost 5miles!
Screenshot_2018-08-05-00-31-41.png Screenshot_2018-08-05-00-34-48.png

@Long Ranger
I’m back and with a vengeance!

Desert landscape, flat & wind limited my flight speed on one direction to 13-14mph so I was lucky to land at 9% critical. If there was no wind I could have pushed farther but this was cutting my RTH speeds and knocked off an easy 1320+ feet from my flight distance

14,650 ft :eek:

Attachments

• 3B2EE745-2FB1-499B-8621-527643D0126E.png
    3B2EE745-2FB1-499B-8621-527643D0126E.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
  • D879D329-4EDD-413B-B52E-7327C696E290.jpeg
    D879D329-4EDD-413B-B52E-7327C696E290.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 29
  • D11F35CE-8F7B-45E1-A59F-4FF4ADDD8CCD.jpeg
    D11F35CE-8F7B-45E1-A59F-4FF4ADDD8CCD.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: mlash
@Long Ranger
I’m back and with a vengeance!

Desert landscape, flat & wind limited my flight speed on one direction to 13-14mph so I was lucky to land at 9% critical. If there was no wind I could have pushed farther but this was cutting my RTH speeds and knocked off an easy 1320+ feet from my flight distance

14,650 ft :eek:
Another great run Des! Very nice!Thumbswayup

Well, Great flight @DesJardins !
Here's another one for me though. Took it out this morning and came up with the flight below. A little different than the Mavic Pro, Just now starting to hit my groove! Everything was Rock Solid and Very Smooth! Maybe 3.5 miles next time! All stock, Desert landscape, excellent signal, the wind was about 5mph but I did get into some higher winds up in the valley at 400 feet.

@Long Ranger
AirData Flight Information

Reactions: DesJardins
Well, Great flight @DesJardins !
Here's another one for me though. Took it out this morning and came up with the flight below. A little different than the Mavic Pro, Just now starting to hit my groove! Everything was Rock Solid and Very Smooth! Maybe 3.5 miles next time! All stock, Desert landscape, excellent signal, the wind was about 5mph but I did get into some higher winds up in the valley at 400 feet.

@Long Ranger
AirData Flight Information
Look at you go!!! Nice :0)

I haven’t tried a flight in full Sport mode so it looks like that’s next

I’m going to have to push this little thing to it’s RTH limits to beat you, lol

Look at you go!!! Nice :0)

I haven’t tried a flight in full Sport mode so it looks like that’s next

I’m going to have to push this little thing to it’s RTH limits to beat you, lol
Thanks, lol! Yeah, definitely switch to Sport Mode out and back.

Reactions: DesJardins
Thanks, lol! Yeah, definitely switch to Sport Mode out and back.
Sport mode is your friend when it comes to range. Make note: This is how other members have made it to the top of the list. These guys have surpassed the RTH point to push a little further.
Although sport mode was cancelled, they kept the forward stick maxed because it gave them a few extra MPH in RTH than normal. Just a tip for you guys on future runs.;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78