DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Sport mode is your friend when it comes to range. Make note: This is how other members have made it to the top of the list. These guys have surpassed the RTH point to push a little further.
Although sport mode was cancelled, they kept the forward stick maxed because it gave them a few extra MPH in RTH than normal. Just a tip for you guys on future runs.;)

Well son of a!
Hey, who’s that DesJardens guy taking my spot!? LOL :p

Last edited:
Hey @Long Ranger

Rank #10 Top 20 Stock -- DesJardins is spelled with an "i" not an "e"
DesJard i ns not DesJard e ns

You spelled his name wrong!:(
By the way, thanks for your time and effort for this board!Thumbswayup
Yes, I got it. Sorry Des. It is corrected now. Thanks.

@Long Ranger
Got another flight in this morning! All stock and about 8 mph winds up in the Valley. Desert landscape (valley), no trees and very little signal interference. Signal was unbelievable all the way out. There was a whole lot of puckering coming back! Turn around at 5153m and 52% battery and I really didn't think I was going to make it back! I think the wind was a factor here, as I got higher into the valley the wind picked up (cross wind) or I think I could have gone out farther. By the way I recharged this battery and me thinks it's gonna be OK!

AirData Link Here

Reactions: DesJardins
@Long Ranger
Got another flight in this morning! All stock and about 8 mph winds up in the Valley. Desert landscape (valley), no trees and very little signal interference. Signal was unbelievable all the way out. There was a whole lot of puckering coming back! Turn around at 5153m and 52% battery and I really didn't think I was going to make it back! I think the wind was a factor here, as I got higher into the valley the wind picked up (cross wind) or I think I could have gone out farther. By the way I recharged this battery and me thinks it's gonna be OK!

AirData Link Here
Very nice run! It's good to see you squeezing all you can out of your battery! looks like it's time for you to mod up!;) Getting more range is an addiction you know!:p

Very nice run! It's good to see you squeezing all you can out of your battery! looks like it's time for you to mod up!;) Getting more range is an addiction you know!:p
Thanks. Absolutely addicting! Definitely going to mod it up soon, I just want a crack at the title first! Just need a day with no hiccups and no wind!

Thanks. Absolutely addicting! Definitely going to mod it up soon, I just want a crack at the title first! Just need a day with no hiccups and no wind!
Absolutely, Go for it! So far, no one on the list has lost their MA going for range except @JB999 , however he recovered his. Others that have were due to other situations, like crashes and or mishaps. Good luck making it to the top of the stock list. Hopefully others will get back into the competition and not lose their spot or position.:cool:

Yeah, it's no problem. I'm not worried about loosing a drone.:D The MA (as you already pointed out) is a very capable aircraft, like the MP, and I plan on modding the RC (I use the Titan Cyclone on my MP) and the AC in a couple of weeks to give the guys on the Modded board some competition.

Hope to see @DesJardins climb to the top as well!:eek:

Hey guys
Thought I’d put this in there. My first try at a distance flight.
Out in the middle of nowhere. Flat outback Australia.
Was doing good speed on the way out, but the wind was blowing on the way back.
Can’t wait to go out again and try to do better. I wasted nearly 40 secs at the start getting the bird in the air and up to altitude before even moving forwards.

Attachments

• A8DA0FB7-75AF-4022-BE9E-5E77773ECDD0.png
    A8DA0FB7-75AF-4022-BE9E-5E77773ECDD0.png
    340.5 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: mlash
Hey Scotty,
Welcome to the board and great flight. Hope to see more post from you.

4B650875-B480-48B3-87DE-BE71F4BAD877.jpeg
Hey guys
Thought I’d put this in there. My first try at a distance flight.
Out in the middle of nowhere. Flat outback Australia.
Was doing good speed on the way out, but the wind was blowing on the way back.
Can’t wait to go out again and try to do better. I wasted nearly 40 secs at the start getting the bird in the air and up to altitude before even moving forwards.
Hey Scotty, Thanks for your entry, however your screen shot image only shows your full round trip. I will need the max distance from your home point.
I cannot divide your round trip as it is not a accurate measurement.
Play your flight log again and take another screen shot only when the distance measurement is at it’s max. The measurements on the go app are as follows, (Flight Distance = Complete distance the aircraft has flown per flight)
(Distance = Home Point to aircraft during flight)
I hope this helps you understand what the requirement is.
Thanks.:)

I went out today to try for the Title but the wind would not allow me to succeed! I only got out 3 miles before it was time to turn around. It was a great flight and all went according to plan except for the wind. When I got up into the upper valley I had a crosswind - above 10mph. As I go out further the elevation rises and the wind is really whipping out there at times. To complete this task I will have to climb to at least 600 feet in elevation 3.5 miles out (I will be aprox. 150ft above the ground). Today my altitude was 500 feet, about 350 feet above the ground at 3 miles out!

3.5mile fail1.png

A picture below shows a general idea of the area I'm flying. It gets higher and higher in elevation as I go out further. I had to climb up to 1640 feet to get out 10.5 miles with my Mavic Pro (I was only 400ft above ground. That was before this last summer.)!

Attachments

• 3 Mile Map 2.jpg
    3 Mile Map 2.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 39
I went out today to try for the Title but the wind would not allow me to succeed! I only got out 3 miles before it was time to turn around. It was a great flight and all went according to plan except for the wind. When I got up into the upper valley I had a crosswind - above 10mph. As I go out further the elevation rises and the wind is really whipping out there at times. To complete this task I will have to climb to at least 600 feet in elevation 3.5 miles out (I will be aprox. 150ft above the ground). Today my altitude was 500 feet, about 350 feet above the ground at 3 miles out!

View attachment 43870

A picture below shows a general idea of the area I'm flying. It gets higher and higher in elevation as I go out further. I had to climb up to 1640 feet to get out 10.5 miles with my Mavic Pro (I was only 400ft above ground. That was before this last summer.)!
Not to bad! Was this another attempt to break your 3rd position on the stock board? I say keep going for it!:cool: You’ll get thereThumbswayup

Not to bad! Was this another attempt to break your 3rd position on the stock board? I say keep going for it!:cool: You’ll get thereThumbswayup
Yes, but the cards just wasn't there today, maybe next week! On a side not though, today I did my first test flight on the Air with a battery mod. The wind was too terrible to try for any modded distance. I will at least try for 5 miles next week because I do not have an antenna mod yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman