DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

That’s another one of your best flights for a stock run!Thumbswayup
Looking forward to see what you get with your full mod setup.
Have you had any chance to test?
Yes, I took it out yesterday and I was very happy with the results! I was planning on doing a modded flight today right after but I didn't have it in me, not after this stock flight! Now that I have the #2 spot, I will be able to fully concentrate on the modded flights starting next week.

I'm still going to gear up for another stock flight every week until I get that 1st place spot.:mad:

Reactions: DesJardins
I gave it another go @Long Ranger!
Jumped up a bunch but not enough to catch @mlash ;)

17,166 feet
5232 meters
3.25 miles

I had a little room to spare so I’ll let it ride next weekend Thumbswayup

Attachments

• 0AE881FF-4A23-483A-97AA-84C74D6AC8B4.png
    0AE881FF-4A23-483A-97AA-84C74D6AC8B4.png
    636.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 4447EF10-C1AD-4B38-8002-BEB11236153C.png
    4447EF10-C1AD-4B38-8002-BEB11236153C.png
    264.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Reactions: mlash
I gave it another go @Long Ranger!
Jumped up a bunch but not enough to catch @mlash ;)

17,166 feet
5232 meters
3.25 miles

I had a little room to spare so I’ll let it ride next weekend Thumbswayup
Great Job DesJardins, Very Nice Run! I have some competition, looks like I will be doing a Stock Run next week after all!;)

Reactions: DesJardins
IMG_7394.PNG IMG_7396.JPGThis is my first time posting on this particular forum.

On a very hot and humid day in hk, I went to the beach and in clear open water with no wifi or interference.
Did this today on my MA
No battery mod!
Just using 4hawks Raptor SR Antenna

14435.1 Feet
4399.5 Metres
2.734 Miles

It was almost was a gonna, got to 1500 feet with 30 seconds of battery, I actually was expecting to watch my MA drown in front of me as lack of battery! I did panic for a split moment.

I was so grateful when I saw it close by and could muster the last bit of juice to land it!
It got down to 2% battery lefted. I was a lucky guy today!

Maybe with a battery mod, I could go further!
Thanks

Last edited:
View attachment 45256 View attachment 45254This is my first time posting on this particular forum.

On a very hot and humid day in hk, I went to the beach and in clear open water with no wifi or interference.
Did this today on my MA
No battery mod!

14435.1 Feet
4399.5 Metres
2.734 Miles

It was almost was a gonna, got to 1500 feet with 30 seconds of battery, I actually was expecting to watch my MA drown in front of me as lack of battery! I did panic for a split moment.

I was so grateful when I saw it close by and could muster the last bit of juice to land it!

Thanks
Nice flight!
Looks like we have another contender @Long Ranger :0)

Reactions: PremierKid
Did this today on my MA
No battery mod!
Nice flight PremierKid! How do you like the 4hawks Raptor SR Antenna? Is that antenna amped or just a panel?

Last edited:
View attachment 45256 View attachment 45254This is my first time posting on this particular forum.

Did this today on my MA
No battery mod!

14435.1 Feet
4399.5 Metres
2.734 Miles

Thanks
Nice Run PremierKid! Please keep in mind that only distance from HomePoint to Aircraft is the measurement that is recorded to the board. It is the lower of the measurements in your screenshot.
I have placed you on the modded section of the leaderboard in 5th place with a range of 4346M.:cool:

Nice flight PremierKid! How do you like the 4hawks Raptor SR Antenna? Is that antenna amped or just a panel?

Hi there

I got my 4hawks last week and it has been torrential rain all week so only got to test it yesterday!

It certainly does better than the stock antennas for sure,

I didn't know that 4hawks raptor did amplifed antennas?? It looks like mine is just the Panel!

Nice Run PremierKid! Please keep in mind that only distance from HomePoint to Aircraft is the measurement that is recorded to the board. It is the lower of the measurements in your screenshot.
I have placed you on the modded section of the leaderboard in 5th place with a range of 4346M.:cool:

Hi there

Sorry as I'm new to Drones and this forum, but do you mean the number underneath the battery time line??

As in the height, distance, horizontal speed, vertical speed line? Is that the distance you're taking as a record?

Thanks Alot

Hi there

Sorry as I'm new to Drones and this forum, but do you mean the number underneath the battery time line??

As in the height, distance, horizontal speed, vertical speed line? Is that the distance you're taking as a record?

Thanks Alot
Yes, please see post #725.

Hi there

I got my 4hawks last week and it has been torrential rain all week so only got to test it yesterday!

It certainly does better than the stock antennas for sure,

I didn't know that 4hawks raptor did amplifed antennas?? It looks like mine is just the Panel!
Oh, Ok. I thought I seen that 4Hawks had an SR and an XR version and I was wondering which version, if any, was amped. Either way you should be able to throw a couple of Sunhan's on there to amp it if you wanted to.:)

Oh, Ok. I thought I seen that 4Hawks had an SR and an XR version and I was wondering which version, if any, was amped. Either way you should be able to throw a couple of Sunhan's on there to amp it if you wanted to.:)
Neither amped as far as I know. There's a size difference and broadcast range difference I believe

Reactions: mlash

Tbh as I'm new to drone flying and all the kits and mods available, I did a little research, and it was down between 4hawks, MaXXHD or Titan.
I live in hk, and there is so many buildings close by, my stock antenna wouldn't go far, too much traffic, luckily for me, there is a small beach connecting the south China Sea so I've got masses of open land to try!

I thought about the titans, but it looks so bulky, yes the "big" one is amplifed but having just tested the 4hawks sr, then it's done more than my battery can handle so no need (for me personally) to buy such a monster setup with the titans!
Maybe if I had the MP/2 then fair enough!

I want to do a battery mod, but I need to start some research, any suggestions? (I know this isn't the forum)

Thanks

Tbh as I'm new to drone flying and all the kits and mods available, I did a little research, and it was down between 4hawks, MaXXHD or Titan.
I live in hk, and there is so many buildings close by, my stock antenna wouldn't go far, too much traffic, luckily for me, there is a small beach connecting the south China Sea so I've got masses of open land to try!

I thought about the titans, but it looks so bulky, yes the "big" one is amplifed but having just tested the 4hawks sr, then it's done more than my battery can handle so no need (for me personally) to buy such a monster setup with the titans!
Maybe if I had the MP/2 then fair enough!
I already had the Titan Cyclone from my Mavic Pro so I just decided to use it on my Mavic air as well. I just bought another Mount for my spare Mavic Air Controller and it mounts up to both the Air and the Pro now (multi-purpose)! I will also use it for the Mavic 2 Zoom when I get one of those!:D

I want to do a battery mod, but I need to start some research, any suggestions? (I know this isn't the forum)

Thanks
Start with the LiHV batteries for sure! I have a 1500mah that I'm using for now and I'm also going to try out my MS 3000mah LiHV and my Protek 3600. I have these batteries from my Mavic Pro as well so I don't have to buy any. I'm going to try the Mulitstar 3000mah LiHV this weekend. I'll let you know how it does.

Edit: By the way, I made my own adapter for about $2.

IMG_00552.JPG

Last edited:
I already had the Titan Cyclone from my Mavic Pro so I just decided to use it on my Mavic air as well. I just bought another Mount for my spare Mavic Air Controller and it mounts up to both the Air and the Pro now (multi-purpose)! I will also use it for the Mavic 2 Zoom when I get one of those!:D

Start with the LiHV batteries for sure! I have a 1500mah that I'm using for now and I'm also going to try out my MS 3000mah LiHV and my Protek 3600. I have these batteries from my Mavic Pro as well so I don't have to buy any. I'm going to try the Mulitstar 3000mah LiHV this weekend. I'll let you know how it does.
Edit: By the way, I made my own adapter for about $2.

View attachment 45482

Hi
Thanks for the info on the batteries, although I don't have a clear idea what you are talking about, or what to look for!
I have no idea about brands or voltage etc etc

I've read that I need either lipo or lihv.
1000mah - 3000mah Max!
Then it mentions something about 3s??
An 11.1v of something.?
I'm just so confused!
There are so many options and different opinions on what ppl use, I don't know what is best!

Don't want to buy the wrong type! Then see my drone say bye bye mid-air in sea.

Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll go look on the other forums. But there a bit vague with there information!

Cheers

Welp rough morning!

Back to back 8,000-11,000 foot max range runs with tons of drop outs so something is up with my area today

Also tried to clear out a few flights from Air Data & cleared my most recent list instead of the earliest so lost my distance flights. :(

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2