DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

So close yet so far away. I took it out today for a stock run but the winds were not my friend. All was going as planned until I got out past 3 miles, the winds took a big turn for the worse and I went from 54% power to 75-80% power. I decided to go for it, and I could see it, but at 48% I knew I could not go another foot! I did however break my previous best with 5652 meters. I was only 100 feet from taking 1st place! Oh well maybe next week!

Tomorrow I will be doing a Modded Run with my Titan Cyclone to see if I can at least get that on the board.

@Long Ranger
Stock AC and RC 5652m. Came back with 0% in tank. Concrete plant was running today so I had some interference, but not enough to complain about. Desert Landscape and less than optimal winds.

turnaround1.png

Home1.png
Placeholder.png

Last edited:
Welp rough morning!

Back to back 8,000-11,000 foot max range runs with tons of drop outs so something is up with my area today

Also tried to clear out a few flights from Air Data & cleared my most recent list instead of the earliest so lost my distance flights. :(
Tough Break! Keep trying! I had the same problem last Saturday, went back on Sunday and all was good!
Dang nice run @mlash !!!
I need to get myself elevated... on the flat land I just can’t push it

Back to Google maps for ideas, lol
Thanks, the hill that I'm standing on is only about 6ft higher but it makes a big difference. Plus the elevation goes down from 667ft asl (where I'm standing) to only 100ft asl out at 3.5 miles. This allows me to just fly straight out and I don't have to ascend more than 60ft (Lowest RTH Height).

Reactions: DesJardins
Tough Break! Keep trying! I had the same problem last Saturday, went back on Sunday and all was good!

Thanks, the hill that I'm standing on is only about 6ft higher but it makes a big difference. Plus the elevation goes down from 667ft asl (where I'm standing) to only 100ft asl out at 3.5 miles. This allows me to just fly straight out and I don't have to ascend more than 60ft (Lowest RTH Height).

Yup that’s the ticket! Saves you power on climb and descend too

So close yet so far away. I took it out today for a stock run but the winds were not my friend. All was going as planned until I got out past 3 miles, the winds took a big turn for the worse and I went from 54% power to 75-80% power. I decided to go for it, and I could see it, but at 48% I knew I could not go another foot! I did however break my previous best with 5652 meters. I was only 100 feet from taking 1st place! Oh well maybe next week!

Tomorrow I will be doing a Modded Run with my Titan Cyclone to see if I can at least get that on the board.

@Long Ranger
Stock AC and RC 5652m. Came back with 0% in tank. Concrete plant was running today so I had some interference, but not enough to complain about. Desert Landscape and less than optimal winds.

View attachment 45682
View attachment 45683
Another nice run! If you want me to update your current range, please provide your Airdata link or a screenshot of distance at turn around point.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you possibly making the number 1 spot.;)

Another nice run! If you want me to update your current range, please provide your Airdata link or a screenshot of distance at turn around point.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you possibly making the number 1 spot.;)
@Long Ranger
I just added it to my post. Thanks

Did a Modded Flight today AC and RC. Hyperion Si-Graphene, 3S, 60C, 1400mah LiPo. Titan Cyclone Range Extender (amped). Desert Landscape, 7mph Head/Cross Wind out. The Hyperion battery performed well but it's not going to get much more than 4miles out (maybe 5 if I pushed it). The Titan Cyclone worked perfectly as should. I did have a loss of signal but that was my bad, I lost about 6% battery but I got it turned back around and continued the flight.

@Long Ranger
AirData Link Here
6474 Meters
Turnaround.png

Home.png

Last edited:
View attachment 46000 11,498 feet when I turned it around with a 4 hawks sr
Hi Dkraley,
The LeaderBoard uses your "Distance" from point A to point B. 10,713 feet (3265m) is the distance you really went. The "Travel Distance" (11,498) is counting all the curves and turns that you did in between point A and point B. The LeaderBoard doesn't use that extra distance.

3265m using the modded controller with the 4Hawks SR Range Extender should put you in 10th place on the Modified Board! Good Job! However you must "TAG" Drone Master within your post by using the " @ " sign in front of his name to get his attention. Like This Below:

@Long Ranger

He will then review your post and may ask for some more information. When he is satisfied he will update the 1st page with your information.

Good luck and I hope to see you posting more distance flights with that 4Hawks SR!:)

Reactions: PremierKid
@Long Ranger
Gave it my all and squeezed out another 1,000 feet! Not enough to catch @mlash but I really pushed it on this one

18,178ft / 5541m is my new PB
:)
Very Nice DesJardins! I bet you could see me right out in front of you, so so close!:p Must have been some really good wind for you today. I went out for a Modded run today and I had a very strong head wind! I'm getting ready to post right now.

Very Nice DesJardins! I bet you could see me right out in front of you, so so close!:p Must have been some really good wind for you today. I went out for a Modded run today and I had a very strong head wind! I'm getting ready to post right now.

LOL, I kept telling myself to just go further but when I saw the 18,000+ ft mark I just thought if I kept going I wouldn’t make it back. It was good 5mph breeze heading out but against it on the way back so I was nervous that last Mile back with the screaming alarm!

Can’t wait to see your modded run!!!

Reactions: mlash
Took it out for a Modded flight today. I was using the MS 3000mah LiHV It was only about .5 miles further (I did get back with 16% battery though). It also would not cancel out the RTH (again). I lost 6% again on that deal (again). 4 times I canceled out the RTH and it still just turned around and started coming back home! I'm going to turn off the "DJI Battery" so that won't happen again!:mad: It was also using a lot of battery power, 75% plus, most of the trip so 180grams might be too much for the bird to carry!

A couple thoughts:
1. Maybe 180g is too much weight for the Mavic Air, I did get a msg "Extra payload detected. Flight performance will be affected. Fly with caution" about 16000 feet out.
2. The back motors were super hot when I got back but the front motors were cool. I think that maybe the battery was too far back and should be adjusted forward a tad!
3. I was doing 33mph on the way back in RTH mode. It should only do 28mph with full stick in RTH. The mph was still climbing, I backed of because "Max Motor Speed" msg.

@Long Ranger
AirData Link Here
7138 meters
Turnaround2.png

Tailwind.png

ExtraPayload1.png

Yea that power consumption is way too high! You’ll never make your mark drawing that much... :/

Did you balance the battery to see if the MA had too much rear weight?

@Long Ranger
Worthy of an entry perhaps..?
Hi Mark. It's the farthest distance from the "Controller" to the "Aircraft!" You posted a pic of the "Round Trip" distance of 4995. You must show a picture (in the same fashion as you already posted) but only this time show the picture when you turned around to come back home.

Here is an example:
You can see it shows my farthest "Distance" out at my "Turnaround"!
Hope to see you posting more attempts!
Placeholder.png

Reactions: mark452
Are there anymore Range Mongers for the MA?? I know that DJI sold millions of these aircraft.
Come on, stretch out those legs and lets get it on.Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS