DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Hey, so went out. Nearly no wind, bright sunny day, about 25degs C.
I found another road that was totally straight for about 10kms... great for me to follow. Rural farmland, minimal tree coverage... miles from anywhere, so really low RF signals.
My return run... beat my previous best, but so far away from the leaders... lol!
Went the last 25 secs on 0% battery... Eek!
Gonna try a one way kamikaze run shortly to try beat my previous run.

Out of curiosity, do you guys turn off your recording to get better battery performance on these long runs? Does it really make a difference?

@Long Ranger

Attachments

• B3153B79-C5B8-4939-8B6C-8F199D033502.png
    B3153B79-C5B8-4939-8B6C-8F199D033502.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
  • 7BCF6582-FBB7-425E-BDB0-5314CE9EA6F6.png
    7BCF6582-FBB7-425E-BDB0-5314CE9EA6F6.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Out of curiosity, do you guys turn off your recording to get better battery performance on these long runs? Does it really make a difference?
Great Run Scotty! Just keep going for it and you will work out all of the kinks that's holding you back.

Yes, the recording on the bird will cost you some battery. I left mine recording until I started getting out past 3 miles though. It was my reserve for when I started to really push!

Hey @DesJardins lots of wind over here this last weekend! I went out flying but the MA just couldn't handle it. I did push my battery forward and it made a big difference in the power that it was using. Now I'm just waiting on some perfect weekends.:)

Reactions: DesJardins
I'd love to mod the air but I live in Europe and all those shipment and taxes import are killing me! Still trying to figure out which options ( shipment included ) are best .
* 4hakws vs titan switch vs maxxmod vs alientech vs ARGtek vs Itlite vs Diy
*battery
*controller mod
*I got dji care still on the device

thx in advance

Hey, so went out. Nearly no wind, bright sunny day, about 25degs C.
I found another road that was totally straight for about 10kms... great for me to follow. Rural farmland, minimal tree coverage... miles from anywhere, so really low RF signals.
My return run... beat my previous best, but so far away from the leaders... lol!
Went the last 25 secs on 0% battery... Eek!
Gonna try a one way kamikaze run shortly to try beat my previous run.

@Long Ranger
Another great attempt Scotty! Sorry for the late update as I was off line for a day. Also trying to get used to this new forum format. Looking forward to your next run!:cool:

My own personal best at 6500 feet with the parabolic extenders. Video feed started cutting out so I turned it around. I’m considering getting the 4hawks SR in the spring. I think I might get better range when the trees lose their leaves.
0F68A63E-3A5E-4C09-99DD-78F40B7CD1B1.png

Drone Down!!!
Went out for a 5 mile flight today and there was a little wind. I thought I had a head wind going out (about 6mph), so I would have a tail wind coming back. All was going well, I got turned around at 5 miles and started coming back with the tail wind. About 3 miles away from home the winds turned on me and I suddenly had a head wind (7-9mph)! Needless to say I did not make it back, I landed (forced landing, 8.8v) 3,467 feet short! I went out searching for it but could not find it! I came back and reviewed the footage and It landed exactly where I was looking but I couldn't find it. I went back out again searching and searching and I finally found it. :D

@Long Ranger
Maybe this can go on the "One Way" board!
Turn.png
Landing.png
AirData.png

Drone Down!!!
Went out for a 5 mile flight today and there was a little wind. I thought I had a head wind going out (about 6mph), so I would have a tail wind coming back. All was going well, I got turned around at 5 miles and started coming back with the tail wind. About 3 miles away from home the winds turned on me and I suddenly had a head wind (7-9mph)! Needless to say I did not make it back, I landed (forced landing, 8.8v) 3,467 feet short! I went out searching for it but could not find it! I came back and reviewed the footage and It landed exactly where I was looking but I couldn't find it. I went back out again searching and searching and I finally found it. :D

@Long Ranger
View attachment 48385
View attachment 48384
View attachment 48383
Dang, Glad you found it man!
That’s impressive distance

Dang, Glad you found it man!
That’s impressive distance

Thanks Des, I think I pushed it just a little too hard! I was counting on the tail wind to bring me home but it turned on me and that's all she wrote. Also, I think my 3000's are getting old. They have a lot of miles on them from distance flights with my MP! I'm going to order a fresh one and I'm sure that will make a big difference.

This is where I finally found it at and it was not easy getting to it!:p
Found.png

Reactions: David Hasselhoff
Reactions: mlash
Drone Down!!!

@Long Ranger
View attachment 48385
View attachment 48384
View attachment 48383
Great flight.
When you look for hours and it’s not apparent, it’s scary as!
So glad you found it hey!

Reactions: mrparish
Great flight.
When you look for hours and it’s not apparent, it’s scary as!
So glad you found it hey!
Thanks Scotty! It was touch and go there for a while. When I found it I was very happy. Not only would I have lost a Mavic Air but also a $30 ND16 filter and an $80 dollar SD card that I forgot to take out before the flight!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78