DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Tried today for another distance run...
Sadly, didn’t beat my previous best.
Only got 3902m out and then just made it back. The day was 36 degs c (96.8 deg f) There was a 24km headwind on the way out which made for a poor run...
I then tried for a 1 way kamikaze run, but only managed 6390m. Might try at dawn tomorrow and see if I can do better.

New to this forum, I got an MA about a month ago and have really been enjoying it. This thread has been a highly entertaining read - some of you guys are crazy.

I'm jealous of you guys in the desert. I live downtown in a mid size coastal city. Very flat, all of the buildings downtown are relatively short due to regulations - probably no higher than 10 stories at the most, and that's only a few buildings.

I was considering getting a 4hawks sr, however I found it interesting that on the leaderboard the stock setups pretty much outperform the SR setups. I wonder if this is just due to lack of # of ppl using the SRs? I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to me since I'm in somewhat of an urban environment.

New to this forum, I got an MA about a month ago and have really been enjoying it. This thread has been a highly entertaining read - some of you guys are crazy.

I'm jealous of you guys in the desert. I live downtown in a mid size coastal city. Very flat, all of the buildings downtown are relatively short due to regulations - probably no higher than 10 stories at the most, and that's only a few buildings.

I was considering getting a 4hawks sr, however I found it interesting that on the leaderboard the stock setups pretty much outperform the SR setups. I wonder if this is just due to lack of # of ppl using the SRs? I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to me since I'm in somewhat of an urban environment.

The SR will give you better signal and range if you are in a bad signal area. In open land it’s not needed. I’ve seen videos of SR users going 18,000 ft onYouTube

Reactions: David Hasselhoff

Hi David, I have not personally flown with the 4hawks sr so I can't really say, but I know that they get some pretty good reviews. I have been thinking about getting one for my Mavic Air but I will probably boost it with an amp. I think that there is not many high miles "long distance" runs with the "sr mounted on the Air controller" is because they just haven't attempted yet.

The SR will give you better signal and range if you are in a bad signal area. In open land it’s not needed. I’ve seen videos of SR users going 18,000 ft onYouTube
Here is my video of a 3.5mile flight "completely stock." Lots of trucks in the area with radios in them and high tension power lines so it does provide some interference. I only post to show that the Mavic Air does in its self have a strong antenna totally stock already, so with the SR it should show some significant improvement. IMO:)

Dave, don’t be jealous of the guys flying with the drone Not in eyesight. Trust me, if it comes down......... it’s probably gone. Even with those brilliant flight lights, chances of finding it are slim. Put your cell number on it and pray an honest person finds it.........
I did. Got a call and the guy wouldn’t even take the reward. Just wanted me to teach him about the drone when he gets one......

Dave, don’t be jealous of the guys flying with the drone Not in eyesight. Trust me, if it comes down......... it’s probably gone. Even with those brilliant flight lights, chances of finding it are slim. Put your cell number on it and pray an honest person finds it.........
I did. Got a call and the guy wouldn’t even take the reward. Just wanted me to teach him about the drone when he gets one......
You got to love that! But remember, this thread is about who has the best range for the Mavic Air! And the main Leaderboard.
It’s about time for you new pilots to test your limits on the Air.
Many of us have, but what’s your best?!

Reactions: mlash
Hi David, I have not personally flown with the 4hawks sr so I can't really say, but I know that they get some pretty good reviews. I have been thinking about getting one for my Mavic Air but I will probably boost it with an amp. I think that there is not many high miles "long distance" runs with the "sr mounted on the Air controller" is because they just haven't attempted yet.

How do you like the titan cyclone for the Mavic air? Would you recommend it?

If you look at the Leaderboard, on the first post on this thread, you will see many preferred the 4Hawks SR and feel it is the best range for the buck!
Check it out and get on the board! Good Luck!!
You can go for the titan, but results have been best with 4H SR..

If you look at the Leaderboard, on the first post on this thread, you will see many preferred the 4Hawks SR and feel it is the best range for the buck!
Check it out and get on the board! Good Luck!!
You can go for the titan, but results have been best with 4H SR..

Thanks! Yeah I was checking that out, it looks like @mlash is #2 with the cyclone - and after reading this thread it appears he’s the only one who has used the titan cyclone, so i think the results are skewed by lack of participants.

I tend to agree with @Long Ranger about the 4Hawks. I had the Titan Cyclone aready from my Mavic 1 days and just incorperated it in with my Mavic Air and now my Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom! Like I said, I am seriously considering the 4Hawks for my next antenna and I will boost with a sunhans amp.

I will say this about the Titan Cyclone if you just have to have it, it's a great antenna system and I have done many long distance flights with it. It's apeal to me that it was an all-in-one boosted system but that makes it very front-end heavy and you will have to ballance out the weight so you will comfortable during the flight!

My sr was great. I found myself chickening out before it maxed out.. And then there's the problem that with my reduced mobility if it goes down id die trying to recover in a field somewhere lol

I tend to agree with @Long Ranger about the 4Hawks. I had the Titan Cyclone aready from my Mavic 1 days and just incorperated it in with my Mavic Air and now my Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom! Like I said, I am seriously considering the 4Hawks for my next antenna and I will boost with a sunhans amp.

I will say this about the Titan Cyclone if you just have to have it, it's a great antenna system and I have done many long distance flights with it. It's apeal to me that it was an all-in-one boosted system but that makes it very front-end heavy and you will have to ballance out the weight so you will comfortable during the flight!

I guess my problem is the titan is attractive because it's all in one, I have no idea what goes in to boosting the 4hawks (it sounds complicated) but granted I have no idea.

I guess my problem is the titan is attractive because it's all in one, I have no idea what goes in to boosting the 4hawks (it sounds complicated) but granted I have no idea.
Well like I said I've been very happy with my Titan Cyclone and I did choose it because of the all-in-one setup:)

@Long ranger

Sou brasileiro, se possível queria que marcasse o registro com BR na frente do meu nome

Dados do Log Air

Vídeo

Foto anexo

Pouca interaçamos por muitas árvores

Modo Bateria 2400mah

Antena com bo2.4ghz

alteração firmeware trocando modo sport pelo Atti

Attachments

• IMG-20190113-WA0129.jpg
    IMG-20190113-WA0129.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20190114-072650.jpg
    Screenshot_20190114-072650.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20190113-WA0129.jpg
    IMG-20190113-WA0129.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: lolo780
My second distance run...4.5km
1st attempt was 3.48km over 2 sets of powerlines and passing a substation(blue pin is substation) lines run up from there and to the left

No the less the 4.5km run is what I'm submitting....
Time. 16:00
Wind. East 2kt
Location 10 miles east of Winnemucca, NV

Mavic Air ALL STOCK!
@Long Ranger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190128-171316.png
    Screenshot_20190128-171316.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20190128-163715.png
    Screenshot_20190128-163715.png
    701.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20190128-174130.png
    Screenshot_20190128-174130.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
My second distance run...4.5km
1st attempt was 3.48km over 2 sets of powerlines and passing a substation(blue pin is substation) lines run up from there and to the left

No the less the 4.5km run is what I'm submitting....
Time. 16:00
Wind. East 2kt
Location 10 miles east of Winnemucca, NV

Mavic Air ALL STOCK!
@Drone Master
A nice run! Good Job! You have placed 11th on the stock board.

Reactions: TIVAJAVA

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose