DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Wow, I wish I could achieve that distance.
My best is 2,500m although in an urban area and only owned it for 2 days so I've yet to fly it in the field.

2500 m in urban areas with a stock set up is not so bad. Keep pushing Thumbswayup

Remember hi is using a modified drone. Several external battery and I guess he uses some to get antenna signal to get more in one direction and his is for sure in FCC and not CE mode.
Not several external batteries, one is all the MA can carry without negative effects on the airtime. Yes i, use 4Hawks Raptor XR antenna, with 14dBi on 5,8gHz.

Ok pilots, I see we have a couple of new entries.
Board updated!:cool:

The Mavic Air really could use longer arms to improve efficiency. And some weight can be dropped: top cover, fan, as many sensors as possible, battery case, drill lightening holes everywhere...

J6ZKLKE.jpg

Reactions: SergeyCrypto
The Mavic Air really could use longer arms to improve efficiency. And some weight can be dropped: top cover, fan, as many sensors as possible, battery case, drill lightening holes everywhere...

J6ZKLKE.jpg
#speedholes

LUfsbDL.jpg

Get out the drill/dremel and shave off those grams.
How much weight is removed by this method before structural integrity is compromised? That is the question!:cool:

The screen recording from my 13,1km flight the other day.

Amazing run once again. Can you walk me through the steps you take?

So What I do is turn on the main battery of the drone, then connect my external battery. cuz when I connect the battery directly it turns on without even if the drone battery is off. Also can you please tell us whats the best way to connect the battery. I mean in terms of placement and all. I'll upload a photo of my setup later on today.

On a different note, I flew in 38-degree weather yesterday, the battery temp went up 89 degrees. Then I started getting a barometer error. I don't know if that caused permanent damage to the drone or not. Ill test it later.

Very nice run JB! You are getting close to the limits of the MA.
Do you think it's possible to make it to 14?:rolleyes:
Yeah im getting closer and closer to the limit for sure, i think 14 is possible. There are a few more details to combine into the same flight that may take it to 14 or even a bit further...

Amazing run once again. Can you walk me through the steps you take?

So What I do is turn on the main battery of the drone, then connect my external battery. cuz when I connect the battery directly it turns on without even if the drone battery is off. Also can you please tell us whats the best way to connect the battery. I mean in terms of placement and all. I'll upload a photo of my setup later on today.

On a different note, I flew in 38-degree weather yesterday, the battery temp went up 89 degrees. Then I started getting a barometer error. I don't know if that caused permanent damage to the drone or not. Ill test it later.

Yes, thats the correct way, the main first and then connecting the external. I place the battery cross the body, although long side the body is probably better to minimize the drag, but you need to turn off the downward sensors for that, something i have not done yet...
89 degrees seems a bit to hot to be healthy....

Wow, I read that @JB999 had lost his MA in a attempt to push for further range. Luckily, he recovered his aircraft 9000M away from home point.
Kudos to you JB. Live to fly another day.
Let us know what happened. Would like to see your logs on that deal.:cool:
Maybe video.:D

Reactions: JB999
Wow, I read that @JB999 had lost his MA in a attempt to push for further range. Luckily, he recovered his aircraft 9000M away from home point.
Kudos to you JB. Live to fly another day.
Let us know what happened. Would like to see your logs on that deal.:cool:
Maybe video.:D

Yeah, thats right i lost my MA for a while yesterday, actually thought it was gone until i realised that it went straight down from the point where i lost signal, so i went there and there it was just lying in a woodarea with out s scratch.
Have not been able to read the log files yet, if some one know how, please let me know. I have the files but CsvView do not accept the files...
Unfortunately the screen recording was also corrupted for some reason, i will also try to recovery that file
Anyway, soon back in the air...[emoji106]

I have the files but CsvView do not accept the files...
The Mavic AIR onboard .DAT is probably encrypted and can not be read by CsvView.
@BudWalker has more details on that issue.

Reactions: JB999

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak