DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Thank you JB for the correction, The board has been updated. Although your video for the lessor flight is on this thread, you will have to officially post it with your snapshots. Thanks:cool:

OK, here are the snapshots of the 5362m flight. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1761.PNG
    IMG_1761.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1762.PNG
    IMG_1762.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: Drone1aerial
Ok Pilots,
Now that @JB999 has the best distance from the MA so far with stock results as well as antenna mod, the battery is obviously what holds us back!
Have any of you started to mod the weakness, your (Battery)?
I believe that’s what it will take to fill the Top 10 with Modifications.:D

Hi, Thanks !! Yeah, without modded batteries i think that maybe a few hundred meters could be achieved but not much more than that...
Also: I see in the leaderboard that you separate "Flight without mods" from "Flights with mods" and to be honnest here the 5516 m flight was actually with a thirdparty antenna (4Hawks Raptor SR), but i have also one other flight, 5300+ meters, that was with stock antennas. Not that i think that the max distance is really affected by the antennas/signal, but is 100% a matter of usage of battery.
Cheers !!
How do u like the 4hawks sr? Installing mine tomorrow. Is hd feed better then stock? Less lag when going out far?

How do you like the raptor sr? I have been thinking about getting it for my air.
Mine will be here tomorrow :) already have remote apart ready to go! One of the guys on drones united swear by it for air. But i want to know how it does with the transmission feed especially when going out farther....guess ill find out soon enough

Mine will be here tomorrow :) already have remote apart ready to go! One of the guys on drones united swear by it for air. But i want to know how it does with the transmission feed especially when going out farther....guess ill find out soon enough
Let us know Mike, I look forward to seeing your results.
Would like to see you get on the modded MA leaderboard top 10!;)

Yeah for me it’s either that or the DBS mods sniper or shockwave duo. DBS mods has always been trustworthy and I am only looking for a small antenna mod to improve video feed and keep it portable.

Ok Pilots,
Now that @JB999 has the best distance from the MA so far with stock results as well as antenna mod, the battery is obviously what holds us back!
Have any of you started to mod the weakness, your (Battery)?
I believe that’s what it will take to fill the Top 10 with Modifications.:D
UAV mods already has the adapter for battery mods. I might pick that up when it gets back in stock.

Yeah for me it’s either that or the DBS mods sniper or shockwave duo. DBS mods has always been trustworthy and I am only looking for a small antenna mod to improve video feed and keep it portable.
Jake from maxxuav told me the same engineer that made itelite is who is behind 4hawks. Suppisedly newer, better tech, better quality.....

Let us know Mike, I look forward to seeing your results.
Would like to see you get on the modded MA leaderboard top 10!;)
Hopefully soon! Weather has been crappy here ....im sure there will be a few nice days coming up

Jake from maxxuav told me the same engineer that made itelite is who is behind 4hawks. Suppisedly newer, better tech, better quality.....
Nice. I’ll probably buy that and then see if I could 3D print a container for the amplifier when I amplify it.

What Is that thing? Looks like a bit of weight to me.
Do you mean the add-on battery on the side?
Yeah - u need one ... (if you want extend stock battery life) :)

Do you mean the add-on battery on the side?
Yeah - u need one ... (if you want extend stock battery life) :)
Naturally I expected that.
But what are your expectations from that mod?

How do u like the 4hawks sr? Installing mine tomorrow. Is hd feed better then stock? Less lag when going out far?

The 4Hawks are great and adds vs using stock or stock+windsurfers, but mainly in wifi congested areas i would say, ie when flying over downtown areas. When flying over open fields like in the videos I have posten on this forum and other 5km+ flights, i have never had any laggs even with stock antennas, the limiting factor on theese flights is the battery, i never reach a point where signal gets weak, even on 5,8.ghz. Cheers!!

what kind of range are you guys getting in the city area? i'm seeing only about 400-500m stock on both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz so wonder if its normal. had not manage to test it in open space yet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga