DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

So... I started my journey full throttle and full pitch. My home point didn’t register for a little bit... I’ll add my screen shot of halfway and when it came back. You can do the math. For those that have went past this, I’d love to know how! I will update with a YouTube clip. Nerve racking in extreme fog and headwind. Best of luck to all that push the stock MA.

Attachments

• 045CA11A-665C-42B9-A44B-525701482FF7.png
    045CA11A-665C-42B9-A44B-525701482FF7.png
    707.7 KB · Views: 75
  • EC51E0A6-8589-4DAF-9772-6F30DDAD8EE5.png
    EC51E0A6-8589-4DAF-9772-6F30DDAD8EE5.png
    707.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
So... I started my journey full throttle and full pitch. My home point didn’t register for a little bit... I’ll add my screen shot of halfway and when it came back. You can do the math. For those that have went past this, I’d love to know how! I will update with a YouTube clip. Nerve racking in extreme fog and headwind. Best of luck to all that push the stock MA.
I think your speed is too slow based on flight time. Try 13-14m/s.

Hi, since i found this forum i had to register and post my current record here.

I managed to recieve 4368 meters. I Still had 19% battery left after flight. Conditions: +7 celsius 4-6m/s side wind and no interference. Connection was rock solid thorough the flight. Drone and reciever are stock.

Flight log

Last edited:

I managed to recieve 4368 meters. I Still had 19% battery left after flight. Conditions: +7 celsius 4-6m/s side wind and no interference. Connection was rock solid thorough the flight. Drone and reciever are stock.
Thanks for your entry @Surflyer . Please see the requirements to be placed on the leaderboard beginning on the first post of this thread. Just a description is not sufficient.
Thanks, ;)

My new personal best flight record 4833 meters.

Stock reciever and drone, polarpro nd16 filter, +8 celsius 3-5m/s sidewind, steady connection , swans shown after 2 kilomesters, precise distance 4833 meters.

@Long Ranger

Flight log
3 miles is a looooooong way ?????? ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Surflyer
Not the longest distance here but... 3.2km one way, 6.5km round flight without any loss of connection or video lag with FCC hack. It would go another 1km if I was a bit more crazy. Lol. 32% of battery left on landing. Screenshot_20190407-180251.jpeg

I've been looking for this thread.

10,007 feet. Light headwind.

No chop in video feed until 9,995'. Then I inched past 10,000 turned around, and booked it home.

I really don't see any need for such range, but it's a nice perk. Even without any loss in video feed, it still makes my heart race. I'd rather be 400' up, than 15,000' away. I've yet to fly over 365' vertically though, again, living in flatlands, I don't see a reason.PSX_20190408_203927.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190408-202435.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190408-202435.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 59
I've been looking for this thread.

10,007 feet. Light headwind.

No chop in video feed until 9,995'. Then I inched past 10,000 turned around, and booked it home.

I really don't see any need for such range, but it's a nice perk. Even without any loss in video feed, it still makes my heart race. I'd rather be 400' up, than 15,000' away. I've yet to fly over 365' vertically though, again, living in flatlands, I don't see a reason.View attachment 68828
Thank you for your entry, however you will have to provide more data. Do you have any snapshots from any other apps such as Go 4 or others? An airdata link will be great if you have.
Thanks,, LR..

Thank you for your entry, however you will have to provide more data. Do you have any snapshots from any other apps such as Go 4 or others? An airdata link will be great if you have.
Thanks,, LR..
Yes I do. I have the video from the flight.

I'll have to post later though, as I am at work atm.

Here’s mine. Just out in the middle of nowhere with flat fields and very little trees between home point and max distance. No mods. Just stock everything. @Drone Master

6B717971-5BCB-4D96-A4F5-30855323C900.png

Reactions: Amckim2084
Because you did not make it back to homepoint, I have added you to the One way range category.

That’s kool. It was pretty close but still 1000 ft off lol

Here’s mine. Just out in the middle of nowhere with flat fields and very little trees between home point and max distance. No mods. Just stock everything. @Drone Master

View attachment 68895

You may have made it home if you would have lowered your altitude. Wind speed is always faster the higher you go.

I still don't understand why it was going 16mph into a "headwind", but didn't get over 30mph on the return... In Sport mode I'm assuming (the return anyway).

If you didn't use Sport mode at all, why?

Reactions: Amckim2084
You may have made it home if you would have lowered your altitude. Wind speed is always faster the higher you go.

I still don't understand why it was going 16mph into a "headwind", but didn't get over 30mph on the return... In Sport mode I'm assuming (the return anyway).

If you didn't use Sport mode at all, why?

Someone else asked that too. I’ll have to make a note in the description that it was a normal flight distance test and that I’ll be doing a sport mode test in the same area later. As far as lowering altitude, I honestly didn’t think of that. I was just trying to get home and watching the feed to keep up with where I was at so I could prepare for landing.

Someone else told me that I could have taken the battery to 0 and still make it but I didn’t want to risk it. I just got back into the hobby after not having a drone for the last 2 years and really didn’t want it to drop dead out of the sky lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190