DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

If I remember correctly bean something was set wrong but is fixed now .

Reactions: beanbubba
I like the idea of 3 classes as with the original MP I will have no intention of making weight reduction modifications to the MP2. I totally agree with having to post airdata proof but I hate flying flying with my iPad mini after using the Crystalsky to have the flight logged. I absolutely love flying with the Crystalsky but being android it's doesn't save the flight log on mega distance flights. Perhaps a screen recording video could be used as evidence for android users? probably not the case for lolo as he'll probably remove his camera anyway lol, it's always nice to watch the flight in action for me anyway.

I like the idea of 3 classes as with the original MP I will have no intention of making weight reduction modifications to the MP2. I totally agree with having to post airdata proof but I hate flying flying with my iPad mini after using the Crystalsky to have the flight logged. I absolutely love flying with the Crystalsky but being android it's doesn't save the flight log on mega distance flights. Perhaps a screen recording video could be used as evidence for android users? probably not the case for lolo as he'll probably remove his camera anyway lol, it's always nice to watch the flight in action for me anyway.

Thats a very good point, I forgot about that. I think a full unedited video of the flight should be sufficient evidence. Anyone else have opinions on this one?

Reactions: Odom1957
Regarding edit version 3, android users wouldnt be able to link a 'partial' airdata link for android, as the GO4 app doesn't save any of the flight log to be able to sync to airdata

Regarding edit version 3, android users wouldnt be able to link a 'partial' airdata link for android, as the GO4 app doesn't save any of the flight log to be able to sync to airdata
OK, I need input like this because I have no first hand experience with it. Also need to think through if there are ways to cheat around this and think of ways to validate the flights in this scenario.

Reactions: **mick**
What data is stored on the bird itself? And can it be exported into a usable file for our needs?

Reactions: Dave Maine
What data is stored on the bird itself? And can it be exported into a usable file for our needs?
I think we need guidance from @BudWalker and @lolo780 on this one.

And where has @CyberNate, @Phxbird57, @digdat0, @Ed209, @dirtybum, @MacIak, and @chazz been hiding?? We need them here contributing.

Many folks are speculating that the new platforms will be so locked down that few mod's are possible. I predict the Mavic2 will be a renaissance of the original phantom range competitions and breathe new life into the sport that so many of us are drawn to and love.

I want to get buy in and general consensus from those that compete here (and ignore the fools that complain but have never attempted to compete). And get this buttoned up before the next models are released. We know the current rules are flawed, why would we not try to fix known issues that everyone with an interest in this agrees to? Because we know the first day the first units hit our doorsteps in the mail, everyone will be itching to get on the board. And if we listen to the naysayers, we can laugh foolheartedly in a few weeks at them for being so wise to direct us how to use our time.

Peace to all and good evening gentlemen and @MrsTreat.

Last edited:
What data is stored on the bird itself? And can it be export

@beanbubba ed into a usable file for our needs?
Take a look at
V3 .CSV column descriptions
These are some of the fields available using DatCon which can be obtained here
DatCon Downloads

You'll probably be interested in the MotorPowerCalcs category which provides data useful to the battery, long distance guys. Most, if not all, of the MotorPowerCalcs fields are computed by DatCon; i.e. they don't exist on the bird

I hope all the data is available for viewing in the Mavic 2, and that it sells just as well or better than the original.
Thanks @beanbubba for taking the time to get this thread rolling.

Anyone ordering a 2 this week?

Are windsurfers allowed for stock? Assuming the M2 is capable of well over 6 miles, I don't think many people are going to risk a $1300 aircraft with a stock RC and stock RTH speed.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Hey all, I never got any volunteers to run this thread. I will personally manage it until further notice with one caveat. I will try my best to provide nightly updates, but on occasion I might take a few days to make an update due to having a life and job :)

I just wanted to set expectations up front. Can't wait to see who gets their bird flying first and on the board!!

Here is the final edit on the rules of engagement:

Official Mavic2 Range Leaderboard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan