DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ok guys I got a mini 3 pro.

dirkclod

Reactions
I know this has been discussed a lot but afraid what I do here and other sites so just don’t have the time. I gifted all my other stuff so now I have to get all new stuff. I hate to have and buy stuff that don’t work as I’ve always have then don’t care for it and just gift it.
To start with I use a 10.9 iPad so I’m going to have a a a longer cord. Next im going to have a holder that stays on and folds down. Have seen some but don’t know what you guys have worked the best. I did rig up so I could fly the first time this morning and used a what I thought was a good card which I’ve used with all my other drones but kept seeing not fast enough. Was a San disk . If anyone would be kind enough to steer me
in the right direction I would appreciate it. I just don’t have the time and have some search some to find what you guys have found the best.
I thank you very much.
dc
Also I use Amazon so if you have a Link that would be Appreciated also 🥴

These are what I’ve been using- work fine. Looks like the same thing as above but a couple bucks cheaper without the adapter if you don’t need one

SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, 5K, A2, Micro SD Card - SDSQXAA-128G-GN6MA
The Pro version is a bit faster. About 10% writing and 15% reading. The cost is about 10% greater. I splurged for the slightly faster speed.

As far as holders this is kiinda what I want but not sure if where it conects in not sure if it would affect signal

Consider a Mavmount tablet holder. They're quite a bit more expensive but they're sturdy and solid and keep you from being concerned about dropping the tablet. I cracked the screen on a 7" tablet when it fell out of a holder similar to the one you posted the link for. When I moved to a 10" tablet, it was even more of a worry. I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Mavmount. It's much more secure and I've abandoned the other mounts entirely. The adjustable configuration improves the balance of the controller/tablet so that it's not so front heavy. Much more comfortable to use.

Reactions: dirkclod
I use an iPad Mini 6 so I can't advise you as to which tablet holder would be good for a 10.9 iPad. You may also want to search for a screen shade as the iPads don't have the brightest screens. Does your iPad have a USB-c or the old lightning connector? With my iPad Mini 6 I found it finicky as to which cables (and orientations) the combination likes. Amazon is good because if you buy cables that don't work you can exchange them for others.

So far I've had pretty good luck with Samsun EVO Select cards. I bought this model card because of the 130MB/s write speed. 128mb for $16 is a pretty good deal.
1663784845692.png

Hi DC for the card i use a San Disk Extreme 64 GB the red and gold ones
as far as the screen holder is concerned ,i cant be of much help as i have the RC with built in screen

I use an iPad Mini 6 so I can't advise you as to which tablet holder would be good for a 10.9 iPad. You may also want to search for a screen shade as the iPads don't have the brightest screens. Does your iPad have a USB-c or the old lightning connector? With my iPad Mini 6 I found it finicky as to which cables (and orientations) the combination likes. Amazon is good because if you buy cables that don't work you can exchange them for others.

So far I've had pretty good luck with Samsun EVO Select cards. I bought this model card because of the 130MB/s write speed. 128mb for $16 is a pretty good deal.
View attachment 154974
Have a 7th generation iPad and guess it’s a lightning connecter. Has wires on each side like my iphone charging cord.
Guess I need one 12”? and like to find one 3’ long when flying from my truck with iPad on my steering wheel holder. Do that more than anything. I just don’t know what that connecter is called going in the controller. Know I should but can’t keep up
with everything 🙄

Have a 7th generation iPad and guess it’s a lightning connecter. Has wires on each side like my iphone charging cord.
Guess I need one 12”? and like to find one 3’ long when flying from my truck with iPad on my steering wheel holder. Do that more than anything. I just don’t know what that connecter is called going in the controller. Know I should but can’t keep up
with everything 🙄
I bought a 5' USB-c to lighting for my RCN1 to iPhone XR for when I wanted to use FPV goggles. A little longer than 3', but it works. USB-c to Lighthing cable

It is my opinion that USB-c to lighthing cables are pretty dependable in every length. It's the USB-c to USB-c that gets tricky. I've had some bad luck in that combination. For a lot of reasons I'm in the Apple eco system when it comes to mobile devices, but it perplexes me why they have current models that have different connections. my iPad Mini 6 is USB-c while a currently sold iPhone 13 still uses Lightining ports. You've reminded me that when I was shopping for an iPad the Mini 6 had the USB-c, but the current 10.9 had lightning. I'll tell you, if makes packing a nightmare not knowing if I'm going to use my phone or my iPad when I go to fly with a RCN1 controller! More than once I've screwed up packing the wrong cables and having to go to plan B.

I know this has been discussed a lot but afraid what I do here and other sites so just don’t have the time. I gifted all my other stuff so now I have to get all new stuff. I hate to have and buy stuff that don’t work as I’ve always have then don’t care for it and just gift it.
To start with I use a 10.9 iPad so I’m going to have a a a longer cord. Next im going to have a holder that stays on and folds down. Have seen some but don’t know what you guys have worked the best. I did rig up so I could fly the first time this morning and used a what I thought was a good card which I’ve used with all my other drones but kept seeing not fast enough. Was a San disk . If anyone would be kind enough to steer me
in the right direction I would appreciate it. I just don’t have the time and have some search some to find what you guys have found the best.
I thank you very much.
dc
Also I use Amazon so if you have a Link that would be Appreciate it also 🥴
These are the DJI recommended SD cards for the Mini 3 Pro

Memory Cards​

• Supported Memory Cards​

• UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required.
    A list of recommended microSD cards can be found below.
  • Recommended microSD Cards​

• SanDisk Extreme 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 512GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 400GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk High Endurance 64GB V30 microSDXC
    SanDisk High Endurance 256GB V30 microSDXC
    SanDisk Max Endurance 32GB V30 microSDHC
    SanDisk Max Endurance 128GB V30 microSDXC
    SanDisk Max Endurance 256GB V30 microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar High Endurance 64GB V30 microSDXC
    Lexar High Endurance 128GB V30 microSDXC
    Lexar 667x 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
    Lexar 633x 256GB V30 A1 microSDXC
    Lexar 1066x 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar 1066x 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar 1066x 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Samsung Pro Plus 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Samsung EVO Plus 512GB microSDXC

Just ordered a few more of these. I tend to use smaller storage cards in case something goes wrong. 64 size cards are more than enough for what I do.

o start with I use a 10.9 iPad so I’m going to have a a a longer cord.
I’m just curious. You didn’t go for the DJI RC? As much as I’d love to have the larger display sometimes, the controller is so convenient. It would be a hard tradeoff for me to make I think.

I’m just curious. You didn’t go for the DJI RC? As much as I’d love to have the larger display sometimes, the controller is so convenient. It would be a hard tradeoff for me to make I think.
It was gifted to me. But if was to buy one it would have been that.
started with my P2’s modding the rc’s with inspire tablet holders for mini ipads and just started getting larger iPads. Old eyes like larger screens 🤷‍♂️67DEBEA9-4C3C-4EDD-BBEB-1EC2DBF4E838.jpeg 2 P2’s and a P3 S.
Used to love and mod wifi drones.

Just ordered a few more of these. I tend to use smaller storage cards in case something goes wrong. 64 size cards are more than enough for what I do.
Did you do so for the Mini 3 or all your drones Starz ?
good price but quit selling or buying from eBay a ways back. Got burned both ways.
I just ordered 2 of these to try,no good I’ll send em back.
EB39A530-2814-4DF2-822C-EC3CE5F9AC34.jpeg

I appreciate that sentiment a little more every year! Neat photos of the P2s and P3 S.
Thanks ,1 P2 had a rotor pixel gimbal but all were modded. Back then it was a mod game to see who could go the farthest. Had more money in one of them than lots of we have now that will flat out go 4 miles stock. But i‘m getting of topic now.
Back to HELP 😀

Reactions: Hands Down
It was gifted to me. But if was to buy one it would have been that.
started with my P2’s modding the rc’s with inspire tablet holders for mini ipads and just started getting larger iPads. Old eyes like larger screens 🤷‍♂️View attachment 154980 2 P2’s and a P3 S.
Used to love and mod wifi drones.
One day I’ll break down and hook up my RCN1 controller to my Mini 3. I want to see if the controller has the same “dead spots” with the Mini 3 as it does with the Mini 2. I find the DJI RC/Mini 3 combo head and shoulders MUCH smoother flying than my Mini 2 ever did. On par with my Mavic 2- maybe smoother except for M2 tripod mode?

Well I’ve ordered some sd cards just need the right cables.
going to try sevreal holders but mostly fly from truck so need to find cables ,one 3’ and one for holder .me be 8” or 12”.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan