DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ooohhh the new polar pro app is Mint

Ikopta

Reactions
Polar pros New app version on iOS is nothing short of awesome!
ND filter selection, KP Chart, weather, wind, golden time timer...
A must for every drone flyer.... and its free,,,

Reactions: WAXMAN and D95GAS
The Android version is very limited - no KP Chart, weather, wind, or golden time timer, only the filter selection....
I like UAV forecast app on android to get a lot of that info. I like how it gives wind speeds for any altitude you enter also. Wind speed can be significantly different at 300 ft vs ground level.

What it needs is to use the camera sensors to give an initial guess on exposure. Any phone capable of hosting Go 4 will have them. Having to fire up the bird to get the current EV is a speed bump since you have to fiddle with the filter after. Me personally I don't fiddle with the camera without the support clip in place so I power it down.

What it needs is to use the camera sensors to give an initial guess on exposure. Any phone capable of hosting Go 4 will have them. Having to fire up the bird to get the current EV is a speed bump since you have to fiddle with the filter after. Me personally I don't fiddle with the camera without the support clip in place so I power it down.
I agree, that would be nice. I also shut it down before I swap filters for the same reason as you. It's a bit of a pain.

Agree!!! I have been looking for an app just like this. I want to use the phone as an exposure meter, after that the rest is easy.

At this point I'm just simply a good guesser. It works OK but I could be a lot more consistent with the right app. I wouldn't think it'd be super hard but either it is or no one's bothered with it yet. You'd think SLR users would want it as well, though with a "normal" camera it's a little easier.

Just remember the Sunny 16 rule which states:
On a bright sunny day with an aperture of f16 set the shutter speed to 1/ISO.

So f16 and you have an ISO of 100 so shutter speed should be 1/100.
But we have no aperture - just ND filters. We know the aperture of the camera is f2.2 but call it f2.8 to fit on the scale which is
2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16
each one represents a full f stop - just like doubling or halving the shutter speed is a stop.
so we *want* 1/50 if we're shooting at 24 fps. That's -1 from the 1/100 sunny 16 rule
We have f2.2 (2.8) not f16 so that's - 5 for a total of -6 stops correction needed. 6 stops corresponds to a ND64.
More than ya thought huh?
If you only have an ND16 then your shutter speed will increase 2 stops to 1/200. ND32 would be a good compromise.
Bear in mind this is a bright sunny day. Any clouds or low sun angle usually knocks it down a stop or two which is why an ND16 is a good all around choice.

BTW - there's a moon equivalent that works teh same way substitute f11 for f16 which is simply saying if you want a properly exposed full moon then use the sunny 16 rule except use f11 - one stop less,

Agree - love the Apple App. And the filters are sweet. My pictures have really improved IMO.

FYI - here is one of my PP filters. Just bragging a little bit. :)

2gB3KOm.jpg

q9KiG9s.jpg

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I like UAV forecast app on android to get a lot of that info. I like how it gives wind speeds for any altitude you enter also. Wind speed can be significantly different at 300 ft vs ground level.
Yup, same app I also use on Android. :cool:

Yep, been the using the previous app and now this one, very useful. After a while though you'll start to figure out what you need to do without it. Excellent tool though..

Polar pros New app version on iOS is nothing short of awesome!
ND filter selection, KP Chart, weather, wind, golden time timer...
A must for every drone flyer.... and its free,,,

Reactions: MrsTreat

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580