DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 test on 7/24/19

Johndronebusiness

Reactions
Hello ladies and gents,
I finally decided to go for my part 107 exam after studying about 2 weeks and still have 6 more days to go.

If you’ve taken the test recently? Any questions you remember? That I should be aware of and that’s hard

The only thing I’m struggling with is the whole left downwind 6, blah blah I absolutely have no idea I watched videos, try to figure it out nope ?? just don’t get it
Any tips? Like airplane landing 6 you’re flying blah blah where you should be looking ... kind of questions I have no clue tbh I’m kind of memorizing the answers from what I’ve been studying

Reactions: Hauptmann
Wow never mind about the not knowing the runway landing and all that, just watched a video on YouTube SUPER EASY!!! I was just confusing myself! Wow

Upwind is with the runway landing pattern, downwind is the opposite direction. Crosswind is at the top of the pattern, base leg at the bottom.

This may help. It does not matter which way you turn the picture the runway is alway 12 and 6 o’clock oriented. The degrees may be different, but clock positions are the same. Approach is towards 12 and departure is away from the 6. Therefore, you only really need to be aware of where North is. South, East, and West will be natural.
So, if an aircraft is taking off on a NORTH heading runway, the tower informs the aircraft pilot that you, the drone pilot, are located 5 miles to his/her right. Which way do you look to spot the aircraft? ANSWER: West. EXplaination: the pilot is flying North on takeoff, you are to the right of the pilot, so therefore you are East of the pilot. You must look West to spot the plane taking off!

Further, if pilot is taking off to the NE and you are 5 miles to his right, you would be looking NW!
Taking off to NE and you are 5 miles to his Left, you look SE.

Did I confuse you even more! Sorry!!!

Attachments

• 2CD7C172-475B-4D19-B28B-2912B9FB7A2D.jpeg
    2CD7C172-475B-4D19-B28B-2912B9FB7A2D.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 20
Upwind is with the runway landing pattern, downwind is the opposite direction. Crosswind is at the top of the pattern, base leg at the bottom.

This may help. It does not matter which way you turn the picture the runway is alway 12 and 6 o’clock oriented. The degrees may be different, but clock positions are the same. Approach is towards 12 and departure is away from the 6. Therefore, you only really need to be aware of where North is. South, East, and West will be natural.
So, if an aircraft is taking off on a NORTH heading runway, the tower informs the aircraft pilot that you, the drone pilot, are located 5 miles to his/her right. Which way do you look to spot the aircraft? ANSWER: West. EXplaination: the pilot is flying North on takeoff, you are to the right of the pilot, so therefore you are East of the pilot. You must look West to spot the plane taking off!

Further, if pilot is taking off to the NE and you are 5 miles to his right, you would be looking NW!
Taking off to NE and you are 5 miles to his Left, you look SE.

Did I confuse you even more! Sorry!!!
Thank you for your response
I started watching couple of videos yesterday and now it makes perfect sense!
Appreciate your help ! I hope it will be a very smooth and easy test! And non tricky!

Reactions: WAXMAN

I think you meant to say upwind is in the direction of the runway heading. The "runway landing pattern" includes upwind, cross wind, down wind, base leg and final.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1