DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help! 0x800000 error, no Gimbal Status option in the Options menu and no SD card.

Thank you for letting me know. Do you know what that cable is called? This thing seems like a bottomless pit... gimbal ribbon > video cable > gimbal pcb... next "inner flex cable" and if that does not work then the big one... core board...

I believe its called the gimbal flat PBC ribbon cable, it actually came with my gimbal PCB (2 of the 3 cables). You can get them from China but you will be waiting forever on that boat (so it seems lol) I found one in the states though:

Do you know what the 3Pcs Flexible Gimbal Flat Camera PCB Ribbon Flex Cable function is?

See my attached screenshot.
1 = IMU
2 = Left Obsitical Avoidance sensor
3 = Right Obstacle Avoidance sensor
4 = LVDS cable (video cable and under it the gimbal ribbon cable)
5 = ?
6 = ?

I'm assuming no 5 sends no 2 and 3 to the lower vision board because when I unplug it I get lots of errors regarding front right/left vision sensors.
No 6 seems to be responsible for the gimbal control/information to/from the lower vision board. Unplugging this gave me no errors, leading me to believe that it is the cause of the 0x8000000 error since the error is there when I start up the drone. The other option is, of course, the lower vision board...

Attachments

• mavic top internals.jpg
    mavic top internals.jpg
    882 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: shot_by_SU
UPDATED with info!

1 = Compass
2 = Left Obsitical Avoidance sensor
3 = Right Obstacle Avoidance sensor
4 = LVDS cable (video cable and under it the gimbal ribbon cable)
5 = Vision sensor data cable
6 = Gimbal image data cable

Reactions: shot_by_SU
Correct, 5 & 6 are basically the through put connections for the vision sensors and gimbal/camera data respectively

Reactions: Ram85
Looks like I'm going to have to order that 3pc set of gimbal flex cables to test... either that or spending $280 on a new coreboard...

Since there is no way to test the board aside form process of elimination, I would start with the 3 pc flat cables and go from there..

Tengo el mismo problema, alguna noticia mal respecto de se a arreglado la avería ?
Since there is no way to test the board aside form process of elimination, I would start with the 3 pc flat cables and go from there..
I have the same problem, any bad news regarding the breakdown?

I have the exact same problem.

SD card not recognized no matter what.

Crashed drone with most damage to the front right bottom skid plate.

Replaced camera gimbal assembly and gimbal/camera main circuit board - forward sensor control.

Fails re-flashing firmware when it gets to the camera at 40%

everything else is 100% fine. Flys great just no video signal.

Gimbal self calibrates when turned on. Seems fine except the error in the app and no video signal no SD card recognized...

Last thing to try I guess is the core board?

@Ram85 did you figure your problem out?

My problem turned out to be the video processor on the coreboard... I had to replace it...

Hi All

Was solution found?

I have had a on going issue since June 2019. Where "no sd card" message was displayed with a out of focus camera. This was resolved with a firmware downgrade. Since then i have been upgrading and downgrading the firmware whenever i have wanted to use the drone till yesterday.

I now have no consistent control over the gimbal. So i cant upgrade or downgrade the firmware.

I have tried the drone in wifi mode with no sd card and got control of the camera for a minute and then it suddenly cut out.

I think its a damaged cable or is it a board with the issue coming and going with firmware for a while till yesterday.

Any ideas?

Cannot be a sd card issue as was tried with out a sd card, intermittent control of gimbal to reset gimbal settings. No crashes or damage to drone. Go4 app and pc program used.

Got no where.

Am thinking of sending it away for a repair as no idea what could be wrong. Is it the case of gimbal and cable (s)?

Same problem, I'm also wondering if I need to replace the entire lower core board to fix video processor as well? Also, did you have to replace the gimbal board too?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky