DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor DNG image

rparkins

Reactions
The last time I did a photo shoot (raw +jpg), the dng images were not nearly as good as the jpg (attached). They appreared blurry and/or pixilated. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Attachments

• DNG format issues; photo comparison.pdf
    476.4 KB · Views: 24
No, the images I provided were snipped from each image as recorded and saved on the memory card.

Ok, so I attempted to attach the actual files, but could only do so with the jpg file.

The scenes in those pix are very busy with lots of distant minute leaf detail.
That's always going to be difficult since it has too much detail.
Try to shoot something simpler like a well lit brick wall at 20 feet.
Also try using a larger aperture like f5.6 or f4.

Unfortunately, I shoot for a realestate photograph, so most of what I capture is just a busy. I didn't have this problem on early shoots using same drone. However, I'll try using a larger aperature. Appreciate you thoughts.

Unfortunately, I shoot for a realestate photograph, so most of what I capture is just a busy. I didn't have this problem on early shoots using same drone. However, I'll try using a larger aperature. Appreciate you thoughts.
Your real estate shots might be busy but if you want to find out what the issue is, you need to do some testing and that should be a simple, clear subject to make it easy to see what's going on and eliminate some possibilities.

I'll try that out next week or so. Thanks.
I have added two files to the dropbox I shared with you last week. ISO 100. Apature 3.5. Shutter 1/60.
These illustrate the problem I'm having better than those I provided previously. I'm still having the same problem with aerial images. Any ideas about what is going on?

The DNG images are raw files and will look pixilated/fuzzy untill you put them into a decent photo editor that will display them and edit them. Once edited and saved they will be as normal. It's just a fact of all raw/DNG images.

The DNG images are raw files and will look pixilated/fuzzy untill you put them into a decent photo editor that will display them and edit them. Once edited and saved they will be as normal. It's just a fact of all raw/DNG images.
But I haven’t noticed this before - when I was flying the P3P

I have added two files to the dropbox I shared with you last week. ISO 100. Apature 3.5. Shutter 1/60.
These illustrate the problem I'm having better than those I provided previously. I'm still having the same problem with aerial images. Any ideas about what is going on?
Looking at your images, I'm not sure what problem you are seeing.
The subject in the photo is very close to the lens (less than 3 ft?) and the rest of the photo elements are quite a bit further back.
The subject is clear and sharply focused - check the detail in the T-shirt fabric and hair.
The background details are not so sharp but this is expected when the lens is focused on the close subject due to depth of field issues.
These issues are never going to be a factor in aerial photography where all elements in the photo are well away from the lens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229