DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props: are we sure it’s just how we put it away?

I can’t see any alert even on airdata where everything is clearly notified.
Can I use the same screws again after the visual inspection?

I had this come up in a flight a couple of days ago. I was only a couple of minutes into the flight but I brought it down and continued to fly for another five minutes or so because I wanted to see if I'd be getting the uncommanded descent issue. It didn't but the message never left the screen. Then when I landed, I got the beeping from the left rear motor.

motor error 2.JPG

I changed that prop and the error hasn't come back.

Remove the front motors and add the sticks. Zoom on the hovering
Here, at last. Hovering in my house (auto take off and auto land, no sticks).
First just back motors. In some moments difference is 1000+ RPM.

Motor_Speed_LBack, Motor_Speed_RBack.jpg

Then front motors.
Motor_Speed_RFront, Motor_Speed_LFront.jpg

With front motors graph is closer, but I can't explain this difference at the beginning, in interval 10-15 seconds.

Opinions?

Today i was flying a bit, not much because it was windy, and so far (and on previous flights) I didn't experience any problems of warning messages in DJI Fly app.

I think 1000 rpm difference is not a huge deal, but you can see that’s something strange. I’ve got no error with a motor running 3000 rpm faster than the other, but this ended up with a lower drone speed on a straight line and less strength on a windy day.
IMHO we don’t have to wait for an esc error to replace the props.

Reactions: BokiFly
If you do get the uncommanded decent, turn the mini around and fly backward and get some lift. I figures this out accidentally when about a mile out and the mini would not move forward and started descending. It flew perfect in reverse, but every time I tried going forward it went about 5mph and started descending.

If you do get the uncommanded decent, turn the mini around and fly backward and get some lift. I figures this out accidentally when about a mile out and the mini would not move forward and started descending. It flew perfect in reverse, but every time I tried going forward it went about 5mph and started descending.

Why do we have to wait for the error with the risk of losing the drone? Looking at the dat files from time to time should allow to prevent this issue with an early props replacement.
I know it’s not for everyone, but people in this forum are capable to do it.

A combination of checking motor speeds on the DAT files, and careful observation of early signs (better reverse speed than fwd, sounds of racing motors when flying fwd, struggling to gain/maintain altitude with fwd flight) it the approach I'm adopting, rather than changing out props that could be perfectly fine.

What exactly are you asking...why are the 2 rear motors spinning at diffent speeds? Or, are the props causing this?

I'm not sure why you'd need to refer to the .dat file in the first place unless you were facing some significant problems or a huge drop in battery life. Are you experiencing this?

I store my mavic mini with the same prop guards in a much larger Lowepro AW backpack with the fly more combo accessories fitting comfortably Not a snug pocket fit for the mavic; but it's good enough!

RoOSTA

What exactly are you asking...why are the 2 rear motors spinning at diffent speeds? Or, are the props causing this?

I'm not sure why you'd need to refer to the .dat file in the first place unless you were facing some significant problems or a huge drop in battery life. Are you experiencing this?

I store my mavic mini with the same prop guards in a much larger Lowepro AW backpack with the fly more combo accessories fitting comfortably Not a snug pocket fit for the mavic; but it's good enough!

RoOSTA

The DAT file contains the motor speeds.

Reactions: Fernando_CWB
The DAT file contains the motor speeds.
Yes i know, that's why he posted the graphs. Question is, whats gone so absurdy wrong to review the deeper stats in the dat to begin with?

Yes i know, that's why he posted the graphs. Question is, whats gone so absurdy wrong to review the deeper stats in the dat to begin with?

The problem is lack of thrust from the props, leading to excessive motor speeds. Hence the need to look at the DAT files.

Reactions: AndreaBB and roosta
What software gives the graphs from motor speed?

Read that. Have the free airdata which I can't see any motorspeed graphs so wondered what I need

Read that. Have the free airdata which I can't see any motorspeed graphs so wondered what I need

I'm sorry - then you need to read it again. Motor speeds are recorded in the DAT files.

Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 app)
These are converted to readable CSV files using CsvView or DatCon, and can be visualized in CsvView under OS X and Windows. They are recorded at just 10 Hz and are much smaller than the aircraft DAT files, but contain many of the same fields. AirData also reads mobile device DAT files and displays a similar set of data as it does with the TXT logs.​

Reactions: Mrdj
The problem is lack of thrust from the props, leading to excessive motor speeds. Hence the need to look at the DAT files.

Props can "lack thrust"? If not screwed on, visibly bent or 3rd party non OEM where they weigh more, sure... But lack thrust?

Props can "lack thrust"? If not screwed on, visibly bent or 3rd party non OEM where they weigh more, sure... But lack thrust?

I have had my mini standing on my table instead of in my flymore bag.
Ive changed the props two times and still the left prop got contact with the body sometimes so i returned it to the store.
1 week later i got a brand new mini without explanation what was wrong.
I have only tried it once for five minutes but soon ill try it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS