DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BenCathro

Reactions

I used my Mavic Pro, GoPro 3+ black, Feiyu Tech WG Gimbal and GoPro 5 black to shoot a self made edit in 1 day. Really happy with how it all turned out!

Settings I used (firmware update defaulted the camera to settings I wouldn't normally use resulting in not ideal footage):
1080p
30fps
-1-1-1
D-Cine

Would love to hear suggestions on how to make it better!

I used my Mavic Pro, GoPro 3+ black, Feiyu Tech WG Gimbal and GoPro 5 black to shoot a self made edit in 1 day. Really happy with how it all turned out!

Settings I used (firmware update defaulted the camera to settings I wouldn't normally use resulting in not ideal footage):
1080p
30fps
-1-1-1
D-Cine

Would love to hear suggestions on how to make it better!
Seriously?!?! Dude, that is just sick. Extremely well done. I'd consider that a masterpiece. The weather/ lighting kind of sucked but you made the best of it. Your riding is sweet. Really shredded. A++ man.

Reactions: BenCathro
Sweet! Well done on the edit, looked like a fun ride. I'm guessing the limitations of active track were quite a challenge?

Sweet! Well done on the edit, looked like a fun ride. I'm guessing the limitations of active track were quite a challenge?
I got the opposite perspective. I thought this is proof of how cool active track can be. It seemed to work better than expected. But I don't know how many batteries or takes those shots took.

I got the opposite perspective. I thought this is proof of how cool active track can be. It seemed to work better than expected. But I don't know how many batteries or takes those shots took.
Interesting. I honestly haven't tried it yet but am looking forward to. I just got the impression that in the scenes with active track the OP was moving relatively slowly to allow it to keep up, whilst in the gopro chest shots he was ripping it up. That being said it did a great a job of keeping him in frame as he skidded round a corner near the end of the vid. Great use of high contrast clothing though!

Wow, thanks for the great comments guys. Buzzing on how it's being received for a first effort. If you guys want to see how I did it there's a behind the scenes Vlog style vid on my channel:

It was my first time using the active track up a mountain so I was unsure how it would cope. Purposefully rode slowly to make sure I got the shot. Didn't want to have to keep reshooting sections due to loosing track. New firmware has just updated the tracking speed from 10m/s to 15/ms which should help loads! That and more confidence in the drone with practice...

It's definitely not a put in the air, lock on and forget but it's a freaking flying camera that follows you! It's amazing! Tech should only get better in the future but at the moment I haven't seen anything that compares.

Reactions: erkme73
When you were racing down the hill through the trees towards the end, where did you have your MP? Was it on your person? Cause a bad wreck would have probably not only hurt you... Awesome video!

When you were racing down the hill through the trees towards the end, where did you have your MP? Was it on your person? Cause a bad wreck would have probably not only hurt you... Awesome video!

Yeah, had it in my backpack. It's insured so not bothered if I crash and damage it, more concerned about hurting myself. Been riding for years and race professionally so it's all a calculated risk. Looks more dangerous than it is!

Reactions: erkme73
Yeah, had it in my backpack. It's insured so not bothered if I crash and damage it, more concerned about hurting myself. Been riding for years and race professionally so it's all a calculated risk. Looks more dangerous than it is!

I wish I had your stamina. At my peak, I used to bike 150 miles per week - 20/day during the week days to/from work, and 50 or so on the weekend. It was all road bike, averaging about 20-22 mph. I thought I was the sheet... Until some friends from work asked me to go MTB riding on some of the trails in central Florida. No problem, I thought. God was that embarrassing. After the first hill or two, I was completely spent. I think my HR was pushing 190. MTBing is a completely different beast, and no matter how cardiovascularly fit a road-biker thinks he may be, the stuff you did in this video will spank him 9 ways to Sunday.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan