DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Johannvangruting

Reactions
My Mavic Pro platinum is having a weird problem.

As soon as I press 'return to home' it turns and starts climbing. Way above my pre-set RTH height of 45m. Up to the ceiling of 120m. And than sticks there, not moving. I left it there for 10 minutes, just to see if it needed to reorient itself, but no.. It's stuck needed to land manually.

Weather: clear,
Wind: none,
Sun: once noon, once 18:00h

Recalibrated everything..

Still. Just climb into infinity.

Have you physically had a look at the control app to see what the RTH height is set to? If not, check it, mistakes can happen.
If you post the txt log some one can check what is recorded in the log as the rth height.
If you want to look for yourself then download CsvView and let it run on the relevant flight log, out put the results to a csv and then open that csv with a spread sheet program.
I believe the RTH height is column GW or 205 possibly with the title "HOME.goHomeHeight [m]"

The path to the logs for an Android phone connected to a Windows computer via USB is shown in the attached.

Also it might be worth checking if, once the drone has climbed to above 20m, whether moving the "left stick" halts the climb and allows the drone to start heading for home. There is such a behaviour with the mini , QUOTE FROM THE MINI'S MANUAL
"If the aircraft is at an altitude of 65 ft (20 m) or higher and has not yet reached the RTH altitude, the throttle stick can be moved to stop the aircraft from ascending. The aircraft will fly directly to the Home Point at its current altitude ".

There is an odd bit in the Mavic pro manual V2.0 on page 13 which suggests it might work is a similar way,
" Aircraft will stop ascending and immediately return to the Home Point if you move the left stick in the aircraft reaches 20 meters (65 feet) altitudes or beyond during Failsafe"

Attachments

• Go4 flight log path.png
    Go4 flight log path.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
My Mavic Pro platinum is having a weird problem.

As soon as I press 'return to home' it turns and starts climbing. Way above my pre-set RTH height of 45m. Up to the ceiling of 120m. And than sticks there, not moving. I left it there for 10 minutes, just to see if it needed to reorient itself, but no.. It's stuck needed to land manually.
The usual cause of this type of incident is obstacle avoidance trying to climb over the sun.
The flight data will confirm if this was the case.
Obviously having it happen at noon, the sun isn't going to be seen by OA.
Post your flight data to learn more.

Having the same problem with my Spark. Started for me after the last firmware update. Remember when you are setting the RTH height, it is in meters, so roughly triple it for feet. You set it to 100 it will actually RTH at 330 feet. I re-calibrated everything and set units to meters and it got better, but every once in a while it will decide it wants to climb on the way home. Not a big fan of RTH anyway...usually fly it back manually unless I've lost VLOS.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan