DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy A20 won't connect with Remote Controller

Imoow

Reactions
I have a Galaxy A20, 64Bit, Usb debugging Enabled, Android 10. And I just bought a Mavic Mini and I haven't been able to connect it's Remote Via Type C cable to My phone. Sometimes my phone recognises it as Charging?
I tested out it with my friend's Apple Iphone, Works fine, Connects. But my android Doesn't.
Should I buy an Expensive Apple Iphone???

Maybe try a different cable? You may have a charge-only cable. You need a cable for data connection.

It is a Data Connection Cable, as I've used it to transfer Files and movies from my Laptop.
For Android, it needs to be an OTG cable, like this for example. With a regular data cable, an Android device can only act as a peripheral for a USB host device. OTG allows it to act as a host device, in this case with the controller as a peripheral.

I had the same issue, I found that the DJI pilot app does not work, so out of curiosity I checked a app called rainbow. It immediately conected and works 100%

Make sure you use the correct DJI software or the other app mentioned. I have a mini and a 2 Pro and they each use different version. The DJY Fly app has a grey background and that is the one you want. NOT the DJI GO 4 with the blue background.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998