DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Showing Your Age

Waiting 1 to 2 minutes for the black and white tv to warm up. When it quits working you took off the back and took the tube you thought was blown to the seven eleven to test it and buy another one.

Trying to figure out channel U

Being talked into Betamax at Circuit City because it was a better quality picture

Reactions: Rchawks and Murph66
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, tut tut tut, "what's that Skip ? Little Joey has fallen down the well and broke his leg ?" (Incidentally, did you know he wasn't a Kangaroo ? He was a Wallaby)

View attachment 174836
Nope. She was and eastern grey kangaroo

I'm in the US - "Candy" cigarettes, cap guns with the strips of "caps" you had to load, playing cards in the spokes to make your bikes sound cool, Saturday morning cartoons, sitcoms that were actually funny (Hogan's Heroes, Gilligan's Island......)
My parent's had a voice activated remote control for the TV. "Darryl go turn it to Channel 10 and rotate the rabbit ears" ( you know the ones that had aluminum foil on them for "better" reception.) 🤣🤣

PEZ dispensers, Pop rocks.
When Mom called you in for dinner, you went then or you didn't eat which also goes along with you ate what she cooked or you didn't eat.

Buying a fancy color tv and the only thing in color was the advertisements

Watching reruns of the original Mickey Mouse Club with Annette Funicello on a black & white T.V. when I came home from grade school in the afternoon.

"Our Gang" comedy shorts, a.k.a "The Little Rascals" from the early 1940's - 50's. :D

Reactions: Prop Wash
I'm in the US - "Candy" cigarettes, cap guns with the strips of "caps" you had to load, playing cards in the spokes to make your bikes sound cool, Saturday morning cartoons, sitcoms that were actually funny (Hogan's Heroes, Gilligan's Island......)
My parent's had a voice activated remote control for the TV. "Darryl go turn it to Channel 10 and rotate the rabbit ears" ( you know the ones that had aluminum foil on them for "better" reception.) 🤣🤣
I love the voice activated remote control, that's hilarious 😂.

^^^ - Speaking of texting, it's nothing new. When I was in school I would "text" a girl I liked. It was in the form of a written note that asked, "Do you want to be my girlfriend? Circle Yes or No" It got passed across the classroom. They'd reply (No most of the time) and passed it back! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sending a text involved using a Telegram.;)
Haha. I remember my parents sending me telegrams for my birthday and other events when I was in the military

Ringer washers and Washboards, along with Clothes lines.

Reel to Reels not only at home but in the workplace as well, on machining centers and in computer rooms for programming and data storage.

Using Walkie talkies to communicate with other departments in the work place because there were no cellphones Gasp!!

Last edited:
Everyone walking to school often without a parent. T
Just thought of a childhood mistake I made when I was about 6 years old that I just had to share

I accidentally cleaned my teeth with some Haemorrhoid cream that me Mam had left out on the bathroom sink 🤣🤣🤣
I remember thinking that It didn't taste too good, but I liked the fact that it came out star shaped because the applicator nozzle was still attached !!!

I'm sure this one will get piles of laughs and likes 💩💩💩
Yuck.

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse