DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Showing Your Age

Lawn Darts!!, Klackers, Skyslide, Dodge ball, Duck and cover..
Klackers got banned in my school because of wrist injuries.
Everyone walking to and from school, and rarely a parent in sight.
Teachers' rules being the word of God. The cane and other forms of corporal punishment most of which where designed to make you look like a plonker rather then hurt.
Working with Mercury, in the open, in the classroom.

The moon landing.
Being sent to the shops to buy cigarettes for the woman across the street and paying for 20 B&H with coins. No I don't smoke cigarettes and never have.
Milkmen and Breadmen.
LSD .......... pounds, shillings and pence.
Stones, pounds and ounces and getting a quarter of creamline toffees on a Sunday for possibly 2/6?, 12 1/2p, no paper delivery on a Sunday so I got sent for the paper and toffees.

'BBC English' and no swear words on TV.
Raymond Baxter and Tomorrow's World.
The arrival of a THIRD:eek: television Channel, BBC2
Dr Who SCARING me, I can't remember now which one it was but one of the baddies really did scare me, lol. Jon Pertwee as the Dr, I think I rememeber his predecessor, Troughton as well and possibly Hartnell
Snow not bringing everthing to a halt.

Footballers not being drama queens and divers on the pitch.
Geordie Best running rings around people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murph66 and Rchawks
Looking at a copper then asking if his dad's in the car.

Wishing the Rolling Stones would act their age.

Wanting to leap out of bed and go for a run even though you know you'd throw your hip out before you got past the bedroom door.

Waiting for medicine to catch up with 'The Bionic Man'.

Thinking my commodore 60 was the most powerful calculator out there

Approaching Retirement and having advantage Brokers beating on the door as if they were the police over and over and over trying to hawk their advantage plans over Medicare 😡.

Last edited:
On a lighter note shows like the Jetsons, Flintstones, Roadrunner, Bewitched, The Munsters, Patty Duke, Dark
Shadows, WKRP, Stanford and Son were just a few of the programs they had on back then and was entertaining at the time.

Reactions: Murph66
Mimeograph machines.

Reactions: Murph66
You are showing you age if you know what a Rolodex is....and if you used the vent window in the car as air conditioning
Speaking of window vents, didn't cars used to have two side windows, the main one and a smaller triangular one which you could manually prop open to get airflow without opening the big window; it was angled so you could direct the air....A/C was optional on all cars.

Reactions: Murph66 and Rchawks
Speaking of window vents, didn't cars used to have two side windows, the main one and a smaller triangular one which you could manually prop open to get airflow without opening the big window; it was angled so you could direct the air....A/C was optional on all cars.
That is the vent window
1718371644254.jpeg

Here's a question for us old foggies, is your pallette reverting to the foods your Mum cooked or prepared ?
God yeah, roast dinners and Irish stew, still use her recipe 👅

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916