DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small bits to avoid soldering

7ucky_Rider

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I've been flying my MA for many months and got quite good at it but then one day decided to turn off the vision sensors and fly into a wall. Needless to say the bird crashed, from the 4th floor! Amazingly it survived with only a few scratches and bruises. One rear landing foot snapped off and one of the hinges for the antenna is broken. I have fixed electronics before but I currently don't have the time to be opening it up and soldering cables. I know I'm definitely not the first one to ask about it but has anyone found a place somewhere to buy small bits for the MA? I find it so unnecessary to open up the bird to replace two arms if I only need to replace a hinge and a landing foot.

Start by avoiding big bits made of brick.
Always works 100%
Edit; I have nothing to add unless I read this the wrong way?
Find 2nd hand spares or repair MA to cannibalise.

Yeah I found out the hard way (pun intended) that those propellers are not suitable for cutting bricks!
It was a very stupid mistake in a panic mode trying to land on a balcony with critically low battery level.

I've been looking all over but have only found brand new replacement arms, if anyone has been successful finding 2nd hand parts or the small bits please do point me in the right direction!

Yeah I found out the hard way (pun intended) that those propellers are not suitable for cutting bricks!
It was a very stupid mistake in a panic mode trying to land on a balcony with critically low battery level.

I've been looking all over but have only found brand new replacement arms, if anyone has been successful finding 2nd hand parts or the small bits please do point me in the right direction!
Pictures of the damage inflicted may help?

eBay search Edit; That search link ain't much use, it showed better results on my other machine!!
Though if you don't want to fix it you're going to have to buy another 1 and sell what you have at a significantly more expensive loss.

Going on the circumstances leading up to this, my confidence in your repair skills is low.
Edit I'll look out for parts but I'm not sure which bits are needed due to no picture or schematic of the Air as I have a MP.

Last edited:
eBay listing

Item description: We are auctioning a defective drone. The drone can be switched on but can not be connected. Also, the drone was obviously already screwed around and the drone strained for lubricant. Where the fault lies / what works or is defective I can not say. We sell the item explicitly on behalf of the customer and as defective / for hobbyists / spare parts, so we give no guarantee or warranty, the return / cancellation is excluded, please note this when buying! The drone is sold in the condition as seen on the original photos. Photos are also included.

Or if you plan on any more wall inspections you may as well stock up on the near complete package
Frame complete

Last edited:
Photos of damaged bits, it looks like I have no option but to bite the bullet and get new arms and dissect the bird. Thanks for all the replies!

Attachments

• 962E6C9F-A319-4AA5-B4F0-593474746ED4.jpeg
    962E6C9F-A319-4AA5-B4F0-593474746ED4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 55695622-D6EF-42FB-A047-2614DE0286CA.jpeg
    55695622-D6EF-42FB-A047-2614DE0286CA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 8D1E181D-7625-4C7B-871D-4243BF2C4BFB.jpeg
    8D1E181D-7625-4C7B-871D-4243BF2C4BFB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 686A7701-6D77-4251-8BB3-27E909DE6951.jpeg
    686A7701-6D77-4251-8BB3-27E909DE6951.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: SpinItUp
Going on the circumstances leading up to this, my confidence in your repair skills is low.

Thanks for the distrust but I think I’ll manage, last thing I fixed was a MacBook Pro and I had to take everything out and do a bit of soldering.

I just think it’s such a unnecessary amount of work for such a little damage just because DJI doesn’t want to supply individual bits. One of my batteries is missing one of the buttons for the latch and they wanted me to send it in for repair instead of sending me the bloody button. Such a simple thing but so much trouble?!

I hope they’re listening and change their customer service or I’m out!

Consumer to business works like that in many if not most situations.
They're not in it to bend over for every customer, which would see them diminish very quickly if they did.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine