DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon to be Mavic pilot! Hit me with your best tips!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy that Mavic Pro, it's a great machine. Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: MavicSwede
Tomorrow my Mavic pro will arrive! It will be my very first drone. I would love to take your tips of what was difficult for you as a beginner. Everything from must have accessories and locations is of interest. I have a project To film
And produce music in the province of Scania Sweden. Really exited about this!! Looking forward to talk to all of you in this community/ Kind regards // MavicSwede

This may sound simple but seriously just watch every video you can find on the mavic about every topic that comes to mind. That’s what I did before I got my mavic and it helped me out heaps. Good luck though and happy flying :)

Reactions: MavicSwede
Tomorrow my Mavic pro will arrive! It will be my very first drone. I would love to take your tips of what was difficult for you as a beginner. Everything from must have accessories and locations is of interest. I have a project To film
And produce music in the province of Scania Sweden. Really exited about this!! Looking forward to talk to all of you in this community/ Kind regards // MavicSwede
Should have waited for the next generation send it back! If not enjoy don’t fly inside, over water, without a tracker and get the insurance

I have to admit that I am still at the beginner stage, maybe even "beginner minus" but no real issues yet.
I have had a couple of rough landings, no damage just not pretty.
I have not tried any photography yet. I want my flying to be "second nature" so that I can focus a bit more on the shots.
I have purchased the prop guards shown earlier. They will be mounted prior to the next flight.
I am thinking that I will tie pieces of fishing line between them, at the outer ends to help prevent any snags.
Someone had mentioned that in another post and I like it.

1. Once you set the imu and compass you generally shouldn’t have to do it again. If it asks you to do it make sure it’s not bc of you’re very close to metal objects like cars and concrete w rebars. A lot of people make the mistake to recalibrate everything not realizing the drone asks that bc it’s close to a metal object and when they take off and get away from the interference area imu and compass goes nuts causing to fly away and crashes.

2. Make sure the direction of the drone matches the direction showing in the app, that’s another big reason for crashes.

3. Make sure you have enough satellites locked in and home point recorded.

4. When flying far out make sure you go into the wind so on the way back you flying with the wind. A lot of people under estimate the power of the wind as you get higher up there and have trouble making it back.

5. Enabling flight modes will let you to switch to sport mode which helps when having trouble fighting the wind.

6. Make sure you read the manual especially return to home function and fully understand how it works.

I learned most of these from reading this forum. If not i probably would have crashed or lost mine already.

Last edited:
1. Once you set the imu and compass you generally shouldn’t have to do it again. If it asks you to do it make sure it’s not bc of you’re very close to metal objects like cars and concrete w rebars. A lot of people make the mistake to recalibrate everything not realizing the drone asks that bc it’s close to a metal object and when they take off and get away from the interference area imu and compass goes nuts causing to fly away and crashes.

2. Make sure the direction of the drone and within the app matches that’s another big reason for crashes.

3. Make sure you have enough satellites locked in and home point recorded.

4. When flying far out make sure you go into the wind so on the way back you flying with the wind. A lot of people under estimate the power of the wind as you get higher up there and have trouble making it back.

5. Enabling flight modes will let you to switch to sport mode which helps when having trouble fighting the wind.

6. Make sure you read the manual especially return to home function and fully understand how it works.

I learned most of these from reading this forum. If not i probably would have crashed or lost mine already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM